9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

yeppers, if 90 days from now this thing is still in stock with no signs of being retired ill push a wheelbarrow full of Orc Forges into my local LEGO store.

I wonder what they would do if someone returned 30-40 orc forges. Would they ship them back to lego or mark them down?

Has anyone noticed the difference in boxes?  Maybe if you bought from Target, the boxes came with "hard to find" phrase and if you bought from S/**** the box excluded that phrase?  Can someone confirm.  Thanks.

im pretty sure they all have the "hard to find" tag on the box no matter where they were purchased.

EDIT: did some searching on the net, seems only the US based orc forges have the hard to find, im assuming thats because of them being target exclusive here in the US. I will check my stash tonight as i have some from target and some from LEGO, dont believe i noticed a difference in any of them tho.

Also if anyone @ LEGO is reading this please bring back the Zombies set next time you decide to revive a sold out set! While youre at it i could use a couple UCS Millenium Falcons and several of the earlier Modulars.

im pretty sure they all have the "hard to find" tag on the box no matter where they were purchased.

http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer?template=scene7-image&image=Target/14018146_is&omniZoomPartNumber=14018146&swCellSpacing=10,10&swHighlightThickness=1&swBorderThickness=0&itemTitle=LEGO+Lord+of+the+Rings+The+Orc+Forge+9476&omniImageCount=4

Yeah, it looks like it's right on the front of the box.

Was it a USA exclusive?  I know I bought a few from amazon UK and the box looks different.  It does not include the "Hard to Find" phrase that's on the Target boxes.  

The item number will be different if you bought that from UK.  The Target ones have a "Hard to Find" crest in the front of the box.

HAHA

this is funny as hell... I thought they will return... its a dumb decision to let them go out of stock with Orthanc available...

Now lets see what happens... also if everyone returns their stock they might just ship it back to LEGO and they keep getting more in stock 

TLG strikes back!

Awesome!  In for a couple, I knew my patience would pay off.  I was contemplating buying some a while ago on ebay for $60 shipped.  I already have one from Target I got on clearance, I'm glad I'll have a few more to build up a larger forge to go with Orthanc.

I wonder if Lego held these back on purpose until double VIP points ended, knowing investors would swoop in and buy them up quickly?

Awesome!  In for a couple, I knew my patience would pay off.  I was contemplating buying some a while ago on ebay for $60 shipped.  I already have one from Target I got on clearance, I'm glad I'll have a few more to build up a larger forge to go with Orthanc.

I wonder if Lego held these back on purpose until double VIP points ended, knowing investors would swoop in and buy them up quickly?

I`m certain that is a reason, if not the reason. Oh well, even buying at retail is expected to generate some serious money down the road, assuming they will go EOL soon, now that they are back. Wonder how long they will be around now. Only going to buy 3 or so, as I hope to stay under the radar. That might be dumb, given the set, but don`t want to risk it. 

I`m certain that is a reason, if not the reason. Oh well, even buying at retail is expected to generate some serious money down the road, assuming they will go EOL soon, now that they are back. Wonder how long they will be around now. Only going to buy 3 or so, as I hope to stay under the radar. That might be dumb, given the set, but don`t want to risk it. 

Considering I already have like 10 on my VIP account, I am just gonna stay away. If they come back in on Target's website, Ill be in for a couple or more.

Considering I already have like 10 on my VIP account, I am just gonna stay away. If they come back in on Target's website, Ill be in for a couple or more.

Understandable. 10 is a healthy number though :thumbsup: There policies aren`t worth the risk for more though. I`m sticking with 3 on this order, will have 4 (I built the one I had already, it`s pretty sweet) total, but 3 sealed. Good enough for now. 

Hopefully not. I don`t want second hand products :devil: Though you guys are likely right.

Just glad they didn't do something crazy like bring it back into full production, I'm all about buying sets at retail prices when they're selling for close to double that online :) as usual I now wish I bought more but thankful for the handful I did purchased