Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

I am holding for the long run but just wanted to pick everyone's brain on account you can basically buy these sets cheaper on ebay now with the Walmart markdowns occurring. I noticed at two walmarts I went to yesterday there were pretty good quantities of everything in stock with the exception of Vampire Castles. The consensus is basically invest in the castle and train.... What do you all think about the smaller sets with exception of zombies? Thank You.

I will admit to living in an area with a high demand for Lego, but those doubting the popularity of this theme can take solace in the fact that by the third day of the WalMart clearance, the majority of MF was gone from pretty much every Walmart store in the Austin metropolitan area, and since I visited 9 of them I can say that pretty comfortably. I couldn't get a VC in any store after day 2, and the Mummy, Swamp creature, Werewolf, and Vampire Hearse sets were all dried up by the end of the week. You might still be able to find a train or two at some of the stores, and maybe a crazy scientist if you are lucky, but that's it, seriously. MF is gone from my area, and it was gone quick. These sets aren't going to make you rich, but I I don't see any possible way that these will bust.

I think Monster Fighters will be a bust. Everyone needs to take back your Monster Fighters that you bought and leave me a list of which stores and where you took them back. Sorry if this message is messy but I am fueling up my u haul and getting ready to go on a road trip. :red:

Wow that is the first person I have heard say this.....you don't think these will be big winners every Halloween for years to come??

Dead on Stephen! I am banking on the fact that every year when Halloween rolls around folks will look to pickup a VC, HH or other Halloween table top sorta decorations. I can't wait to crack open the VC and HH I bought for myself to display on the fireplace mantle at Halloween. I have enough stashed away for a few years for selling.

I've had the luck to get the Ghost train at 15 dollars and 30 dollars. 17 of them at 15 dollars each and 23 at 30 dollars... I've bought them all. I don't care if it's selling below retail now... It's a train, and its a specialty train. I know I'll make my money back and make quite a bit on them.

I've had the luck to get the Ghost train at 15 dollars and 30 dollars. 17 of them at 15 dollars each and 23 at 30 dollars... I've bought them all. I don't care if it's selling below retail now... It's a train, and its a specialty train. I know I'll make my money back and make quite a bit on them.

Lol.. Your BP membership may need to be revoked if you can't make money on sets that are +70% discounted

I don't have any monster fighters but I think it will do pretty well, it may not do as well as some here hoping, esp not the ghost train imo, but I bet the theme will do really well down the road. It is by far the best Halloween theme yet, and may be the best for a VERY long time.

I agree...I just discovered a stash of 5 VC's at a WalMart late last night and I absolutely didn't buy them for $69 each.

If you don`t want them, any way you could ship them to me? ;-) JK, but the cheapest I`ve found up here for a VC is $112. I can`t bring myself to bite.

Lol.. Your BP membership may need to be revoked if you can't make money on sets that are +70% discounted

Haha, unless it is PoP, in which case, we can understand why very few would actually want them for free. :lol:

If you don`t want them, any way you could ship them to me? ;-) JK, but the cheapest I`ve found up here for a VC is $112. I can`t bring myself to bite. Yes, I will sell them to you for $69 each +tax. Shipping will be in the neighborhood of $350.

Lol.. Your BP membership may need to be revoked if you can't make money on sets that are +70% discounted Haha, unless it is PoP, in which case, we can understand why very few would actually want them for free. :lol:Are you sure ? Give me any PoP set for 75% off RRP and I'll make money off of it. Our net profit maybe a penny but money is still money ;-)

I can't give you the same promise on the Cars sets though %-P

If you don`t want them, any way you could ship them to me? ;-) JK, but the cheapest I`ve found up here for a VC is $112. I can`t bring myself to bite. Yes, I will sell them to you for $69 each +tax. Shipping will be in the neighborhood of $350. Dont listen to him. I will sell you one for $69 + $349 shipping

• 1 month later...

I searched the sets and found that the sets all seem to have less then 999.  Maybe they will get more, hopefully they won't.

The Swamp Creature - 534 left

Crazy Scientist - 264 left

Vampyre Castle - 663 left

Ghost Train - 398 left

Haunted House - 176 left

The Mummy - 274 left

Also, Fire Brigade still has 999+ left

Grand Emporium - 999+ left

Helm's Deep - 672 left

B-Wing - 398 left

Catcycle (which many think will make the retiring soon list soon) - 335 left

• Like 3

I searched the sets and found that the sets all seem to have less then 999.  Maybe they will get more, hopefully they won't.

The Swamp Creature - 534 left

Crazy Scientist - 264 left

Vampyre Castle - 663 left

Ghost Train - 398 left

Haunted House - 176 left

The Mummy - 274 left

Helm's Deep - 672 left

B-Wing - 398 left

Catcycle (which many think will make the retiring soon list soon) - 335 left

Nice to see Haunted House on this dwindling list. Fingers crossed

Nice to see Haunted House on this dwindling list. Fingers crossed

I hope so too, but this could change in the matter of hours.

Notice how I left the Death Star off of the list? I figure it isn't worth watching anymore.  When it retires, it will retire, until then, I will keep the debate on whether to build mine.

***UPDATE***

The Swamp Creature - 556 left

Crazy Scientist - 233 left

Vampyre Castle - 616left

Ghost Train - 378 left

Haunted House - 135 left 

The Mummy - 259 left

Vampyre Hearse - 393 left

Helm's Deep - 598 left

B-Wing - 342 left

Catcycle (which many think will make the retiring soon list soon) - 234 left