75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

22 minutes ago, KShine said:

I always really liked the underside of the old one (not sure why, just looks so clean), and I don't think they show it in the video - Does anyone have a shot of the new underside?

There are additional pictures shown here in the (Dutch) post about the new Snowspeeder at Bouwsteentjes.info, but no shot of the underside either:

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-star-wars-75144-ucs-snowspeeder-aangekondigd/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

I missed the first UCS snowspeeder, so I'm glad to have another chance at getting one. One of my favorite SW ships for sure.

I wouldn't mind paying 50€ more for a version with printed bricks instead of those damned stickers though.

Well since you live in Belgium, TLG wil gladly charge you 50 euros more anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hennessy said:

I am really not convinced to buy this thing, as its length should be 5,3m and therefor it is terribly large. I would reallly appreciate some minifig scale model instead of this huge monster.

I am happy to have one that is closer to UCS scale that will look good on display beside the X-wing, B-wing, TIE Fighter, and Slave 1.  I don't know how accurate those scales really are, but I believe they are larger than minifigure scale.

If ever this goes on sale or there is a promotion that would warrant purchase, then I might think about getting one. Not because I don't like it or anything, I'm just jaded enough to never want to pay full retail for Lego ever again. Sales or promotions only.

That said, I think this UCS is absolutely awesome. This is what I expect from a Lego set when they want to put that UCS label on the box. The last couple were really glorified play sets, which is ok for what they are, but not really collector items. And sure, stickers suck especially at the quantity involved here. But I wouldn't say it's an overall dealbreaker. At least they are nice stickers.

4 hours ago, c_rpg said:

I missed the first UCS snowspeeder, so I'm glad to have another chance at getting one. One of my favorite SW ships for sure.

I wouldn't mind paying 50€ more for a version with printed bricks instead of those damned stickers though.

As a Lego Fan I hate stickers on UCS models.

As a Lego investor I'm all for them.

16 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

As a Lego investor I'm all for them.

Why? I mean, wouldn't collectibility increase if the set used exclusive printed parts? We've seen in the past that sets with exclusive parts tend to fetch a high price. Seems to me like that would be better for investors too.

Unless you are in the business of printing replica stickers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Why? I mean, wouldn't collectibility increase if the set used exclusive printed parts? We've seen in the past that sets with exclusive parts tend to fetch a high price. Seems to me like that would be better for investors too.

I don't think it Is as easy to buy extra exclusive stickers as it is to buy the printed bricks from the LEGO Bricks and Pieces site. I know that if the printed bricks are available on the site, anyone can get them separately. Stickers, not so much though. But still, I do prefer the printed bricks.

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Stickers reduce the appeal of used sets.

As a collector if you want a retired set are you going to buy one second hand with badly applied, possibly peeling or faded stickers or are you going to buy one BNIB to be on the safe side?

• Like 3

I think it's utterly ridiculous that sets of this caliber have stickers while Juniors and Ideas have printed pieces.  You want the 50th iteration of Police Station to have stickers?  Fine.  But several hundred dollar sets should come with some semblance of an enhanced product, even if it does cost them a little more.  I've ranted about this every time one of these comes out so I don't expect Lego to change but it's frustrating. 

• Like 9