INVESTorSELL.com...NEW Website For Resellers and Collectors!!!

Ed Mack

I might be in the minority, but I thought having the 1 thread for other products you buy and sell worked well.  It was one thread that kept everyone on topic, people minded their own and it was pretty popular.  Having the new website, going through it and hunting for what you want doesn't seem as productive ( spend way to much time searching through topics) and I find myself checking it maybe once a week if i'm lucky vs here I visit 10 times a day even thought I spend my time on both, due to convenience and enjoyment factor.  There's only 150 people that signed up, and on any given time there's 150 people on here. (give I get that this has been around longer).  I feel there might have been a solution created when there wasn't really a problem.  Any chance you can unlock the thread here and let us keep going about our business that way?

​I think the ship has sailed for the Non-LEGO thread, along with the frequent visitors of the thread itself.  They have other methods to share information now and choose not to use the InvestOrSell.com.  If any BP members who want to participate and share in these discussions, please use the new site.  Other new and old members will follow, but the discussions need to start somewhere.

​I think the ship has sailed for the Non-LEGO thread, along with the frequent visitors of the thread itself.  They have other methods to share information now and choose not to use the InvestOrSell.com.  If any BP members who want to participate and share in these discussions, please use the new site.  Other new and old members will follow, but the discussions need to start somewhere.

​I want to put things in perspective for members.  The activity on the main Non-LEGO thread that started all the issues accounted for less than 1% of site activity for any given day.  Some people think the thread was this juggernaut, but it wasn't.  It was used by some very vocal members who gave it the impression it was busy.  Did it have some usefulness?  Sure, but it is my belief that the majority of members on this site cared very little about cosmetics or ammo.  If we unlocked it, in another year, history would repeat itself once again and the thread would become a nuisance.  

You keep bringing this up about the makeup / cosmetics and how people thought this board was a juggernaut.   Don't think anyone ever said that.  Once you made it clear you didn't want it on there that was all it took.  Only 2 makeup deal posts were ever made.  Cinderella got by just fine with no hoopla and a lot of happy people seeing it doubled instantly.  The next one was what caused the issues apparently.  Not a big deal.  Don't think you ever heard any backlash from myself after it,  yet you've mentioned on more than one occasion about cosmetics / makeup over 3 months later.  I made one or 2 posts about the whole way it was handled.  That's it.   Investorsell came days after all that blew up so to speak and obviously at that point most didn't feel like participating in that with the way some things played out.  Everybody has moved on and most get this is a LEGO only website.  You asked us to move on and it would be nice if the same happened on your side.  Seeing I'm the only one who ever posted the cosmetic deals it gets a little old.  Not sure what the point of it is.  

• Like 5

You keep bringing this up about the makeup / cosmetics and how people thought this board was a juggernaut.   Don't think anyone ever said that.  Once you made it clear you didn't want it on there that was all it took.  Only 2 makeup deal posts were ever made.  Cinderella got by just fine with no hoopla and a lot of happy people seeing it doubled instantly.  The next one was what caused the issues apparently.  Not a big deal.  Don't think you ever heard any backlash from myself after it,  yet you've mentioned on more than one occasion about cosmetics / makeup over 3 months later.  I made one or 2 posts about the whole way it was handled.  That's it.   Investorsell came days after all that blew up so to speak and obviously at that point most didn't feel like participating in that with the way some things played out.  Everybody has moved on and most get this is a LEGO only website.  You asked us to move on and it would be nice if the same happened on your side.  Seeing I'm the only one who ever posted the cosmetic deals it gets a little old.  Not sure what the point of it is.  

​You didn't start the cosmetic deals, someone else did (the Mac stuff).  At least from what I recall. Ed was just answering rcdb1984's question and he never eluded to the cosmetic deals being associated with you.  I think it was the pics and the jokes that sent the thread over the edge and therefore looked really really bad, since you never new what search engines would pick-up and what would be associated with it.  Joking about make-up is just a light-hearted thing and it's apparently been blown way out of proportion.

I can't speak for Ed, but I don't think he is pointing at you about cosmetics. There was cosmetic talk on the site long before your mentioning of it. 

• Like 1

​You didn't start the cosmetic deals, someone else did (the Mac stuff).  At least from what I recall. Ed was just answering rcdb1984's question and he never eluded to the cosmetic deals being associated with you.  I think it was the pics and the jokes that sent the thread over the edge and therefore looked really really bad, since you never new what search engines would pick-up and what would be associated with it.  Joking about make-up is just a light-hearted thing and it's apparently been blown way out of proportion.

​Wasn't that thread in members-only area? What search engines?

• Like 2

I don't think you're in the minority. I feel both the "other products" thread and the old way the "brick trader" page was set up were better and easier to use.

