INVESTorSELL.com...NEW Website For Resellers and Collectors!!!

Ed Mack

not sure how i feel about the url domain name investorsell..Got to respect the amount of work and changes in the past few months with the classifieds stock tracker and now this starting to look like a Brickpicker Empire Congrats..We started investing in the stock market in the past 4 months after 4 years of Lego Investing..it would be nice to have a section for traditional stock market discussion tips etc...Maybe?

I would also recommend having a mega thread over there like the daily deals thread where posts are consolidated without needing to search several topics threads and maybe have a link to this thread on brickpicker front page so it will be easier to navigate back and forth...Maybe recent Inverstorsell posts link on BP....

Some of you have questioned the domain name and let me explain that at this particular juncture, many "reseller" names are taken.  We had to come up with something that was available, short, catchy and would help with Google search engines.  But I thought I would put a definition of the word "invest" below to help clarify what this site is about.  We didn't want to have a 10 word domain name, but wanted to promote the fact that the site is about "investing" in products to "sell or resell."  

in

Are ''grey area'' tactics alowed to be discussed their? Why does their need to be mods? Every reason for keeping ammo and such off of brickpicker as well as no shenanigans is completely understandable and to be respected. If the idea is to create another website for everything not lego and it's completly lax aside from Committing Crimes and just stupid stuff I'm down. Just hide the stuff from Appearing on Google searches if that's the hangup. If it's going to be moderated and changed so much from how things were back in the day so to speak, it sounds same old same old.

I love brickpicker and Will stay here to talk about lego and for the awsome people I've met along the way. I've been on here for almost 4 years. The past month things have just really been differnt. Not fun if you will. I feel, and I'll speak for about 30 others, that everything is scrutinized and I as well as others feel it's an us vs them mindset these days. All of us are just generally trying to help each other.

I came from the lego, I stayed for the community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Let's just try to be careful with "grey" areas right now. We are willing to give you some latitude, but let's get some conversations going so Jeff and I can see what will be needed in the way of moderation and oversight. This is a work in progress and we believe this site can help many of you expand your reselling empires. Jeff said there are some real cool options with this softaware such a "classifieds" section, so give us some time to implement things if the interest is there.

Yet another home run from The Pantheon. Excellent idea.

Jeff & Ed...

Would you guys consider a donate to BrickPicker option for the members? There's many of us who understand the tremendous time/effort/energy/capital expenses related to what you & the moderators do for the rest of us in providing this forum.  

I would, with a huge smile on my face, donate to a BrickPicker "Fund", knowing full-well the enormous resources this site must cost to manage and operate and doing something modest out of gratitude and appreciation. The platform built here, and the knowledge acquired, have made me very real money in a very short amount of time. Show me another investment vehicle that provides this sort of data as a courtesy.

It would be a privilege to contribute somehow out of gratitude and appreciation. I've made a stack of money, made new friends, and had a blast doing so thanks to the efforts of you folks.

I hope that others agree. I believe I speak for many of us on the forum.

• Like 1

maybe i'm an outlier, but I liked having everything on one thread cause it was easier to find everything and just weeded out what I wanted. Now I have to search every thread and hope I stumble upon something.

Are you speaking of NON-LEGO topics on this site or do you only want one topic on the INVESTorSELL site?

maybe i'm an outlier, but I liked having everything on one thread cause it was easier to find everything and just weeded out what I wanted. Now I have to search every thread and hope I stumble upon something.

Try using the Latest Activity feature on the home page.  You can filter it a little bit as well, but that will show you the recent posts all in one place.  Its like having one big thread.

Yet another home run from The Pantheon. Excellent idea.

Jeff & Ed...

Would you guys consider a donate to BrickPicker option for the members? There's many of us who understand the tremendous time/effort/energy/capital expenses related to what you & the moderators do for the rest of us in providing this forum.  

I would, with a huge smile on my face, donate to a BrickPicker "Fund", knowing full-well the enormous resources this site must cost to manage and operate and doing something modest out of gratitude and appreciation. The platform built here, and the knowledge acquired, have made me very real money in a very short amount of time. Show me another investment vehicle that provides this sort of data as a courtesy.

It would be a privilege to contribute somehow out of gratitude and appreciation. I've made a stack of money, made new friends, and had a blast doing so thanks to the efforts of you folks.

I hope that others agree. I believe I speak for many of us on the forum.

