5004590 - Bat-Pod (Limited Edition Batman Bat-Pod Competition June 2015)

jaisonline

I'm just curious if any of you have compiled all the parts to build this yet and what it has cost you?  I have a few more Bricklink orders that should be in soon and then I can start putting everything together.  

I have some parts mixed in with other Bricklink orders coming, but might have a few more to get.  I had quite a few parts lying around with my stash, so my cost is going to be cut a bit there.  I should have no more than $60-$70 in it, maybe less.

Using no existing parts.

2x Hero Factory Breez Flea Machine  set# 44027 = $17.99 * 2 * 1.13(tax) = $40.66 CDN

2x Tires via Shop @ home (bought many to spread shipping cost) = $11.77 * 2 = $23.54 CDN

Bricklink orders including shipping cost: ~$85 CDN

Total: ~ $150 CDN

Will have the extra parts from Hero Factory set and bought extra tires which should resell for some profit.

• Like 1

I have some parts mixed in with other Bricklink orders coming, but might have a few more to get.  I had quite a few parts lying around with my stash, so my cost is going to be cut a bit there.  I should have no more than $60-$70 in it, maybe less.

I'm probably at about $100 and still missing about 12 pieces. The cost of the Hero Factory parts and the tires is about half of that.  Ditto on the extra tires and Hero Factory parts. I plan on selling those to pay for this.

Edited by jbacunn

I'm just curious if any of you have compiled all the parts to build this yet and what it has cost you?  I have a few more Bricklink orders that should be in soon and then I can start putting everything together.  

I had a small number of pieces to begin with

tire and rims and a few small pieces from LEGO Shop at Home $40

bricklink order for pieces $45

I bought 2 of the complete Hero Factory sets at 15 each so $33 (tax included)

total = $118 USD

not the cheapest set on earth given the piece count but well worth it IMO it was fun to build and looks great on my shelf next to Tumbler

I'm probably at about $100 and still missing about 12 pieces. The cost of the Hero Factory parts and the tires is about half of that.  Ditto on the extra tires and Hero Factory parts. I plan on selling those to pay for this.

I was lucky and was able to snag the Hero Factory parts from S@H before they disappeared.  I think they cost me around $2.10.

I just looked at the parts list and picked anything out that was uncommon and tried to add it to my cart.  I was lucky on those.  I had no idea they were that hard to find. I was early and thankfully LIFO didn't hurt me this time.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

I was lucky and was able to snag the Hero Factory parts from LEGO Shop at Home before they disappeared.  I think they cost me around $2.10.

I just looked at the parts list and picked anything out that was uncommon and tried to add it to my cart.  I was lucky on those.  I had no idea they were that hard to find. I was early and thankfully LIFO didn't hurt me this time.

Smart. :bow:

Is there much resale value for the other parts from the Hero Factory sets?  I bought Breez Flea Machine 44027 and pulled the shields and some other technic parts used for the Bat-pod.  There are a lot of unique parts left over but I have no idea if there is demand for them and I don't have a Bricklink store.  

Edited by zskid00

Is there much resale value for the other parts from the Hero Factory sets?  I bought Breez Flea Machine 44027 and pulled the shields and some other technic parts used for the Bat-pod.  There are a lot of unique parts left over but I have no idea if there is demand for them and I don't have a Bricklink store.  

Yeah, I don't know. I threw them in my Bricklink store. Maybe someday someone will buy them.