5004590 - Bat-Pod (Limited Edition Batman Bat-Pod Competition June 2015)

jaisonline

there is someone else's bricklink wish list ID in the file - you need to either delete them all which will add them all to your main wanted list or create a new bricklink want list and copy and paste that number in to replace.  I will see if I can take a screen shot of it....

No, don't worry about it.  Now that you've mentioned it, and I've reread the post, I know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!

Edit to add:  That worked, now I just have to cut the numbers in half to make the Want List for just one (not two).

Edited by Alpinemaps

Part 4623002, shown at the very end of Page 1 in the above document, refers to this part, which is the same part that exciter1 mentioned here.

According to the manual, the part is not Black but Dark Pearl Gray.

You'll also notice that the part is listed in a different section than the Black parts are listed.  It's sitting by itself.  The Dark Gray end with the item prior to it.

Yes, it does not seem to be black.  I was going by bricklink and brickset parts list which I guess is wrong.

My tires shipped!  Who's gonna be first to get their "fake" Bat Pod built?  Not me probably. I still have to order the other parts except for the HTF Hero Factory piece. I should get those this week. 

I received several parts yesterday.  I already had the tires.  Now I need to add the remaining stuff to my Bricklink wanted list, or search my inventory first.  I  need to place a couple more Bricklink orders for other projects anyway.

Mine are still back-ordered even though i ordered pretty early on in their availability the other day, bleh!

Got the rest of the parts (minus a few color variations) on the way, so except for the tires i'll be able to start building soon :)

Looks like last in first out applies to Bricks and Pieces as well since I ordered right before they went out of stock! 

• Like 1

Here's the updated Bricklink XML for the Bat-Pod part list.  I modified the one posted earlier and decreased the counts needed to build one Bat-Pod.  The original file had enough parts for two.  Someone might want to go through and help me verify the numbers.  I'm trying to do that now.  I also removed the Wanted List ID from the XML, so it should work for anyone.

batpod_bl_list.txt

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

Here's the updated Bricklink XML for the Bat-Pod part list.  I modified the one posted earlier and decreased the counts needed to build one Bat-Pod.  The original file had enough parts for two.  Someone might want to go through and help me verify the numbers.  I'm trying to do that now.  I also removed the Wanted List ID from the XML, so it should work for anyone.

batpod_bl_list.txt

Was the only change the piece count halved?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread that has shared parts lists, recommendations for finding hard to find parts, etc.  I was a winner of the set and decided to eBay mine but still buy the parts to build it, and this thread has made it so much easier.  Kudos to you all!

Edited by mjence
  • Like 1

I am no expert with bricklink so how do you upload it into a bricklink wanted list now?  With the prior list I just used notepad to replace ID with my ID and I was done (except for double the amount).

Well, I had no idea what my ID was or how to find it, so I just took that section out.

You can just copy and paste the contents of the .txt file here.

http://www.bricklink.com/wantedXML.asp

• Like 1

Well, I had no idea what my ID was or how to find it, so I just took that section out.

You can just copy and paste the contents of the .txt file here.

http://www.bricklink.com/wantedXML.asp

When you create a wanted list it generates an ID number which you can see on My Wanted Lists.  When you just import them without it, it just plops them into Main, hence why I was asking if there was a way to import into a specific list instead of just main.

If people don't use wanted lists often then this shouldn't really be an issue.  I just like naming my lists which is important if you use brick efficiency when ordering.

For folks who want to import the batpod into bricklink into a specific wanted list:  go to your Wanted List page and in the lower right you will see Add New Wanted List - create one for your Bat Pod.  Once you do this it will create a new wanted list for you with a unique ID number (see number to the left).  Once you have that number you can go into the wanted list upload text and insert that number between the > < symbols.  The photos have different numbers but will show you the correct placement.  If you leave wanted list ID blank like this >< it will import into your main wanted list instead. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by runormal

For folks who want to import the batpod into bricklink into a specific wanted list:  go to your Wanted List page and in the lower right you will see Add New Wanted List - create one for your Bat Pod.  Once you do this it will create a new wanted list for you with a unique ID number (see number to the left).  Once you have that number you can go into the wanted list upload text and insert that number between the > < symbols.  The photos have different numbers but will show you the correct placement.  If you leave wanted list ID blank like this >< it will import into your main wanted list instead. 

Thanks, I learned something.

Got the parts that may go obsolete so it's a someday build on the list.  On another note I was talking with a SAH rep yesterday and I was kiddingly  asking if they would check and see if I was a winner of the bat pod because i entered so many times.  They said they could do that for me.   I got a call from them saying today yes, I was a winner but i didnt respond.  I told them I didn't receive any email or phone call and I also checked my spam.  They said they were sorry, since there was no response they forwarded to the next person.  Nice fella though.  I thought I'd just put myself out there as the laughing stock.  I figured they would at least call.  Maybe they did..i sometimes don't answer when caller ID doesn't come up.  Anyway... ill put one together someday just no box or instructions.  On another front got my credit card hacked today, so won't be able to buy only thru paypal channels for a week ... ugh!!!