75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

2 hours ago, lego rules said:

beginning to think they tricked us with this one.

You have to be patient.  It wasn't a big seller because many people already had the original UCS, thus the early retirement.  But if it's not selling now, maybe it will not be a great flip in the future.  That being said, I doubt there will be another UCS Snowspeeder for a long time...if ever.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I think they tricked themselves.

Exactly!   I think they are realizing remaking the iconic sets is not a great idea.  When a large portion or potential buyers already have the older versions which are very similar, why bother with the new ones?  

Guest TabbyBoy

C'mon LEGO.... it's time to drop this lacklustre theme and release something entirely new, I'm getting quite bored now. How about swapping with Megabloks for Star Trek? A UCS Enterprise would be amazing and I'd even pay as much as £649.99 for it! Are you only hanging on to SW 'cos greedy Disney have you by the gonads?

Of course, the UCS Snowspeeder will be another turkey like the UCS Tie Fighter and UCS Slave I.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Down to $160 at Lego Shop at Home...

I think it'll be even cheaper on eBay soon once buyer's remorse really sets in. One I doubt will ever recover RRP after fees.

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

This is a long term investment set, unless of course some genius in LEGO set development decides to remake it once again.  Otherwise, if you have some time and space to store, it will do appreciate slow and steady IMO.

and of course as long as you don't live on the other side of the pond where everything is covered in dark clouds.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

and of course as long as you don't live on the other side of the pond where everything is covered in dark clouds.

and where it got tagged retiring soon in the summer and still took 5 months to sell out.

It would have been a no-brainer had it gone quickly and quietly but at least it may have diverted the attention and budget of some reseller scum away from juicier targets.

As a Star Wars fan I got one for my personal collection. It’s still a cheaper alternative than buying the original. I got it off Rakuten like a year ago heavily discounted. I have two more I got for free because they made shipping errors lol. That’s about the only way someone would make a profit off them right now.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

and where it got tagged retiring soon in the summer and still took 5 months to sell out.

It would have been a no-brainer had it gone quickly and quietly but at least it may have diverted the attention and budget of some reseller scum away from juicier targets.

I think a lot have now realised that it's game over for UCS. Not a single one has really set the World on fire since the 10221 SSD, which got of its arse within weeks of EOL. I've made a lot more money by avoiding UCS and concentrating on lesser sets which are heavily discounted by well over 50%.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think it'll be even cheaper on eBay soon once buyer's remorse really sets in. One I doubt will ever recover RRP after fees.

I hope you're correct as I want to get one for myself. Current Ebay prices are sitting at ~RRP so you might as well but it from Amazon/LEGO and get loyalty points.

Any opinions on what a decent discount on this set is?

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Unless you snatched up those juicy targets as well. ?

I will see how sales are in a year after it is sold out before concluding its a poor seller.

UCS sets will always have buyers even for sets people say are doing terrible like tie fighter, they are doing ok for me.

I had a dud with PS but then DO and BB bounce in and prove there is life in places which people say there is not.

The snowspeeder is a very nice set so i have confidence I will make a good return.

19 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Unless you snatched up those juicy targets as well. ?

I will see how sales are in a year after it is sold out before concluding its a poor seller.

UCS sets will always have buyers even for sets people say are doing terrible like tie fighter, they are doing ok for me.

I had a dud with PS but then DO and BB bounce in and prove there is life in places which people say there is not.

The snowspeeder is a very nice set so i have confidence I will make a good return.

I am way more comfortable and optimistic about investing in those 2 modulars than with Snowspeeder, despite its shorter life.

Slave 1 would also seem a better bet for the same buy-in  as 75144.