Architecture 2016

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, inversion said:

Still missing the modern architecture showcase buildings. Will we only get tourist traps from now on? Where are the FLW and kind (Farnsworth, Savoye)? I enjoyed those much more. 

But I can imagine touristy stuff sells better. People associate more with those. 

I personally like "old architecture" more, so I don't complain. They might be tourist traps, but they for a reason. :)

4 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

These 2 are likely to  be 2H releases and I expect WH and mini Big Ben to make way for them.

Maybe.. it looks like they are retiring six sets (Imperial Hotel, UN Building, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Space Needle, Brandenberg Gate, Villa Savoye).  There are six new architecture sets due this year.  So, maybe if there is any retirements, it won't be until January of next year.

LOL...Sorry...Wrong building.  That's what I get for listening to some wack job customer.  He told me the Burj Khalifa was on fire and was still standing after being on fire for 12 hours.  During the same conversation, he said the Trade Center Towers were blown up on purpose.  

People watch as flames rip through the Address Downtown hotel after it was hit by a massive fire, near the world

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

I don't believe so... none of the news articles are reporting it was affected and they had their fireworks display anyways.

The video I was watching online a few hours ago, showed the Address Hotel going up in flames quickly.  It's near BK, so the smoke from the fire was drifting toward BK.  The fire happened before midnight in Dubai.  It definitely didn't burn for 12 hours, lol.

52 minutes ago, FRS-Lou89 said:

Does anyone have pictures of the U.S. Capitol or Buckingham Palace?

Nope not yet, but this thing looks great in person. Was able to get it cheap on TRUTH so well worth the cost. Some neat building techniques. ESB was my fav and OWTC was most challenging. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

So far, reselling-wise, selling on ebay from the UK, the NYC set is popular within the UK. The new Burj Khalifa is not popular anywhere, and the Venice/Berlin sets are popular on mainland Europe. Nothing too surprising really.

This from a very small number of ebay sales made.

Building the BK right now. Piece counts seems, on opening the box, a bit low for the size of box.

New BK already looking like a bit of a dud to me. And if you don't want the new taller better BK, i see no reason anyone barring an absolute completist would now want the orginal BK

14 minutes ago, Seal Cutter said:

And if you don't want the new taller better BK, i see no reason anyone barring an absolute completist would now want the orginal BK

Indeed. The old was caught by the new one just as it was about to get interesting price-wise. Sad.

(Or: well played, LEGO)

Edited by dinner41

3 hours ago, dinner41 said:

Indeed. The old was caught by the new one just as it was about to get interesting price-wise. Sad.

(Or: well played, LEGO)

Old BK made money at its peak if (as always) you bought at a nice discount. I still made a few £ recently flipping NISB ones from ebay auctions onto my own BIN sales

If you have the money for only one to build, i can't see anyone buying new BK over NYC