Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

To get Lego Sets Wholesale Now you have to buy 75 percent of Lego Themes, and that includes all the small sets. To get Started you need about $10,000 and you need a Retail Tax License which cost about $150. So its not worth it anymore. And you can only buy the regular Lego Sets, No Exclusives or Hard to find sets.

This would be worth it if they'd let wholesales buy the 10XXX exclusive sets, but so disappointing that they don't. There is still plenty of money to be made on smaller sets and other larger non exclusive sets though, but I can see why many would rather just sell on the side little by little than attempt the wholesale business. With the new rules and regulations it seems like it makes it much harder for the Lego wholesale world to earn the profits they once could. TLG knows what they're doing though, and this is why we're seeing them crack down more and more, such as implementing buying limits, etc.

Same here, no coupon with my catalog.

I got a coupon. I wonder why only some of us are getting it.

You only get a coupon if you live within so far from a Lego store. I forget what the range is but it might be like 50 miles.

That makes sense. I live close enough to a Lego store if that's the range.

Yep Legodog is right! Your mailing address has to be within so many miles of a Lego store. I think they should still offer the coupon to others since many people travel for school or work and are sometimes in cities with a store.

I completely agree. We have a Lego store in Detroit which is 2 1/2 hours away. We go over there to visit my wifes family every couple months and of course to go to the Lego store. So I wish they would just send out coupons to everyone.

Does anyone know if the coupons are tied to your account?

I completely agree. We have a Lego store in Detroit which is 2 1/2 hours away. We go over there to visit my wifes family every couple months and of course to go to the Lego store. So I wish they would just send out coupons to everyone.

Perhaps you should consider having them sign up for the catalog to give you a better chance of receiving a coupon? I don't think the coupons are associated with the account.

Perhaps you should consider having them sign up for the catalog to give you a better chance of receiving a coupon? I don't think the coupons are associated with the account.

They already receive the catalog and will most likely be using the coupon themselves. If they aren't tied to an account then I may be able to find someone who isn't using theirs.

Which one should I get since we all know that the Monster Fighters theme will be essentially ending in a couple months. Here is the scenario: I can buy 3 of either set. Which will do better in the secondary market sooner? I don't really want to hold a set for more than like 2 years which Is why I am asking that question. Thanks, everyone.

Is 2 Vampyre Castles and 1 Ghost Train an option rather than just 3 of one set. If so you could go with that. I think both will do well in the secondary market, but I think the Vampyre Castle will do better. I could be wrong, but I feel the Vampyre Castle is the better of the two.

Do you think that the Vampyre Castle will have a larger $$ increase or a larger percentage increase? Also, are we saying that the Vampyre Castle will do better in 2 years than the Ghost Train?

I think the Vampyre Castle will have a better return, however it costs more to acquire a Vampyre Castle then it does a Ghost Train. You can almost buy 2 Ghost Trains for the price of one Vampyre Castle if you can find a good deal. While trains typically do well, I think the Castle will give you a better return on investment 2 years after it's been EOL'd compared to the Ghost Train. I still think the Ghost Train will do well also, just not as well as previous trains. I've been wrong before though. Time will tell.

I think the Vampyre Castle will have a better return, however it costs more to acquire a Vampyre Castle then it does a Ghost Train. You can almost buy 2 Ghost Trains for the price of one Vampyre Castle if you can find a good deal. While trains typically do well, I think the Castle will give you a better return on investment 2 years after it's been EOL'd compared to the Ghost Train. I still think the Ghost Train will do well also, just not as well as previous trains. I've been wrong before though. Time will tell.

Thanks for the advice and for the quick reply, Rich B! Many thanks to you!

Is 2 Vampyre Castles and 1 Ghost Train an option rather than just 3 of one set. If so you could go with that. I think both will do well in the secondary market, but I think the Vampyre Castle will do better. I could be wrong, but I feel the Vampyre Castle is the better of the two.

This!!!!!! No need to buy three of the same set rather than diversify a little!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a large stockpile of MF sets but I do enjoy them. I'm not sure if the 9461 Swamp Creature set will be worth much in the future but I think the 'creature' is an amazing minifigure. I don't see this set go on sale often but I think the next time it does I should stock up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but gravedigging seems appropriate when it comes to this theme. :-) Besides the obvious candidates (The Haunted House and the Castle), which sets do you think will be the hardest to secure once this line goes EOL? With my limited funds, I'm hoping to secure what I can of this set and I'd rather buy the sets now that will be a pain later. Doesn't seem like the Scientist and his monster set is talked about much, and I've also seen quite a few people say they aren't too fond of the train. What do you guys think will become scarce quickest?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but gravedigging seems appropriate when it comes to this theme. :-)

Besides the obvious candidates (The Haunted House and the Castle), which sets do you think will be the hardest to secure once this line goes EOL? With my limited funds, I'm hoping to secure what I can of this set and I'd rather buy the sets now that will be a pain later. Doesn't seem like the Scientist and his monster set is talked about much, and I've also seen quite a few people say they aren't too fond of the train. What do you guys think will become scarce quickest?

Lol, not that old of a thread, only a couple weeks. :P

I think that the sets that are worth more than $40 will be scarce the fastest, just because all the BrickPicker members will be hitting all their stores for them. I'm serious. I think those will be the biggest gainers. I can picture the VC going pretty quick as well as maybe the Vampyre Hearse.

Also when you mentioned that the Ghost Train isn't that popular among members, that's probably because we get so many other great trains, that it is hard to top that. I still think that it is a pretty decent set and definitely will give us some nice ROI.

Lol, not that old of a thread, only a couple weeks. :P

I think that the sets that are worth more than $40 will be scarce the fastest, just because all the BrickPicker members will be hitting all their stores for them. I'm serious. I think those will be the biggest gainers. I can picture the VC going pretty quick as well as maybe the Vampyre Hearse.

Also when you mentioned that the Ghost Train isn't that popular among members, that's probably because we get so many other great trains, that it is hard to top that. I still think that it is a pretty decent set and definitely will give us some nice ROI.

Well I've grabbed the HH, the train, and will be getting the Castle soon. I may hold off on the Werewolf and Hearse hoping I can get them cheaper later. But I wasn't going to take the risks on the earlier sets mentioned.