Congrats on the new forum update & status...

It

Holy smokes....looks like Brickpicker again...  Nice work gentlemen

​It's getting there.  Just a little patience with a few sections like the Brickfolio.  Lots of queries to update there as well as the actual login mechanism that will allow you to get to your Brickfolio

• Like 2

It

​It's getting there.  Just a little patience with a few sections like the Brickfolio.  Lots of queries to update there as well as the actual login mechanism that will allow you to get to your Brickfolio

​No rush for me.  Take your time.  I really appreciate all the work you guys do.  

...stop talking to us and get to work :)  

Thanks for all the hard work. I manage a corporate website and though I am not the technical side of it I really appreciate the long hours and hard work you've put into this. I've seen it before and am grateful.

​I made something similar to BP for a a different subject and I said eff that!  (Never got anywhere near the size BP is) So yes...our statements are basically...under statements...

Edited by pickleboy

Just a great job all around getting the new forum up and running.  I totally appreciate what a pain it is to go to an entirely new version/platform.  Well done, and I see that you're getting a bit of the look of the old forum back as well.  

"Badges?!? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Once again, fantastic work Jeff and Ed. Having observed 3 different forum templates and 2 updates, I'm extremely grateful for the time and energy you both invest in this site. I'm sure the small kinks will be ironed out, but for now, everything looks good! Looking forward to everything you have in store for us!

Looks great - thanks a lot. I do appreciate the effort that goes into maintaining such a system, and upgrading is a (painful) part of that.

Maybe one suggestion: swap on the right side "latest topics" with "latest posts" - but that is more a personal issue: I find latest topics more useful and would like them closer to the top, so I don't have to scroll down.

Actually, after looking closer at it, it is nice as it is. It confused me a bit that the excerpt from the post is so large for each that it takes up a lot of space (and so one even has to scroll to see the last of the "new topics" - but otherwise it is as I like it already now. I don't consider my screen resolution low and my font size is tiny. Does anybody see all of the recent topics in the right menu on http://community.brickpicker.com/ without scrolling - just wondering. Maybe it is just me after all.

(btw: somehow quoting totally screwed up just now)

​Honestly, I just logged into the new admin for the first time.  I have had about 3 minutes with it so far today.  My job is killing me.

​Ha, I know time is always limited, especially when one tries to accomplish so much!

Thanks again, Jeff, for doing all these! When you see so many people find themselves lost without BP site up one day, you know doing this is rewarding! :D

BTW, is there a way to make the subject title of the new replies the same so they don't look like flooding in inbox? Or is it a preferable way that people wants to know who replied to the thread? Just curious, thanks!

Edited by cissi

​Wow. That is a lot of processes to update and run. Good golly.

​Well that rebuilding posts progress was basically at 12% yesterday.  Right now it has at 67%. So maybe early tomorrow morning it will finish?  I am pretty sure this is a large reason why the site is not very snappy.  I will wait to see what happens once that is done and it had a chance to rebuild its indexes.

Hehe this reminds me of some of my acquaintances who always requested capacity from the university's supercomputer for their 'research project'. In reality they were rendering videos and doing commercial stuff that took time on normal machines. I wonder why nobody ever checked what the resources were used for. Supervision only became tighter last year when some students began to mine bitcoin...

• Like 1

​Well that rebuilding posts progress was basically at 12% yesterday.  Right now it has at 67%. So maybe early tomorrow morning it will finish?  I am pretty sure this is a large reason why the site is not very snappy.  I will wait to see what happens once that is done and it had a chance to rebuild its indexes.

​The site seems to have converted over fine so far from what I can see. I am happy to see all the thread polls made the transition okay and look good too. I remember going through with redoing them all over before from the 2.0 upgrade. :wacko: Anyway, I can wait a week for the rebuild if that is what it takes for the process to go perfect.

Whilst logged in on the old mobile version the site would remember where you last left the thread and put you back there when you reopened it.  

Currently not doing that for me. I have to select the last page and manually find the new posts. 

Mobile site looks great though.

​The website is doing the same for me. I have to find the last post that I read manually and start from there. Will this issue be fixed in the future?

If anyone has a moment, can you please logout, then back in again and then check to see if you can view your brickfolio.  Again, you will most likely need to logout first to see if this works.

​I can view the Brickfolio after logging out and logging  back in. Seems to be working on my end.

Edited by MartinP

Guest brickcrazyhouse

If anyone has a moment, can you please logout, then back in again and then check to see if you can view your brickfolio.  Again, you will most likely need to logout first to see if this works.

​works for me too

Noticed on ipad, despite checking remember me box have to log in frequently and it is not remembering me

also noting a lot more crashes on ipad safari browser then I recall on the old board

i select a thread it loads and then before I can post or even scroll it crashes

Edited by Elkkthunder