​Even if I said yes to this, I can't. It doesn't work on this forum and it will be months if not a year, if ever it will return.  Have any of you even tried to do anything on Brick Classifieds with the Trades or Want Ads.  This is the place to do business.  You may be missing out on opportunities.  If you don't even know how it works or the notifications that go out to everyone, how do you even know if was better or easier to use.  If you set your business up on there, you have no idea what will happen or what it could do for you.  What did the Trader thing do here. It told people what you were looking for or what you want to trade.  That is exactly what goes on over at Brick Classifieds.  If there is something you don't like, give me feedback and we will enhance it.  I am not going to create another feature here that already exists over there.  Some vendors have been doing very well over there.

​Thank you Exciter and Mos Eisley.  I was simply answering a question and made zero references to anyone.  I really don't give a crap who spoke about cosmetics or beef jerky or ammo or whatever.  It was just the final straw for that thread.  I erased all the nonsense that day about the lipstick, mass murderers and such and held no grudges against anyone, nor do I remember who was even a participant.  Now everyone knows you were the reason why that thread was locked...:lolu:

​Thank you Exciter and Mos Eisley.  I was simply answering a question and made zero references to anyone.  I really don't give a crap who spoke about cosmetics or beef jerky or ammo or whatever.  It was just the final straw for that thread.  I erased all the nonsense that day about the lipstick, mass murderers and such and held no grudges against anyone, nor do I remember who was even a participant.  Now everyone knows you were the reason why that thread was locked...:lolu:

​No, raven is innocent.  I am the one with a predilection for serial killers....

• Like 2

I am just throwing the question out there.  If I opened the opportunity for a groups module to start your non-lego talk group.  Can I contact any of you to be the responsible member(s) for that group. People who will be working the membership of the group, stuff like that.  LEGO talk would be open to the public, so it would need to remain non-lego stuff.  If anyone is interested in being the president and ministry of the group, then I can open a dialog with you.

Edited by Jeff Mack

​No, raven is innocent.  I am the one with a predilection for serial killers....

Thank you for your honesty.  ​I know.  I didn't want to post names, nor is it really important.    It was just the icing on the cake, that is all.  That thread was becoming quite troublesome and is still a pain in my dupa.  Jeff might have a solution.  There is a new "Groups" module for the new forum which allows for private discussions among members and was designed for gaming clans.  This way you can remain on the site, yet still have discussions about lipsticked mass murderers in private.  If people are interested in this, we will buy the module, but some people need to step up and show an interest.  

We want to give people an opportunity to discuss this stuff, that is why the InvestorSell site was created.  Here is another opportunity to keep your discussions on site and out of the sight of members who don't care about such things.  It could be a win-win, but once again, members have to show that they are willing to participate.  

I am just throwing the question out there.  If I opened the opportunity for a groups module to start your non-lego talk group.  Can I contact any of you to be the responsible member(s) for that group. People who will be working the membership of the group, stuff like that.  LEGO talk would be open to the public, so it would need to remain non-lego stuff.  If anyone is interested in being the president and ministry of the group, then I can open a dialog with you.

​When you say working the membership, do you mean accepting/collecting payments from members? This isn't going to be free for members that want to participate, is it?

I would participate in the group regardless.

I think it was a spot for people with common lego interests to also voice other things that they found promise in.  All the stuff stayed in one thread. I can see how some stuff got out of hand. I guess if someone thats on it frequently wanted to moderate just that thread, keep it clean or whatnot I think it could be a positive (not it).  It was just a lot more convenient to have the thread here. 

Edited by rcdb1984
  • Like 1

I do miss the old thread, warts and all, and understand why it had to be shut down.  That being said, this Groups concept sounds intriguing if it would allow a single source for voicing and sharing non-Lego investing ideas.  That's all I'm really looking for.

I think it was a spot for people with common lego interests to also voice other things that they found promise in.  All the stuff stayed in one thread. I can see how some stuff got out of hand. I guess if someone thats on it frequently wants to moderate just that thread, I think it can be a positive (not it).  It was just a lot more convenient to have the thread here. 

​This is what I was just discussing.  This new Groups module will give people the ability to stay logged onto the site, yet have a private forum for discussing these Non-LEGO topics.  It won't be accessible to non-invited members so it won't affect Google searches or other members.

​When you say working the membership, do you mean accepting/collecting payments from members? This isn't going to be free for members that want to participate, is it?

I would participate in the group regardless.

​It is free.  Each group would need a leader or person who would invite other members/be in charge.  Simple.

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 1

I do miss the old thread, warts and all, and understand why it had to be shut down.  That being said, this Groups concept sounds intriguing if it would allow a single source for voicing and sharing non-Lego investing ideas.  That's all I'm really looking for.

​Anyone who is interested, contact Jeff or I.  This is your chance to get this Non-LEGO discussion back...on this site and in a way not to disturb other site activities.  All we need are some people willing to take a leadership position.