41062 - Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle

DadsAFOL

Went to a local Target (called ahead).  They had 8 Elsa sets; 20 mintues later I got there, there was one left and put it in my cart.  Still in the aisle, a lady comes over telling me how her daughter needs the set, she just has to have it.  I mentioned that other stores have taken stock.  She literally flips out and goes insane like the world is closing around her, and starts arguing with two employees about calling ahead and being told they have some, only to find out that there is none when she arrives.  People are insane.

NARYZYp.jpg

• Like 3

Went to a local Target (called ahead).  They had 8 Elsa sets; 20 mintues later I got there, there was one left and put it in my cart.  Still in the aisle, a lady comes over telling me how her daughter needs the set, she just has to have it.  I mentioned that other stores have taken stock.  She literally flips out and goes insane like the world is closing around her, and starts arguing with two employees about calling ahead and being told they have some, only to find out that there is none when she arrives.  People are insane.

I get it if you had eight of them in your cart.  But you had one.  Whose to say that you didn't need it for your daughter?

This is all over the internet. A few people I know have mentioned seeing it on some of their "Mom" sites. Not sure if that will get the news spread enough to make demand pick up or not.

I thought BP was the top "mom" site?! :)

Also those Target inventories are notoriously inaccurate. The employee helping me look for a sold out doll a few weeks ago gave me this tip: if the inventory says a store has less than 9 of an item, the chances of there actually being any in stock is pretty slim.

I thought BP was the top "mom" site?! :)

Also those Target inventories are notoriously inaccurate. The employee helping me look for a sold out doll a few weeks ago gave me this tip: if the inventory says a store has less than 9 of an item, the chances of there actually being any in stock is pretty slim.

Completely disagree. I have found the numbers to be amazingly accurate. Additionally rarely if ever do I ever have in store pickups canceled from target because they had more on their website than in store. Perhaps the store you talked to has a lot of theft or inventory people not doing their job, but if their inventory system is that far off where their computers say they have 9 and they actually have 0, corporate will be coming after them quickly to figure out what is going on. That is a huge amount of missing inventory. 

Walmart is another story.

Anyone found any in the Seattle area yet? Not looking for a flip, just as a surprise Santa gift for my daughter.

In Lacey for business, I'll post here if I find anything, the two FM I went to had nothing, do you know where is series 13 minifigs were spotted in WA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Please do NOT share the Target Inventory look-up link on this forum or through PM.

Is there even one that can be used outside of the Target system itself, i.e., online? I am not asking for it, just whether it exists. "Known" methods seem to have stopped working this spring.

Is there even one that can be used outside of the Target system itself, i.e., online? I am not asking for it, just whether it exists. "Known" methods seem to have stopped working this spring.

I don't know what the secrecy about looking up Target inventory online is about, but I'll play ball. I was in the same boat as you, and found my answer with a bit of googling.

I don't know what the secrecy about looking up Target inventory online is about, but I'll play ball. I was in the same boat as you, and found my answer with a bit of googling.

The site just wants to protect itself, its common place in the cyber world. I'd prefer to stop the overall discussion as I think it brings a negative light to me for bringing up my ability to find the information for others.

Simply put, I'll take the time to help you out with a list of availability in your area if you PM me, but lets not discuss the tool, etc.

Edited by Dbroncoboy

I finally located a shelf of these at a nearby TRU.  they had both Elsa and jasmine sets.  no 2015 friends at all.  they had about 5 rows of shelf dedicated to elsa, Enough space for about 50 units and only 5 units were left to purchase.  I picked up only two, one for my daughter and one for a friends daughter.  Two reasons:

1) I have my doubts that this will be in any shortage whatsoever before EOL and

2)  My Ouija board says that Frozen is losing (must-have)popularity fast with children

I finally located a shelf of these at a nearby TRU. they had both Elsa and jasmine sets. no 2015 friends at all. they had about 5 rows of shelf dedicated to elsa, Enough space for about 50 units and only 5 units were left to purchase. I picked up only two, one for my daughter and one for a friends daughter. Two reasons:

1) I have my doubts that this will be in any shortage whatsoever before EOL and

2) My Ouija board says that Frozen is losing (must-have)popularity fast with children

Your board thing must need new sensors.....
  • Like 1

I can speak to popularity of Frozen. There's a new movie coming out this spring and it's all my 7 and 5 year old daughters talk about (with each other and their friends). They are not nearly as over it as I am. Even with the merchandise overload, the Lego set will be a huge draw. I think it's also part of why Cinderella's Castle isn't a run away hit this Christmas. My daughters asked if they can wait for the Frozen set instead of getting any of the current Disney sets. I've been frantically trying to find one everywhere. I'll be shocked it they don't remain hard to find for a long time.

I'm with Mama, the Frozen frenzy is not waning among children. I met a 4 year old that is just now become fascinated with the franchise. It may seems like every child that could fall in love with Frozen already has and that the market can't support the glut of merch. But, I predict we're near the middle, not the end, of the mania.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by randrace

i ask my daughter all the time if her and her classmates like frozen still. For the last little while her answers have gone from resounding yes's to more lukewarm responses. The frozen themed birthday parties have trailed off in favor of other themes, barbie, MLP etc. Obviously its a small case study, but the movie HAS been out for a while now and children are notorious for being fickle. Im not saying its dead. Im just saying i think this has already peaked and that lego is going to produce the crap out of this set. For investment i'll wait until closer to eol on this one i think.