75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

Just now, lego rules said:

This is not scaled anything close to minifig scale.

Really? Visually, it seems like the snowspeeder is scaled properly to the minifigs. I recall the speeders being pretty large in the film compared to humans.

Great set. Was worried after the "NEW" Death Star and AoH but this brings some faith back into it. Hopefully it sells well and beats everything from the last year UCS wise so they can see (with dollars) what people want and what people will buy.

As previously talked about I believe this is the future of USC. Smaller and more detailed sets. Gone are the days of SSD. Tons of ships can be made this scale and look good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a USC from TFA/RO by next year.

25 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Great set. Was worried after the "NEW" Death Star and AoH but this brings some faith back into it. Hopefully it sells well and beats everything from the last year UCS wise so they can see (with dollars) what people want and what people will buy.

As previously talked about I believe this is the future of USC. Smaller and more detailed sets. Gone are the days of SSD. Tons of ships can be made this scale and look good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a USC from TFA/RO by next year.

USC?! Whoa whoa. There ain't no Trojans here...OR ARE THERE?!

looks very good.  
good grief about the many stickers for a $200 set.   some even look cartoon-ish like on the sandcrawler.
i get it though - decrease cost / increase profit margin. 
hey lego, use some printed bricks for pete's sake on UCS sets though.  

This price point seems a bit high. I'm going to wait for the discount.
looks very good.  
good grief about the many stickers for a $200 set.   some even look cartoon-ish like on the sandcrawler.
i get it though - decrease cost / increase profit margin. 
hey lego, use some printed bricks for pete's sake on UCS sets though.  

This price point seems a bit high. I'm going to wait for the discount.

1 minute ago, longshot said:

Stickers are one thing, but white stickers on a white brick is just stupidity cus inevitably the brick or sticker fade at different rates and it looks awful. Use a clear sticker for detail on a white piece for Christ sake............... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a valid point. Would almost be worth buying an aftermarket clear sheet that will probably get made, and sell the real sheet.

• Like 1

What are people's views on what his will do to value of the original? I don't have a 10129 but would like to get one but not at the current prices,hence if this reduces the value of the original a la red five on the original x wing, I'd be happy

3 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

What are people's views on what his will do to value of the original? I don't have a 10129 but would like to get one but not at the current prices,hence if this reduces the value of the original a la red five on the original x wing, I'd be happy

It won´t make 10129 be worth more but it might make it worthless.

14 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

I would say that you should have a good chance of getting one of the originals at a very good price (and I would suggest that you do).

I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but I like this set. Really encouraging to see them get back on track with traditional UCS designs after that Hoth abomination.

I don't know the current value of the older Snowspeeder, but I could imagine plenty of people at least looking it up - this new one sparking an interest in a snowspeeder, and the older one possibly being a cheaper alternative...

Edit: just looked up 10129. Damn! Suffice it to say it's NOT a cheaper alternative.