I don't think a donation fund would be appropriate (this isn't a charity) - Now if you want to sell a portion of the business, I might be interested.

• Like 1

I don't think a donation fund would be appropriate (this isn't a charity) - Now if you want to sell a portion of the business, I might be interested.

I'm personally not asking for a donation button, but if anyone is willing to give his/her own money to a business I don't see a problem with it.

• Like 1

I would have been ok with the thread carried on, cause a lot of had covrrsations going for a while split up into a bunch of threads

Meaning the 1 brickpicker thread moving over unchanged

New good threads will form.  I was not going to spend days trying to figure out how to carry over hundreds of pages and match it up with users, etc.   New conversations will start.  It will be fine.

New good threads will form.  I was not going to spend days trying to figure out how to carry over hundreds of pages and match it up with users, etc.   New conversations will start.  It will be fine.

True...Hopefully once people realize we are NOT banishing them to the INVESTorSELL.com site, but in fact encouraging the NON-LEGO discussions, more members will migrate over and share new deals and ideas.

I think die cast cars also if possible guys.corgi,Disney etc

good luck with it.Im always looking to buy die cast.

We do have forums setup already for these topics, so feel free to post about those topics there.

For those of you that would like to use the other site for things outside of LEGO, I am soliciting feedback in a thread there for websites and products that should be looked for.  I am trying to figure out what tools need to be built to populate the deals thread there.  If you would to help build a list, please post your suggestions over in this thread.

http://www.investorsell.com/forum/site-information-and-updates/201-what-resources-are-important-to-look-at-to-gather-information

As per a conversation in the NON-LEGO Discussion thread, Jeff and I would appreciate that people interested discussing NON-LEGO reselling topics and products consider registering for the INVESTorSELL.com site.  Jeff is starting to promote it and we would like to gauge overall interest in the site.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not sure how i feel about the url domain name investorsell..Got to respect the amount of work and changes in the past few months with the classifieds stock tracker and now this starting to look like a Brickpicker Empire Congrats..We started investing in the stock market in the past 4 months after 4 years of Lego Investing..it would be nice to have a section for traditional stock market discussion tips etc...Maybe?

I would also recommend having a mega thread over there like the daily deals thread where posts are consolidated without needing to search several topics threads and maybe have a link to this thread on brickpicker front page so it will be easier to navigate back and forth...Maybe recent Inverstorsell posts link on BP....

I might be in the minority, but I thought having the 1 thread for other products you buy and sell worked well.  It was one thread that kept everyone on topic, people minded their own and it was pretty popular.  Having the new website, going through it and hunting for what you want doesn't seem as productive ( spend way to much time searching through topics) and I find myself checking it maybe once a week if i'm lucky vs here I visit 10 times a day even thought I spend my time on both, due to convenience and enjoyment factor.  There's only 150 people that signed up, and on any given time there's 150 people on here. (give I get that this has been around longer).  I feel there might have been a solution created when there wasn't really a problem.  Any chance you can unlock the thread here and let us keep going about our business that way?

• Like 6

I might be in the minority, but I thought having the 1 thread for other products you buy and sell worked well.  It was one thread that kept everyone on topic, people minded their own and it was pretty popular.  Having the new website, going through it and hunting for what you want doesn't seem as productive ( spend way to much time searching through topics) and I find myself checking it maybe once a week if i'm lucky vs here I visit 10 times a day even thought I spend my time on both, due to convenience and enjoyment factor.  There's only 150 people that signed up, and on any given time there's 150 people on here. (give I get that this has been around longer).  I feel there might have been a solution created when there wasn't really a problem.  Any chance you can unlock the thread here and let us keep going about our business that way?

​There have been two situations over the past year or so in which these Non-LEGO threads have morphed into undesirable situations between members and Mods.  "The Other Toys" thread was originally fine, but then other Non-LEGO investing threads started going into areas not appropriate for a LEGO site.  Jeff and I like the extra activity from those threads, but not the hassles.  

The InvestorSell site was created for these discussions.  There is very little moderation (basically zero) and topics can basically range into almost anything...as long as it's legal.  Unfortunately, neither Jeff nor I have any interest in these Non-LEGO discussions, so we cannot offer anything of value, but that doesn't stop others from sharing information.  If people made even a little effort, it might work well and be what everybody wants it to be.  Jeff and I don't mind supporting the site if people actually care and post once in awhile, but these Non-LEGO threads will not be coming back here anytime soon.  

• Like 2