10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Not sure it's in this thread or maybe Star Wars 2015 thread (?) but this has been discussed ad nauseam...This is one of the rumors I believe...I expect it to be similar to Death Star II...

I was looking for it too.... Until we see something officially leaked or set #s or something, this is still rumor territory to me. However, there appear to be enough rumors swirling from multiple sources to suggest something Death Star related is in the works. But calling it a "remake" right now is a bit premature.

• Like 1

I was looking for it too.... Until we see something officially leaked or set #s or something, this is still rumor territory to me. However, there appear to be enough rumors swirling from multiple sources to suggest something Death Star related is in the works. But calling it a "remake" right now is a bit premature.

I agree. Lego can be pretty fierce sometimes. But I cannot imagine they will produce an exact clone of 10188. 

I agree. Lego can be pretty fierce sometimes. But I cannot imagine they will produce an exact clone of 10188. 

Whatever does happen with getting a new DS which one is coming in 2016, This should not stop you from getting the 10188, Mark my word there will be chaos when this one is retiring which should be in 6 months or so, all its been out for 7 years and I didn't get any or maybe a few, like alot of guys on here say its a dud, to many people have them, etc. Just like some said it would take 3 years for the SSD to reach $700 and for other Exclusives to go up in price and missed a few good great money makers, Do you think I would have 56 of them if I thought it would not be a huge money maker, I have had 95% of all Exclusives and they all done great to huge money makers. So don't miss out on this set, It will be another set that you regret day after day like alot of you do for not loading up on the SSD,HH,TH,GE,AA, etc.  Ed

• Like 6

This is an intriguing rumor for me.  Of all the older UCS sets that could use a refresh, this is an odd one for me.  I'm still hoping to one day see a ISD remake.  That one is really showing it's age.  I wouldn't be opposed to another DS, but I hope it's not a playset and it is still the $400 mark.  Anything less, would be a bit of a disappoint, especially since I was a couple of years late on the DSII.

Which reminds me, if it is a display model, do you think it would be just the normal DS in it's full glory? Or a DSII type or refresh?

Guest TabbyBoy

I simply hate the set and don't want to risk being stuck with 10 or 100 of them hence, I'm not buying even if discounted.

I simply hate the set and don't want to risk being stuck with 10 or 100 of them hence, I'm not buying even if discounted.

1) Have you ever built one?

2) Are you a SW fan?

Just curious as i've never met anyone that answered yes to both of these and felt the same. To me, the build of this set was a wonderful surprise and thoroughly enjoyable. It's not advanced by any means, but it's very thoughtful. Really took me back to parts of the movie i hadn't even thought about in years.

1) Have you ever built one?

2) Are you a SW fan?

Just curious as i've never met anyone that answered yes to both of these and felt the same. To me, the build of this set was a wonderful surprise and thoroughly enjoyable. It's not advanced by any means, but it's very thoughtful. Really took me back to parts of the movie i hadn't even thought about in years.

1) I have built one

2) I am a Star Wars Nut

I absolutely love the set.  I have acquired a bunch for long term hold.

Of course I like Jar Jar too. :)

• Like 2