Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

• 1 month later...

I will completely disagree with everyone else haha.

Here's why. I've bought tons and tons of VC's and have already sold quite a few for 120 each. The average price I paid for the VC's was 63 I think. Even after fees I'm making around 40% right now. The HH is a great set, but we don't know when it's going to retire.. It also will take years to get to the percentage return that we will see with the VC shortly after EOL. I think the VC will easily hit 180-220 sealed sometime in the next two years. I don't see the HH getting that high percentage of returns anytime soon (I don't think it will be retired anytime soon)

So when you break the math down (at least in my head) I'd rather be sitting on more than 50 VC's and seeing them have larger short term returns and reinvesting that money than 50 HH. You can by three VC's to one HH at this time. That's a no brainer in my opinion to take that money now and run with it and sell for a quick flip or after a year or two instead of waiting for three to four with the HH. (don't worry I have quite a few HH's too) 

• Like 3

exactly, if buying at $60 it would be a great flip right now.

at $80 + $5 tax = $85 and sell it for $120 is not so great a flip at the moment

as one would prob. have at least $25 in fees/postage so after that it would net $95

making only $10 net profit. plus the VC as of right now is back to $129.99 at TRU

I've made more flipping HH and also keeping plenty for the long term.

VC for $63 is an amazing deal, Kermando. How did you swing that? I thought I did great when I managed to buy 17 VC at $64 + tax ($69 total) from TRU when they were $80 plus 20% discount each.  By the way, I returned one in store because it came with CRUSHED box, and I was given a gift card for the 20% ($16).  That was surprising. 

VC for $63 is an amazing deal, Kermando. How did you swing that? I thought I did great when I managed to buy 17 VC at $64 + tax ($69 total) from TRU when they were $80 plus 20% discount each.  By the way, I returned one in store because it came with CRUSHED box, and I was given a gift card for the 20% ($16).  That was surprising. 

TRU let you use a 20%off coupon on already discounted sets? you are won lucky dude, that would never fly at my TRU. i had to pay the full 80$ plus tax for my VC's.

TRU let you use a 20%off coupon on already discounted sets? you are won lucky dude, that would never fly at my TRU. i had to pay the full 80$ plus tax for my VC's.

I ordered them online the night before the sale.  TRU had been running a 20% off sale that was to end the day before the VC went on sale.  Anyway, I just randomly plugged in the coupon code and it worked, so I ordered quite a few.  

I ordered them online the night before the sale.  TRU had been running a 20% off sale that was to end the day before the VC went on sale.  Anyway, I just randomly plugged in the coupon code and it worked, so I ordered quite a few.  

sweet, i need to be on toes for the next time TRU does something like that.  

well I got a "few" VCs, but I guess HH will have better returns. Just the fact that HH is a Lego Exclusive and people cant get hold of many sets will cause a lower supply than the VC. But the HH will stay for at least one year longer, so go with the VC for now and reinvest the money in HHs.

I just bought 7 HH with the 10% off+VIP Points and free truck. Just get some when you have some free cash but dont go all in right now!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TRU had some of these on display last year and I think it looks fantastic once built.  I have 5 for investment, but I won't even think about selling them until October at the earliest.  This one might be better to hold for a couple years post-retirement especially since TRU still has it in stock.

• 3 weeks later...