75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

48 minutes ago, Ensche said:

To find sales on this in Europe is definetely no problem at the moment. You can find it for 20-30% off (or even more) rather effortless.

I know. I bought the one I have from Amazon DE which gives a nice 30% discount right now. Since it's still a rather new set, I'll hold off to buy more and wait for other sales which may give even better discounts. ;) 

4 hours ago, Haay said:

Just a thought ... When multiple of us here who primarily think of buying Lego sets cheap and selling them high consider this set so good that we want to actually build it, consider how the general Lego buying public is eyeing this set!

I will definitely keep a close eye on this set and buy more stock whenever I find a really good sale on this one because I have a strong feeling this set will do well after retirement, even if that's still maybe 2 years off. :) 

I feel like the previous regular version of this set did pretty well post retirement and the reviews have been pretty positive. We've got probably most of a year before it retires, but hopefully some sales soon to clear shelf space for TFA stuff.

I think this set would make a great companion piece to either the Ewok Village or the Death Star Final Duel. It's sort of a stretch for the Death Star piece, but I doubt we're going to see an Emperor's Shuttle anytime soon.

• Like 2

On November 17, 2015 at 8:23:27 PM, Huskers1236 said:

Mine does it as well.  I suppose you could MOC up a little kickstand or something on the interior.

On November 18, 2015 at 4:07:52 AM, Haay said:

I have the same problem too and I guess it's a common issue of this model. Something not caught by TLG quality control. Just like they didn't catch the loose head of Wall-E. :mda:

No kidding, it seems the sinking canopy depends on the temerature environment. We just have the first cooler days in Florida of about 293 Kelvin, and the canopy stays open. I assume that the different plastic materials for the bricks and the joints have different temperature expansion coefficients.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 8:52 AM, d4m60d said:

Build my Tydirium Shuttle and moc-ed a stand for it! I like the wings to be opened in fly-modus. Even if you don't know it it looks like the UCS 10212 but much cheaper emoji4.png. Got mine from german Galeria-Kaufhof for 69€! Looks goob besides to slave I.

Nice. What's the set in the acrylic case below?

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, crimson773 said:

My son found one at TRU the other day, hiding behind a bunch of First Order Tie Fighters. Price at TRU as like $99, I got them to price match Amazon and got it for $82! Score! My son put it together the other night and I'll tell you what, I REALLY like how the shuttle looks.

I love the set, but all I can find it for at the moment is 140 AUD, which is too much... 

Though once it retires, it will probably be different.

On 25 December 2015 at 9:52 PM, d4m60d said:

59aec4ad1d0df2f3df7afcdb0e122944.jpg

Build my Tydirium Shuttle and moc-ed a stand for it! I like the wings to be opened in fly-modus. Even if you don't know it it looks like the UCS 10212 but much cheaper emoji4.png. Got mine from german Galeria-Kaufhof for 69€! Looks goob besides to slave I.

Can share the parts what you used to make the stand? It looks awesome

On 1/4/2016 at 7:15 PM, duffers said:

Walmart currently has them for almost 25% off. Even if they are not very close to retirement I might buy one or two. I also like this set and have a good feeling about it's price once it retires.

I did just this. Also opened up a WM charge and got another $25 back brings my OTD price to $77 each..I'll probably never use that card again lol.

In store it was $99, had to have them price match, themselves. Now if they would just stop damaging the boxes. Jeez. Out of 6 I took the best 2 and they still weren't "perfect".

I've got a feeling this one will be a winner.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2016 at 9:05 AM, finden said:

Can share the parts what you used to make the stand? It looks awesome

On 12/25/2015 at 1:52 PM, d4m60d said:

I'll second that request for stand.  Makes it look even better!

i've been actively hoarding these now from nearby target in tax-free NH.  too easy to just pick these up online for instore pickup  at $72 and change with the red card discount, stash of $5 gift cards from TP, paper towels, dish washing detergent etc, no sales tax and minty boxes.  i don't live near a TRU and this is pretty effortless for the padawan and/or lazy buyer.   of the last 8 all are recent seal codes 47R5, 49R5, 51R5 so they are cranking them out.  not much else meeting the Original Trilogy investing sniff test on the shelf at target or walmart. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1