75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

21 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

there is no early access in the us to this set at lego shop at home on line or in store or any star wars sales

may 4th at midnight online would think is the earliest assume 10 am on may 4th in store

What a bummer. I was hoping for an early release and a possible chance of getting R2 tomorrow. Oh well.

To clarify the above post, May 4th sale starts at midnight Eastern time, so 9pm on May 3rd for us West Coast people.

2 hours ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Good point, retail games and I guess they will only release so many for early access, saving some for general sale on the 4th. This is the first UCS release I have been around for.

Hope we won't experience again Porsche fiasco from last year.

Edited by Shewie

Just now, Shewie said:

After initial sale for VIP set became OOS  available again after month or so...

Yeah, but IIRC that was mainly due to box issues? Didn't TLG release a memo that they would solve the box issues before shipping out any more sets?

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Sounds like a good plan to me.

42056 won´t ever be worth what people were paying for it last July.

I think the whole 42056 story left a lot of people extremely salty. There were a couple of false flags that made it look like they were releasing a very exclusive set. Then Porsches started rolling in at 200€ from literally everywhere. It's still a best seller, but it's not an exclusive item at all so the potential for high returns is gone.

6 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah, but IIRC that was mainly due to box issues? Didn't TLG release a memo that they would solve the box issues before shipping out any more sets?

I think the whole 42056 story left a lot of people extremely salty. There were a couple of false flags that made it look like they were releasing a very exclusive set. Then Porsches started rolling in at 200€ from literally everywhere. It's still a best seller, but it's not an exclusive item at all so the potential for high returns is gone.

Exactly, so if you rolled the dice back in July you were able to make an excellent profit - same with Disney Castle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Damn, I wish I had just waited for that reply rather than spending 20 minutes reading about the porsche fiasco 1f602.png

That´s time invested in learning about supply and demand rules! 41999 Crawler thread is  anither great read if you have a free evening.