10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

It will be interesting to see the designer video on this. Just based on the pics, I like it, not a home run, but easily a stand up triple. This set is a MOCers dream, I saw at least 38 visible tan micro figs and a ton of other great architectural pieces.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jonathan1 said:

I was hoping for a more detailed set, to match tower bridge. The clock surround looks like just a square box, not integrated with the clock. and is that mini mini figures standing in the windows of the houses of parliament?

They are microfigs, but they are meant to represent architectural detailing, not people standing in the windows. Pretty cool use of the LEGO element if you ask me.

• Like 1

Just now, lego rules said:

I love it.  Day one purchase for me!  It is hard to tell but I think the clock is a printed piece.  It will be likely be a very boring build, similar to Tower Bridge, but the end result always makes me smile.

Sometimes in life, boring is good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Quacs said:

Can anyone see what the overall dims of the set are?  I'm on a mobile, but not sure whether my its my phone or just the pic res that's blurring these out.

The pic res is not good enough to read the overall dimensions. All we have so far is this..

• Like 1

Very cool set I think. It's great that Lego are doing sets like this. My only gripe would be the microfigs. Once you notice what they are, it's hard to 'unsee' them as microfigs. Maybe they'll look more natural in reality rather than the box pics. It's a minor quibble though. Hard to see how they could have done this set better really.

• Like 1