75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

25 minutes ago, Val-E said:

IST was the only big OT set out, last time people had to split between ISD and AT AT and both are more iconic. This one will struggle to do as well.

It has a lower jumping off point, retail was £79.99 and I guess most people sourced at around £50. That expands the market somewhat. A 1.5*retail is a double on buy in and a good secondary market price, particularly compared to the latest releases.

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Let´s hope people wasted their ammo on Poe´s X Wing and the other TFA sets that seem not to be retiring.

Unless they choose to flip it.  

The discounts we’ve just seen are going to distort the market for a while.  Selling at retail before costs is going to be a double on investment for a lot of sets.   People are comfortable with less than that.   Be interesting to see long it takes for that stock to move.  

Nice deliberate loudmouth spoilers there.

Nevermind that most others reading this thread haven't had a chance to see the movie yet and won't until during the Christmas. 

It's probably a great idea to not delete your spoilers and leave them there for everyone else to step into too, in the spirit in which they were intended no doubt.

Edited by Anomander
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, fossilrock said:

This one is definitely looking 'ISD and AT-ATish at this phase in the game.  Although, to be fair the AT-AT jumped almost to 2x by the end of the holiday selling season last year.  This is one of the few sets i've invested in this year... and i'm starting to feel good with that choice. 

The Final Jedi Duel is also showing some promising signs.  Goes to show the OT still has legs, while prequel and new trilogy sets are not as strong.

I missed the boat on Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, but I would not be surprised to see it double (over MSRP) by this time next year.  There is love for a handful of prequel trilogy ships, like the Jedi Interceptors and Gunship.  Less so the AT-TE (especially the current Captain Junkyard model; the previous incarnation eventually made folks some money).  I did join the horde on IST, so here's hoping...

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, Furious_george said:

Yeh agree with the interceptor. Where available at 50% off here recently . Grabbed a a few , see how we go.

Anakin's Interceptor did great (doubled in a year).  And that was in competition with Obi-Wan's (they're essentially the same ship).  It's too bad I didn't notice Obi-Wan's until it was gone everywhere.  I think Target.com had them for basically $16 each for a bit.

4 hours ago, BarryZola said:

I've gone in for quite a few of these over the past several months. You can't go wrong with this one, surely? At worst you'll be making your money back plus a few quid. At best it will take off and you/we will be making 100 pounds or dollars or more on each unit. Nice piece I think.

So long as there is more demand from buyers than stock from resellers, you´ll be fine, but we could say that about any item these days.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Val-E said:

So long as there is more demand from buyers than stock from resellers, you´ll be fine, but we could say that about any item these days.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Amazon alt listing is already at $160, so we're all set.  Just list with the wrong UPC, and watch the money roll in.

Serious question: Why does Amazon tolerate alt listings?  They serve no legitimate purpose.  If you're selling lego 75094, then that's what you're selling.