75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

14 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Last time I seen one of these at a shop over(under) here, was probably a year ago.  Saying that I don't live at the shops.

Our eBay has them selling at $200 approx and fairly often. LEGO Shop at Home price was $140 so sets bought at reasonable discount are almost 2x already.

hahaha, that's what you get for living at the edge of the world.

The advantage is that prices and the market here in general are doing a lot better than in the States and EU. Downside is that even with cheap prices in the US, shipping to Australia is (usually) too expensive. We'll see what happens once Amazon open shop downundah

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Last time I seen one of these at a shop over(under) here, was probably a year ago.  Saying that I don't live at the shops.

Our eBay has them selling at $200 approx and fairly often. LEGO Shop at Home price was $140 so sets bought at reasonable discount are almost 2x already.

I saw IST in BigW when they were first released then after that lot dried up I never saw them again at retail. If my memory serves me right it was the same story with the T-16 Skyhopper set that was released around the same time.

I managed to get one IST from LEGO Shop at Home when they had a 10% off sale on some SW sets earlier this year.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

1 minute ago, LahH001 said:

Really sucks living down under. Recent 3 for 2 we were getting 5% off. Although even with that discount remains to be seen what you will make when these eventually disappears given that it's probably super hoarded

We´ve seen super hoarded OT sets still do well before because demand has been there e.g. 9493, 7965. I think this one will not do as well as  75055 or 75054 but should still sell reasonably well and the lower price point will help.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:18 AM, BrickLegacy said:

Watched the ROTJ on Friday with my extended family.  If I was home I would have busted one of these out to build with the kiddos.  It's such an iconic ship that you see throughout the movie (landing / leaving Endor, escaping the DS).

That being said, my expectations are low for this set.  Widely available at 50%+ clearance in the US and still lingering at retailers below msrp.  I guess we can only hope for no shuttle remake in the next 2-3 years if this does in fact retire in Q4.

It's definitely retired in the Netherlands. 

I think this will do pretty well. It probably won't go mega high, but I think with at least a decent discount we'll be absolutely fine and make a good profit after a while. I wouldn't be too sure about it being too hoarded in great quantities either (I could be wrong). I can't see a lot wrong with this set, plus the box is a decent size for posting :)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, beni said:

Today has return to the shop. Last week appears as retired in Spain.
Also in Netherlands is available.

I don't know if it happens ofen.

Incredible!!!

An this morning is out of stock.... Yesterday night the shop let me make a 10 units order and today is out of stock....

What is going on?

2 minutes ago, Haay said:

@beni Stock-returns become available for being sold again. So LEGO Shop at Home temporarily re-opens the buying window, enabling quick deciders to grab the returns. Until they're all gone and then the order option is removed again. Standard procedure for LEGO Shop at Home and nothing to be concerned about.

Indeed. Two more IST thankyou LEGO. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haay said:

You need to get them at LEGO Shop at Home over there? They're still widely available here below RRP (of €109,99):

75094 available.png

Will take a while before 3rd party stores will run out of stock of this set...

Thx, and I'm very keen to get some, but which of these places ship to Australia? Often even if they do shipping cost negates any discount.

But if you can find a retailer that does,  I'd be super grateful for such info. (Pm pls)

Edited by ED-209

26 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

The ones I bought from UK two weeks ago were 64£ and 13£ shipping.

One thing that bugs me about this set is that it at least needs Luke. Droids were also on the the ship but y no Luke?

images (1).jpg

Luke Endor was available the IST's entire lifetime in the Ewok Village. If they had put it in here, some folks would have lamented the loss of it being an exclusive figure. Lego can't win. :)

**EDIT***

Actually i retract this statement. You're really saying why didn't they have a luke in Endor Poncho. In looking at the Endor Luke from the ewok village, it does not have that, it just has the 'flap down' black suit. While it IS an exclusive (which is kinda cool), it's also not the endor poncho most think about when they think Endor Luke. I have no good idea why they missed the opportunity to do that figure. I totally agree with you.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Furious_george said:

But the discount talk and availability reads exactly the same as the atat and ISD threads, sets which are now killing it.

Yeah, I remember that from last year. I also remember how I couldn't imagine how these sets, so widely discounted, would ever be sold well above RRP. I was still a rookie then. :P 

But on the other hand, the AT-AT and ISD both benefit from no alternative LEGO set being available right now, and an increased interest because of the Rogue One movie. The IST on the other hand faces competition from both Krennic's Shuttle from Rogue One, and Kylo Ren's Shuttle from The Force Awakens.

This one is definitely looking 'ISD and AT-ATish at this phase in the game.  Although, to be fair the AT-AT jumped almost to 2x by the end of the holiday selling season last year.  This is one of the few sets i've invested in this year... and i'm starting to feel good with that choice. 

The Final Jedi Duel is also showing some promising signs.  Goes to show the OT still has legs, while prequel and new trilogy sets are not as strong.

• Like 1