10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

I'll let you know Monday... My Toy Shop and Christmas Train should be here by then!

I hate it on Principal.    (I know they do remakes all the time....doesn't mean I have to like it :) )   I enjoyed putting it together with the family the first time.  It was a fun set...the first time :)    I'm sure it will be fun for you too.  

Might as well get it from LEGO Shop at Home with X2 vip and promo.

Very true, but I get 15% off from Target. Plus, I just want the Toy Shop for now (I'm maxed on my investment budget).... guess I'll need to find something to grab for $20 and get it from LEGO Shop at Home... decisions decisions.

Edited by P_R_Rice

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tacsniper said:

Have anyone seen this set at the big box store? I have not seen this available in Canada other than the Lego store. At least Santa's Workshop was available in TRU and WalMart. If this is not in the big box store, is lego going to exclusive on the winter set?

10249.png

I think the reissue of this set is a good thing for most and I would not be concerned with a string of reissues for this series.

If the series is so popular that they went back to the original set that probably means that they analyzed their numbers and determined that the demand would be sufficient for a major run in order to bring the production numbers for this set up to the current production numbers for Winter scene sets over last couple of years.  I don't believe they are going to reissue all of the Holiday themed sets as time goes on and in fact this was an easy way:

1.) Keep with  the theme

2.) Recover more of the design costs for the first set in the series

3.) Bring Customers up to speed for those who missed the first set and thus drive the tradition home.

I am now fully committed to this collection as having the Winter Toy Shop added to my collection completes the series.   I did not have the first one but jumped in on the second in the series.  These sets are also for my personal collection so I am happy to add the reissue and view my collection complete with the reissue.

In this case, I am a collector and happy with this but I am also an investor and can see how this event actually drives up the value of 2nd and 3rd releases as those sets are now exclusive to their years and not reissues (and I don't believe those will ever be reissued.)

IMHO

I think the reissue of this set is a good thing for most and I would not be concerned with a string of reissues for this series.

If the series is so popular that they went back to the original set that probably means that they analyzed their numbers and determined that the demand would be sufficient for a major run in order to bring the production numbers for this set up to the current production numbers for Winter scene sets over last couple of years.  I don't believe they are going to reissue all of the Holiday themed sets as time goes on and in fact this was an easy way:

1.) Keep with  the theme

2.) Recover more of the design costs for the first set in the series

3.) Bring Customers up to speed for those who missed the first set and thus drive the tradition home.

I am now fully committed to this collection as having the Winter Toy Shop added to my collection completes the series.   I did not have the first one but jumped in on the second in the series.  These sets are also for my personal collection so I am happy to add the reissue and view my collection complete with the reissue.

In this case, I am a collector and happy with this but I am also an investor and can see how this event actually drives up the value of 2nd and 3rd releases as those sets are now exclusive to their years and not reissues (and I don't believe those will ever be reissued.)

IMHO

I think you're giving Lego WAY too much credit. Sorry...

• 9 months later...
For anyone interested, John Lewis has this in stock online, 634 in stock...

https://m.johnlewis.com/lego-creator-10249-winter-toy-shop/p/3009173?searchTerm=Lego 10249

Where did they find those!!!!? Maybe someone just moved a few sofas in the warehouse and shouted out "I've just found a load of those toy shops from last year that nobody wanted"!!!

Guest TabbyBoy
On 10 September 2016 at 0:27 PM, Manse1001 said:

Just saw one in my local John Lewis seal code was 04S6!?!

LOL - The Reading had the same seal codes so little chance of dumping mine this year. I'm there right now on my iPad using their free tea and cake voucher!

However, Reading JL did drop their Winter Village Markets to £39.99 just before Xmas, I bought 5.

Don't order a Ghostbusters HQ from JL as the two I saw in store last week are in really poor condition with torn/retaped boxes.

Now that the schools are back, hopefully bored kids will no longer be kicking the boxes around.