5004590 - Bat-Pod (Limited Edition Batman Bat-Pod Competition June 2015)

jaisonline

I got a little queasy when he opened the box. I wanted to tell him, don't do it! That's a grand you're holding in your hands!

When I first got word I won it, I was nervous myself about whether I should open it or not.  After I thought about it, honestly the box, and instructions are going to make the set worth its money.  I truly believe with this set, that even opened, having the box and instructions, it's still going to be worth a crap ton of money once all the initial dust settles.  It will obviously be less than a sealed one, but it won't such a stark price difference unlike other sets either, just because of the sheer rarity of the set.

And besides, IMO, this set deserves to be opened and displayed next the to the Tumbler!!!!

• Like 3

Tires are back in stock at LEGO Shop at Home, under bricks and pieces.

also 44027 is instock at TRU still, was able to find them instore for $13, but they are online for $15.  If you are serious about building this and not paying for a full set buy 2 of these.  they have 3x 4623002 which is not on any current sets (was a hero factory part that may not be used again), and a key part of the bat pod.  plus some other tech parts of the set.

Edited by jay4e

When I first got word I won it, I was nervous myself about whether I should open it or not.  After I thought about it, honestly the box, and instructions are going to make the set worth its money.  I truly believe with this set, that even opened, having the box and instructions, it's still going to be worth a crap ton of money once all the initial dust settles.  It will obviously be less than a sealed one, but it won't such a stark price difference unlike other sets either, just because of the sheer rarity of the set.

And besides, IMO, this set deserves to be opened and displayed next the to the Tumbler!!!!

agree 100%.  this set's box and instructions kinda reminds of like Marina Sands w/o the exclusive printed plate.  they will be in-demand.

Ok, I've got the tires on order (hopefully they actually ship) from bricks and pieces and the HF parts are coming in the 44027 sets I ordered last week.  Now to go through my parts bin and see which pieces from the build I already have on hand.  Can anyone help with the rims for this set?  I think they come in gray in the official set but should be black to match the Tumbler.  What part am I looking for here? 

Ok, I've got the tires on order (hopefully they actually ship) from bricks and pieces and the HF parts are coming in the 44027 sets I ordered last week.  Now to go through my parts bin and see which pieces from the build I already have on hand.  Can anyone help with the rims for this set?  I think they come in gray in the official set but should be black to match the Tumbler.  What part am I looking for here? 

I actually bought both versions, but here is the gray variety #4634091. Actually, this is the part # and you have to select the med gray version.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

The Hero Factory sets with 3 of the pieces each are still available on amazon.ca for any Canadians interested.

I expected them to be OOS an Amazon by now.. so i spent the last 30 mins scouring obscure sites before checking here haha...

Edit: Link redirects to US Amazon for whatever reason, removed link. Just search the sets at Amazon.ca. Still a couple left at MSRP.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

I think that ordering a large quantity of a part only found in one mass produced set that is going for $40 plus each on Bricklink would be a little suspicious. This, in combination with your other purchase history could lead to ban hammer. I am speculating and don't know of anyone banned only for buying bricks and pieces.

The Hero Factory sets with 3 of the pieces each are still available on amazon.ca for any Canadians interested.

I expected them to be OOS an Amazon by now.. so i spent the last 30 mins scouring obscure sites before checking here haha...

Edit: Link redirects to US Amazon for whatever reason, removed link. Just search the sets at Amazon.ca. Still a couple left at MSRP.

53 of them currently.

Part 4623002, shown at the very end of Page 1 in the above document, refers to this part, which is the same part that exciter1 mentioned here.

According to the manual, the part is not Black but Dark Pearl Gray.

You'll also notice that the part is listed in a different section than the Black parts are listed.  It's sitting by itself.  The Dark Gray end with the item prior to it.

Edited by Alpinemaps

This is the XML code to add them into Bricklink Wanted List.

Instead you added 1 by 1, this code can help you add all the parts into your wanted list.

Please change the 706825 in the file to the wanted list ID in your wanted list.

http://www.bricklink.com/wantedXML.asp

bat pod.txt

Anyone have any luck with this?  I've tried, but it keeps throwing errors.  I'm impatient and don't want to wait for the inventory to be approved by Bricklink.

Anyone have any luck with this?  I've tried, but it keeps throwing errors.  I'm impatient and don't want to wait for the inventory to be approved by Bricklink.

there is someone else's bricklink wish list ID in the file - you need to either delete the number 706825 from each line which will add them all to your main wanted list or create a new bricklink want list ID and copy and paste that number in to replace 706825 with your new ID #.  Also I remember from a previous post that that file had qty to order 2 bat pod sets but not sure if that has been fixed...

Edited by runormal