41062 - Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle

DadsAFOL

Every target in our area has these sitting on shelves as well. But it is not just Princess that is not moving, all the lego aisles are full of merchandise whereas last year the shelves were cleared. I believe both the Frozen hype and lego brand in general has peaked for now. The continued double VIP promotions and desperate email blasts from lego as of late do not inspire alot of confidence. We should get some mammoth clearance sales this time around on lego merchandise.

I will pass on the ice castle and stick with the exclusives that look to be retiring early next year.

In Lacey for business, I'll post here if I find anything, the two FM I went to had nothing, do you know where is series 13 minifigs were spotted in WA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I ended up finding Elsa's castle at Target in Southcenter yesterday. They had all of the new Disney and Friends sets on the shelves. I picked up one for Santa, and one for a friend. There were probably a dozen on the shelf. My wife and I were back in that Target a number of hours later and they were all gone.

The CMF 13 I saw at Fred Meyer in downtown Renton. Not sure if they are still there.

Picked up 3 ice castles last night from Target (saw 8 there) and decided I'd try to flip them and if not just return them. Sold all 3 to one person off craigslist for 65 each. Not bad for a 16 hour hold considering no fees. Target's less than a mile from my house so I may stop by and see if there are any left.

• Like 1

I was able to snag two of these a couple days before Christmas, at Target. Gave my daughter one from Santa and I don't have the time to quick-flip the second one so I'll probably just hold for the long run. Gonna wait to see how it does after official release before buying many more.

• Like 1

I was able to snag two of these a couple days before Christmas, at Target. Gave my daughter one from Santa and I don't have the time to quick-flip the second one so I'll probably just hold for the long run. Gonna wait to see how it does after official release before buying many more.

Whoa! Haven`t seen a post from you in quite a while. Glad you`re alive, welcome back!  :drinks:

• Like 1

Whoa! Haven`t seen a post from you in quite a while. Glad you`re alive, welcome back!  :drinks:

Ha ha, thanks. I was just telling nolanryanfan in another thread that I had to step away because of college getting really intense and way too demanding of my time. I'm supposed to graduate in April, though.  :umnik:

• Like 1

I just flipped my last elsa castle set for $85 on amazon. Prices have risen since Christmas sales. Might make sense to try sell them at that price given you probably will be able to get them 10%-20% less sometime this year.

This set could be OOS quite often. I hit 8 targets today and there wasn't a single one on the shelves even though they have the 2015 sets out.

set has been available for pre-order (shipping out Jan 2nd ) on Europe & Aussie Lego LEGO Shop at Home for past few days..just noticed today that elsa's palace is currently listed as "Out of stock, expected ship date 27 Jan 2015"  so either lego again didnt produce enough or resellers have been buying a ton of them over the past few days.

I wonder how well the 'glitter' parts will do for parting out. I can't quite see LEGO doing those often nor outside the Disney Princess line honestly except for possibly a couple of odd Friends sets therefore keeping these piece types rather rare at any time even ten years from now if one were to speculate.

• 2 weeks later...

Have opportunity to purchase 10 of these sets at retail price in UK. Worth buying to make nice profit or are stocks starting to become easily available? Im in the UK and stores other than Lego are starting to have access to them is it going to be worth my while?

Guest TabbyBoy

Have opportunity to purchase 10 of these sets at retail price in UK. Worth buying to make nice profit or are stocks starting to become easily available? Im in the UK and stores other than Lego are starting to have access to them is it going to be worth my while?

You can order 30 right now from Amazon UK.

• 2 weeks later...

From a playability standpoint, this set is a bummer. Pieces fly off it if you so much as look at the thing. Planning on buying a second set to make a sturdier version for my 4 year old niece. If and when anyone hears of these going for less than RRP, please post it here.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

This set perplexes me a bit.  I assumed by now we'd see every shelf lined with these at retail stores.

Amazon still sold out.   I saw my first ones in store today since December.   Even considered buying them.

Yet the amazon price hasn't moved in weeks.  Right at $60.

Not at Target?