40122 - Trick or Treat

I am Niko

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the set as a whole but it's got a lot of great individual pieces that would be great add-ons to MF sets, etc..  I wish a few of the pumpins had Jack O'Lantern faces too.  Still, a nice set for $10.00.

Edited by Caltrops

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the set as a whole but it's got a lot of great individual pieces that would be great add-ons to MH sets, etc..  I wish a few of the pumpins had Jack O'Lantern faces too.  Still, a nice set for $10.00.

I like it but I agree there seems to be something missing. However, will be buying cases of these, Halloween's my favourite holiday.

I like it but I agree there seems to be something missing. However, will be buying cases of these, Halloween's my favourite holiday.

the thing that is stupid is the treat.  the big pink blob.  it would have been cool to have some printed 1x2 tile candybars and then a couple different colored round 1x jellybeans to go in the bucket.  no parent is going to let their kid eat that pink blob.  also the irony of the skeleton minifigure being the door opener and treat giver is a little overstated.  need a grandma cat-lady type figure to be giving out treats but then she'd give out apples instead of 1x2 candybars.

also agree that i will be buying lots of these.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Doesnt feel as well designed as the v-day and easter sets.  did LEGO lose a bunch of key designers recently or something?  overall it does have some add on value with scooby, cmf 14 and other sets, but on its own it just seems akward. 

I'm a strong believer that most of their grey matter would have been reallocated to the SW line. Although the pink blob can be seen as the set designer's brain ;) 

On the plus side it has all the pieces that I'm missing from my HH, damn kids...

I really wish they would have upped the ante a little bit and included the pumpkins from the Scooby Doo sets.  How hard would that have been?

To be fair his Holiday set was probably designed awhile back before Scooby Doo.  Also to meet the $10 price point custom molds and prints are not a priority.  

The "witch" is a dressed up little girl that apparently took notes from Britney Spears and shaved her head. Scarier I guess.

This set is pretty decent although I agree that the pumpkins could have benefited with some printing. I really like the use of the grass on either side of the steps. Haven't built with those yet.

• Like 1