41062 - Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle

DadsAFOL

The quick flip is gone as people are selling for approx $7-10 profit. I guarantee the only people who have them are on this site...supply and demand, so much money has been left on the table.

I sold two on eBay for +139 and then sold two via craigslist for $150. These guys selling at 60-70$$$ don't get it.

• Like 2

It could be that if a person is making $10 a set, and yes they have to work hard, but they command the market, and if they turbo flip 200 of these things at $10 margin a piece and they have their boxing and shipping processes down to a science they pick up $2,000 in no time at all.

I am not advocating that but I am saying that is the strategy of some and it can work well for them if managed properly.  I am not saying what is best for the seller community, just from that persons method of why they are doing what they do.

They get that there are limited online shopping days remaining for customers -  5 at most and they want their 10% profits.

Never assume who or how people get merch.  Could be employees who pulled it early.  Could be stolen, could be a guy that convinced a Target employee to hand over 4 cases and used a 20% coupon.

Agree that I'd like to see the price higher but reality sometimes serves you a big ol' helping of SGE.

b

well said

have to realize there is a severely limited window of opportunity also.  First people got $150 and within hours it was $110 and it keeps progressing downward.

You also have to realize its a $40 set that will be in wide release in 2 weeks (that could be had for $32 or less with coupons, Red Card, etc).  Only people buying this are ones who wanted it for this holiday season and don't care about paying 2x-4x.  

Thats what these types of flips are about.  Short windows and more risk than others. 

well said

have to realize there is a severely limited window of opportunity also.  First people got $150 and within hours it was $110 and it keeps progressing downward.

You also have to realize its a $40 set that will be in wide release in 2 weeks (that could be had for $32 or less with coupons, Red Card, etc).  Only people buying this are ones who wanted it for this holiday season and don't care about paying 2x-4x.  

Thats what these types of flips are about.  Short windows and more risk than others. 

I'm waiting for them to hit $17.50.

• Like 3

Good fair comments- agree and understand them all. I have been lurking on this site for some time and contributed a little and benefited from the DPCI of this set. I have what I wanted, a set for my daughter for Christmas, and my friends and flipped 4.

Only 5 days left and I agree that they need to be moved quickly before they are released, but as stated before, as a dad of a 5 year old girl, we are not selling a lego set, this is selling Elsa merchandise. Frozen elsa merchandise is nuts!!!

Additionally, prior to Christmas, in the 8 days of the selling cycle of this product there was always going to be a higher supply than demand. The guy who has 200 sets with $10 profit makes 2k if all sold, sure, but isn't 4k better than 2k?

This set is unique in the supply and demand as it allowed for selling on price for profits rather than quantity for profits. The Betrand theory of economics would have applied in this situation more than any other, we were hardly fighting each other's for customers.

Granted- the 2k in profit would come In quicker than if you had priced higher, probably. But a short supply and high demand would pretty much guarantee if all sellers were at similar pricing they would all sell at that price. This product will be hard to come by for some time, hopefuly I don't have to eat my words on this, but having experience in merchandise that is not restricted to lego allows me to see a slightly clearer picture.

Good luck to all!

All of our situations are different,

• Like 2

The flaw of applying the Bertrand theory to this particular set, is the assumption that everybody has the "same constant unit cost".

There are other factors utilized to bring the cost lower than those competing for the same sale.  Therefore, the guy with the 200 units might have a lower cost per unit and in all apparent is only making $10 per unit, but in reality he is making closer to $20 - 30.

The money is made at the entry point and realized on the sale.

• Like 2