INVESTorSELL.com...NEW Website For Resellers and Collectors!!!

Ed Mack

Are ''grey area'' tactics alowed to be discussed their? Why does their need to be mods? Every reason for keeping ammo and such off of brickpicker as well as no shenanigans is completely understandable and to be respected. If the idea is to create another website for everything not lego and it's completly lax aside from Committing Crimes and just stupid stuff I'm down. Just hide the stuff from Appearing on Google searches if that's the hangup. If it's going to be moderated and changed so much from how things were back in the day so to speak, it sounds same old same old.

I love brickpicker and Will stay here to talk about lego and for the awsome people I've met along the way. I've been on here for almost 4 years. The past month things have just really been differnt. Not fun if you will. I feel, and I'll speak for about 30 others, that everything is scrutinized and I as well as others feel it's an us vs them mindset these days. All of us are just generally trying to help each other.

I came from the lego, I stayed for the community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 3

Are ''grey area'' tactics alowed to be discussed their? Why does their need to be mods? Every reason for keeping ammo and such off of brickpicker as well as no shenanigans is completely understandable and to be respected. If the idea is to create another website for everything not lego and it's completly lax aside from Committing Crimes and just stupid stuff I'm down. Just hide the stuff from Appearing on Google searches if that's the hangup. If it's going to be moderated and changed so much from how things were back in the day so to speak, it sounds same old same old.

I love brickpicker and Will stay here to talk about lego and for the awsome people I've met along the way. I've been on here for almost 4 years. The past month things have really been differnt.

Things will be different, but it still needs to be mature and have boundaries.  Any type of illegal/scam stuff will not be permitted.  Moderation is needed everywhere, so it will not be the wild west.  As you stated, this site here is about LEGO and LEGO really cares a ton about their image.  All I can say is, use your head when posting and there won't be an issue.  Common sense is everyone's friend :)  If you have to think about whether the post may be bad, then it probably is!!

• Like 1

I love brickpicker and Will stay here to talk about lego and for the awsome people I've met along the way. I've been on here for almost 4 years. The past month things have just really been differnt. Not fun if you will. I feel, and I'll speak for about 30 others, that everything is scrutinized and I as well as others feel it's an us vs them mindset these days. All of us are just generally trying to help each other.

I came from the lego, I stayed for the community.

No worries man. I'll take care of your content over there plus your 30 large crew.
  • Like 1

No worries man. I'll take care of your content over there plus your 30 large crew.

The irony is that I and '' my 30 large crew '' I'd go out on a limb and say contribute the most both in input and affiliate dollars to bper.

Take note of who has stopped posting here lately..... All of us appreciate bper and the macks for creating a wonderful site. Things were fine till the last month.

The double irony is that not a single one of us have any issue with the macks, the rules, or any MOD, except you.

Im not looking to get I to a back and forth. I'm just saying when 30, and that's an exaggeration of about 1 have an issue with one single person so much so that they jump ship, maybe look in the mirror. Or be like exciter, bold or any of the other more fair mods who don't seem to have an issue with everything and anything.

That's all. Have a good night. Nice carousel BTW.

• Like 5

I just see that the other site has a LEGO category in their forums. While I understand why, I seriously hope that it doesn't draw people "over there". It would be a pain splitting discussions onto two sites. I don't want to "monitor" two sites, and I cannot imagine anybody would (like that). Given that the site owners are the same, it would make a lot of sense to keep discussion on (any) topic to just one of the two sites. I do have a preference as to which site that should be (BP), but any single site would be better than two.

Edited by 10230

I just see that the other site has a LEGO category in their forums. While I understand why, I seriously hope that it doesn't draw people "over there". It would be a pain splitting discussions onto two sites. I don't want to "monitor" two sites, and I cannot imagine anybody would (like that). Given that the site owners are the same, it would make a lot of sense to keep discussion on (any) topic to just one of the two sites. I do have a preference as to which site that should be (BP), but any single site would be better than two.

Thought long and hard about it, and that is why there is a special message at the top of that forum telling people about Brickpicker.  I would naive not to include LEGO there in the toy section for visitors that come across that site first for some reason.  Brickpicker will always be the #1 destination for LEGO, but I can't really omit it.  Maybe I will shut off all posting privileges there, gives us a little bit to see where things go.

FYI, the registration CAPTCHA was pretty brutal.  Took me about 30 attempts to get the correct code.  And audio option for this is always appreciated.  Would hate to see you lose prospective sign ups over this kind of issue.

Ok i just changed it.  And it includes an audio option as well.

• Like 1

I don't see an email from the site. Maybe was thrown in the junk email box.

I can't seem to post either.

I updated your account, you should be able to get in now...

Can't register due to CAPTCHA...even on easy numbers says I put the wrong string

Did you try the audio option to make sure you are entering the right string?  Reload the page and try again?  I selected the Google recaptcha module on this forum which is a pretty popular captcha to use.  

I can't register. Tells me the captcha is wrong. Tried visual and audio. Dunno if it's related to the fact that I have to hit the "complete signup" button twice?

Ok, lets try again.  I added in some questions.  No more captcha.  I hope they are not too hard to answer.  I put a lot of thought into those :)

not sure how i feel about the url domain name investorsell..Got to respect the amount of work and changes in the past few months with the classifieds stock tracker and now this starting to look like a Brickpicker Empire Congrats..We started investing in the stock market in the past 4 months after 4 years of Lego Investing..it would be nice to have a section for traditional stock market discussion tips etc...Maybe?

I would also recommend having a mega thread over there like the daily deals thread where posts are consolidated without needing to search several topics threads and maybe have a link to this thread on brickpicker front page so it will be easier to navigate back and forth...Maybe recent Inverstorsell posts link on BP....

Edited by Brickshopper