"Out of Stock" Dates for Star Wars sets on Lego.com

fossilrock

On Friday, November 06, 2015 8:26:32, cladner said:

Battle of Salami is sold out.  start picking out your island in the south pacific, baby.

Star Wars™

Battle on Saleucami™

• Item: 75037
  •  
  •  
  • Ages:7-12
  •  
  • VIP Points: 14
  • Pieces:178
  •  
  • Sold Out

Jump on the speeder, fire the shooter and hit the targets with the Battle on Saleucami battle pack with BARC Trooper™ and 4 Droids.

Price $14.99

Italian or Hungarian? Also out of stock are the battles of Mortadella, Salsicce, Cacciatore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Back to sold out for the 3rd or 4th time..

General Grievous' Wheel Bike™

75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike™

• Price $24.99
  • Sold Out
And sold out for the first time:

Mos Eisley Cantina™

75052 Mos Eisley Cantina™

• Price $69.99
  • Sold Out

I picked up a few MEC this morning when I noticed it was sold out (in red, lol).  Grievous is orange.  Perhaps thats the thing...orange is temp sold out, red is gone for good?

Well, this would make investing more interesting if Lego retires sets less than a year out.  Seems like a somewhat newer trend, but this wouldn't be the first example if it does make the list in january.  Look at all the movie line sets of late (ant man, JW, hobbit etc) they all seem to retire less than a year on the shelves.  I hope they keep it fresh and rotating and I'd be ok with them retiring more sets after or less than a year into it rather than prolonging everything 2 years or more.  I think they must have a massive lineup for next years Star Wars theme.  

Edited by fossilrock

We all have a "bad investment" sometimes.  I hope this isn't one of the, but i'm not so optimistic on this set since it hung around so long and even was discounted last may the 4th and still never seemed to move.  Although my buy in was in the upper 20s to low 30's..

Droid Gunship™

75042 Droid Gunship™

• Price $49.99
  • Sold Out

Edited by fossilrock

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

Au revoir B Wing too!

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/B-Wing-75050?fromListing=listing

Sets from Pre Disney era still available:

75045, 75044 - retiring soon 75051, 75049 plus 10188 DS, 10236 EV, 75059 SC and 75053 The Ghost.

Can you please please please use the set names along with the numbers.  That way I don't have to type in the set number to see what it is.   I don't have every star wars set memorized in that manner, nor do I ever want to attempt that.

On 20-11-2015 00:31:40, fossilrock said:

Interesting times Well, this would make investing more interesting if Lego retires sets less than a year out.  Seems like a somewhat newer trend, but this wouldn't be the first example if it does make the list in january.  Look at all the movie line sets of late (ant man, JW, hobbit etc) they all seem to retire less than a year on the shelves.  I hope they keep it fresh and rotating and I'd be ok with them retiring more sets after or less than a year into it rather than prolonging everything 2 years or more.  I think they must have a massive lineup for next years Star Wars theme.  

Interesting time with the new Star Wars movie on the shelf...a new massive line up would be great!

22 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Au revoir B Wing too!

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/B-Wing-75050?fromListing=listing

Sets from Pre Disney era still available:

75045, 75044 - retiring soon 75051, 75049 plus 10188 DS, 10236 EV, 75059 SC and 75053 The Ghost.

You forgot to mention 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina which is still available in large numbers (from LEGO Shop at Home, Limit: 10).