40122 - Trick or Treat

I am Niko

These might be done. My Lego store had a handful behind the counter. Had to ask for them to get them. Said it was all they had left.

Ditto. My store had about 5 left today, I nabbed 3 of them. eBay competition is thick right now, it seems like the battle of the undercutters for the time being. I'm staying away from that, I'm going to wait it out. 

I got 4 a few weeks ago. I'm not a huge investor, but I figured all the talk couldn't just be all hot air. So, for now they are sitting on a shelf waiting on their eventual fates.

Neither am I, but these sets are pretty much solid (not that you'll make a ton of money, but you won't sit on them forever either) and they're great to fill out orders for promo items.

• 2 weeks later...

Are most people saving this until next year? I am not seeing profit for this Halloween. Assuming you paid $10 plus tax and selling for $20 shipped on ebay leaves about $2 in profits after fees and shipping and materials. I can see these being useful for getting your 25 sales on amazon and taking a loss, but how are people making money on this this year?

Are most people saving this until next year? I am not seeing profit for this Halloween. Assuming you paid $10 plus tax and selling for $20 shipped on ebay leaves about $2 in profits after fees and shipping and materials. I can see these being useful for getting your 25 sales on amazon and taking a loss, but how are people making money on this this year?

They're waiting for Walmart & TRU to start selling them next year...

• Like 1

Yeah and they will be selling them for $6 or less. So they are good for the Amazon sales and nothing else unless you got them at steep discount. Good to know for next year. Won't waste my time and money anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2015, 8:42:05, MarxMarvelous said:

You are doing it wrong

54 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Care to enlighten us? 

Buy during double.VIP (could do online shortly, but widely available in store)  makes every 10th one free or 10% off driving cost down to $9 each.

Sell train promo for $25 locally (no fees, I've sold 3 already), drives cost down to around $6.50 each, we can round up to $7 for tax.

Easy as pie to sell amazon for $20 W a $5 shipping credit. Buy box was in the $30-$35 range. Amazon takes about $4.5 in fees, but in cost less than $3 to ship firsr class package. Easy to net in the $18 range for a $7 buy in, even if you whack $4 off thay you are doubling up.

There are plenty of steps.there that fall into YMMV, but these are the little tweaks that I was making a couple of bucks a sale last year to doubling up this year

I sold around 25 this way and made $200+.

I use the $0.50 6x6 boxes from WM and a label writer, super easy and quick to ship

• Like 3

So creative accounting. I don't take vip points and promos off the front end. Those points haven't saved me anything until I spend them and that train is not worth anything until I sell it

Edited by MarxMarvelous

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

So creative accounting. I don't take vip points and promos off the front end. Those points haven't saved me anything until I spend them and that train is not worth anything until I sell it

And that $20 bill in your pocket isn't worth anything until you spend it.

Edit:  And I am the same way.  When I buy something with points, it goes on the spreadsheet as $0.00 cost.  Same with a train.  The item I buy to actually get those points or promos are entered for the price on the receipt, plus it's share of the taxes.

Edited by Loghamel