75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

Sorry, but I can't recall any lego sets that have been mostly out of stock like these have.  Even star wars sets might go out of stock for a few weeks, but then they tend to be back, and last for a while.  Hobbit sets, especially BOT5A sets haven't even gone out of stock at lego.com.  The lonely mountain wasn't even sold in target or walmart, except online..  From what I see, or remember, the Trex and IR sets weren't sold at target stores either, and only online.  You could buy the other 3 sets there, though.  At least that was how it was around my area.  My son's birthday was around that time, and he wanted the trex and raptor sets, and that was a challenge getting those, because walmarts seemed to get the trex in, while targets would occasionally land raptor rampage.  These have never been fully "in stock" at either stores.   The best way to get all of these were at lego stores if you had access to them.  I unfortunately, am hundreds of miles from lego stores, but that was how I ended up getting a raptor rampage when I was in Atlanta for a trip.

Don't worry Toys R Us, Target stores will have plenty of the JW sets out for the Holidays.

And you know this from what?  Speculation?  A magic 8 ball?  Having access to lego's inventory database?  

Edited by fossilrock

The targets around me had IDR, TREX, RR, and the 2 small sets and lots till the panic started and then boom, the bigger sets disappeared.  

It has been a weird run with JW, no doubt.  I got each set for my son and i to build and then went back out and bought each one again and kept sealed because i do think they are going to be good long term investments, and now am just fascinated at the behavior of the inventory of these sets.  

my regular walmart haunt restocked all JW sets except for RE and Trex.

i thought my TRU had stopped stocking JW lego until i accidentally strolled by the JW section no where near the lego section but in the merchandise section for the JW action figures and other JW merchandise.  they were all there.  

long term this theme is a winner. 

for now i'm only hoarding the 2 raptor sets (RR+RE) which were the hardest to find near me and also the cheapest to ship.  might make a nice $180-200 combo this xmas.  still i'm thinking these raptor sets if they aren't back will just keep going up to stupid money land.  and i want to still have RE double digits when we get to stupid money land.

i'm hoarding cash for the inevitable transient appearance of the elusive Santa's workshop.

• Like 2

I was a tad disheartened to see the tea leaves look like they are coming back but also a tad excited to see them back so i might pick up 1 more each for investing long term and i have never done that with a set before.  Maybe i am showing symtoms of becoming a reseller:)

Do you think Lego would spend millions on License Fees, plus millions for the molds to make these sets just to have them out for a few months. They have struck gold with this series so don't be surprised if the sets go into 2016.

They did with the Lone Ranger ;)
Lego had ordered a shortened production run (I mentioned this earlier on in one of the JW threads that I had heard that it would be a limited run from retailers)  but I think they were hedging their bets. The movie's massive success as well as the interest in dinos once again has shifted their thinking into pushing through another production run. 

Indominus aside, are the other dinos new moulds or same as last Dino run just with different printing?

Edited by TheDarkness
  • Like 1

Indominus aside, are the other dinos new moulds or same as last Dino run just with different printing?

The Dilophosaurus is the only other new mold breed I believe. The Pteranodon, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Velociraptors are all the same (except different printing) as the prior Dino line.

• Like 1

The Dilophosaurus is the only true new mold from the JW theme.  

The I-Rex's body and tall are from the Dino line.  Those pieces have the same copyright info.

The Raptors are the same as Dino even to the copyright info.

The T-Rex also carries the same Dino mold.  Only diff is the tail tip is slightly softer.

• Like 1

Can I ask what store has Jurassic World on sale? Also, what about taxes on the $120, is that factored in. Just trying to justify putting a few of these away.

Shipping costs to the US on this set can be $35 but I see you sell through Amazon.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...