Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

Doggonnit! Just when we think they are going away, Target adds them back in. I guess I am actually kinda happy about this though. I don't currently own any of these due to monetary shortages, and I would like a couple to hold onto. Maybe I will still get my chance. :)

true. at least at my local targets, the # of MF sets in stock are very limited. usually 2-4 each max for the $19+ sets. still haven't seen a Zombies in a LONG time.

No fools those folks at lego. They know that those of us in our 40s & 50s grew up on Friday night TV creature features that showcased the same monsters in these themes. Not to mention the Munsters and Addams Family, which I think was the model for the Haunted House. For some of us it's all about the nostalgia of these sets. That's why I'm collecting them. Two of each, one to build come Halloween, and one to hold just in case. And if they don't appreciate or drop in value, well then, I'll just put a huge addition on my haunted house. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think there have been 'rumor' posts going both ways (that it is EOL in June, or that a new planogram shows Monster Fighters at a LEGO store), but I think the consensus is that they might be difficult to find in brick ****** mortar stores shortly. There have been quite a few decent deals on different sets - start hunting them Monsters!

I can't imagine it making it past this October, and that is just online. I'm sure that stores like Target and Walmart will clear them out in the next few months. Make space for the new LOTR and Star Wars sets. I actually think these sets have some real potential. Any expectations for the Haunted House? I haven't heard anything on it, but I expect it to be around for another year.

If that order form that was shown is legit, and I believe it is, retailers can still purchase MF sets until June. I think these will still be in production until then if that is the case. The "hard to find" tag doesn't have anything to do with a near end of production, it just means that these aren't going to be found in every store.

Lego defines "hard to find" as items only found in their stores or selected retailers. Maybe MF sets going forward will be 'harder' to find in stores like Target and Walmart where Lego shelf space is already limited / smaller than other stores. It might also be a Lego Sales / Marketing strategy to clear these sets out ASAP before the month they go EOL.

I have noticed the MF's sets disappearing from major retailers as well. Thanks for the replies, and info everyone. I spoke with the same lego source that told me about the zombies sets being retired when she said they would, back in December, and she told me the MF's sets are going EOL at the end of march. I guess time will tell.

This brings my total for the Vampire's Castle to 25, if you have the money to invest get as many of these as you can, even at a $100 they are still a great deal. This set will climb fast once they are retired, which will be at the end of June, as for the Haunted Houses I wish I new when these would be retired. But at $180 it won't take long for it to go over $300 and up fast. I got 9 so far, and with Amazon Reward points I have gotten all of them for between $145-$160 As I have a Amazon Credit card, I signed my son up and even my Ex Wife let me use her info to get one.