9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

Are they actually in the target store or do you have to order it of their website?

No, as it says on target.com they are no longer sold in stores. Actually almost all of the big box stores have either sold out or are close to being sold out of series 1 LOTR sets.

Right now target is the only site selling the orc forge, i dought lego.com will bring it back, my guess is they left up the "temp unavailable tag" because they are still selling it through target.

I think you will see them come back in at Lego LEGO Shop at Home for a very short amount of time, then disappear for good.  Am I being too optimistic?

It would be smart from LEGO to reproduce them for Orthanc... I think this is why they returned to LEGO Shop at Home in the first place....

I mean why else would they go from SOLD OUT to temp. out of stock?

makes no sense... unless LEGO is really trying to only screw investors... which is unlikely but possible.

If it comes back in stock next month (which is what I'm hoping) I'll end up with an additional VW poly because I'll buy a couple additional forges...if not, I'll probably end up with just the one poly. I haven't bought from LEGO Shop at Home in quite a while because I was waiting for a better promo, and with the clone and VW next month, I'm really hoping the forge comes back in stock then.

It would be smart from LEGO to reproduce them for Orthanc... I think this is why they returned to LEGO Shop at Home in the first place....

I mean why else would they go from SOLD OUT to temp. out of stock?

makes no sense... unless LEGO is really trying to only screw investors... which is unlikely but possible.

I don't think Lego will do this - they clearanced it out in all the stores. 31.98 across the board.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Orc Forge, as many already know, has been sitting at "Retiring soon" for quite some time...  It is also still holding the "Temporarily out of stock."

My question is, and reason why I didn't post this to an existing topic, is: How many of these are they producing to be sold soon?  I am surprised at how long it has been sitting like this...

I don't think they are producing more - I just think they don't care about what the website says. Here is why:

1. They would let you order them because they would know the production numbers - they let you order stuff all the time thats out of stock.

2. Clearance price.

3. In the stores, it is clearanced. I went to two over the last month and grabbed a bunch at $31.98. I asked both managers (which may or may not know anything) why they were at that price and both said they were clearanced in the system which makes sense with the website.

4. They have been out of stock for longer than any other set I can remember without changing position.

5. There haven't really ever been sets that show retiring soon, go out of stock, and then randomly come back.

6. other LOTR are gone and going, so how long should they really keep selling this?

Thats why I am not going to worry. Plus, another production run hurts this set by how much? It will be under bought anyway so it will still grow.

I think this set is pretty much gone. Managed to get a lot more at the 31.98 price so I'm not too worried but I'd buy at retail in a Heartbeat if I saw them anywhere around!

There are about 20 left at the nearest store to me (100 miles). I have been periodically making trips down there and siphoning them off (they used to have about 50) at 31.98. Lol They will only let me buy 5 at a time.

Target.com is finally sold out of them too.

hawt diggity darn!!!

Took them long enough to sell out. I was stocking up very heavy on these but had to stop once i hit my financial limit, wish i could have got more. I was suprised to see them for sale for so long on target.com, for a second i was worried they might bring the set back into production or something crazy but in the end i think people just paniced and missed out buying a great set. i was crazy reading threads about how people were returing the sets they bought *face palm*

If investors hurry they can probably still snag some for around $45-50 off ebay before sellers realize its sold out at target and start to raise prices.

hawt diggity darn!!!

Took them long enough to sell out. I was stocking up very heavy on these but had to stop once i hit my financial limit, wish i could have got more. I was suprised to see them for sale for so long on target.com, for a second i was worried they might bring the set back into production or something crazy but in the end i think people just paniced and missed out buying a great set. i was crazy reading threads about how people were returing the sets they bought *face palm*

If investors hurry they can probably still snag some for around $45-50 off ebay before sellers realize its sold out at target and start to raise prices.

If this happens I am getting several friends to go with me and I'll grab the rest of them at my store. Was hoping it would hit the "retired" sticker and then I would jump on them.