• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

#5956 lol

I still have that zeppelin. It was neat how you could twist the rudder off and use the thing as storage since the blimp was hollow. Each of the stickers peeled off decades ago though. Haha. I remember how much LEGO really promoted their club membership back then for the longest on the outside of sets when every set had (& still do I think) the mail-in card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

I still have that zeppelin. It was neat how you could twist the rudder off and use the thing as storage since the blimp was hollow. Each of the stickers peeled off decades ago though. Haha. I remember how much LEGO really promoted their club membership back then for the longest on the outside of sets when every set had (& still do I think) the mail-in card.

I was so into the Lego CLUB Magazine when I was a kid like half my age ago. (am 20.) One issue came with a plastic 'membership card' and I was so upset when I lost it I had my mom email them for a replacement to be sent. And they'd have a building contest in it each month to build some creation to win like a full theme of sets. And I'd be so dreamy of ideas of my huge plan to build some huge model and getting the prizes, but of course I'd get distracted and never actually build or enter anything. Was also cool every year on your birthday month they'd send you the premium Brickmaster version which had more content. I looked it up and apparently the magazine ended last year and was replaced with an app. :( The death of print journalism. 

1 hour ago, Stud-Flipper said:

I was so into the Lego CLUB Magazine when I was a kid like half my age ago. (am 20.) One issue came with a plastic 'membership card' and I was so upset when I lost it I had my mom email them for a replacement to be sent. And they'd have a building contest in it each month to build some creation to win like a full theme of sets. And I'd be so dreamy of ideas of my huge plan to build some huge model and getting the prizes, but of course I'd get distracted and never actually build or enter anything. Was also cool every year on your birthday month they'd send you the premium Brickmaster version which had more content. I looked it up and apparently the magazine ended last year and was replaced with an app. :( The death of print journalism. 

I remember some of those build contests mostly as being a kid with the thought of getting a whole theme of sets like Aquanauts for example would be like the coolest thing ever. ....Unfortunately being a kid also meant having a spastic imagination with little focus and a limited supply of pieces in any assortment. I wasn't around for the Brickmaster builds as I let my subscription expire before then; probably around the time my family moved and I would be starting high school.

It figures the magazine would get replaced digitally everything considered. I suppose such makes the physical copies we still hold worth that much more to ourselves.

57 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I remember some of those build contests mostly as being a kid with the thought of getting a whole theme of sets like Aquanauts for example would be like the coolest thing ever. ....Unfortunately being a kid also meant having a spastic imagination with little focus and a limited supply of pieces in any assortment. I wasn't around for the Brickmaster builds as I let my subscription expire before then; probably around the time my family moved and I would be starting high school.

It figures the magazine would get replaced digitally everything considered. I suppose such makes the physical copies we still hold worth that much more to ourselves.

Just wait a decade till physical LEGO sets aren't profitable enough and turns into LEGO just offering an online 3d rendering program and everyone just buys "virtual" sets. Already happening with trading cards. Physical Pokemon and Magic the Gathering and the like declining as people go for online card games.And alot kids would rather play a first person shooter game than with an actual NERF blaster.

Edited by Stud-Flipper

On 9/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, exciter1 said:

"Smokey and the Bandit" is on Amazon Prime. I know what I'll be watching tonight.  It was either that or "Boogie Nights".

I just watched Boogie Nights tonight. Man, that film is a masterclass of character actors. Burt Reynolds, Don Cheadle, William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Luis Guzman. Wow. And the soundtrack was spectacular. The best word I could describe the movie as is 'confident'. It reminded me a bit of Pulp Fiction. I also did a bit of research and found out the lead role of Dirk Diggler (Mark Wahlberg) was originally intended for Leonardo DiCaprio, but he turned it down for another film. That movie, some obscure little B-movie called 'Titanic' or something. ?

Edited by Stud-Flipper
  • Like 2