Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I haven't looked at any of my shipments. Maybe I should be.

Yeah me too. It might be good to get out in front of these if there are delays. Send messages to the buyers blaming it on Covid. Beyond your control. Sorry for any inconvenience. So on and so forth. 

4 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Yeah me too. It might be good to get out in front of these if there are delays. Send messages to the buyers blaming it on Covid. Beyond your control. Sorry for any inconvenience. So on and so forth. 

Yeah, if they don't complain, I just assume everything is fine.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Since we're talking USPS issues with packages - anyone else noticing delays/issues with International shipments using USPS? I have 3 packages (all bubble mailers) going to Europe:

1 was sent on Feb 28th, has been received at the International Shipping facility in Chicago on 3/1, no updates since (but surprisingly, no Buyer complaints - BL order) - that's almost 2 months.

1 was sent on Apr 10th, has been scanned at and sent from my local post office, but hasn't been checked in anywhere since Apr 12th.

1 was sent on Apr 17th, arrived in Chicago on Apr 19th, and is currently "in transit".

Int'l USPS packages are piling up at the facilities, unable to go anywhere because the reduced number of international commercial flights (but that 2 month delay sounds bad).

Edited by I am Niko

• 1 month later...

I've tried to list a few sets over the past week or so and it seems I can't get new listings to come up for me to add it to inventory (FBM). Anyone else coming across this? I can find the sets just searching to buy, but then I can't find them in Add a Product search.  41365, 41332, 70661, 70652, 60191 and more.

8 hours ago, swada33 said:

I've tried to list a few sets over the past week or so and it seems I can't get new listings to come up for me to add it to inventory (FBM). Anyone else coming across this? I can find the sets just searching to buy, but then I can't find them in Add a Product search.  41365, 41332, 70661, 70652, 60191 and more.

Copy and paste the ASIN from webpage into add a product page. 

• Like 1

Many seller accounts got suspended today. Unfortunately I have been affected. The reason given is that my seller account is linked to another seller account which violated policies and is not allowed to sell. I have an Amazon.ca seller account I opened years ago but I never listed anything on it. The thing is that my Amazon.ca account got the same exact notice and this is very strange because I have been allowed to sell Lego’s since 2016. Like many of you guys I got grandfathered as I started selling before amazon put in place strict selling policies. Is this the end of it ? I hope very much this is a glitch. Nonetheless I deactivated my amazon.ca account and sent in a POA To try to reactivate my Amazon.com account.

Received this message for the first time in 4 years of selling on Amazon:

We've reviewed your inventory levels and found that you have products with inventory below your target ranges. By maintaining the right inventory levels, you can help maximize sales by meeting product demand while also avoiding overstock issues.

You can review our recommended replenishment quantities and ship dates on the Restock Inventory page: https://sellercentral.amazon.ca/restockinventory/recommendations.

We recommend maintaining an inventory level to cover between four and eight weeks of demand to ensure products remain in stock”

I sell exclusively FBM although I did register for FBA 3 months ago but have never sent anything in because of COVID and their problems processing shipments. I’ve never seen a “target range” before. What does this mean? The message doesn’t sound threatening but seemed like an odd thing to send to me. Should I be concerned? 

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

It means exactly what it says.  They are giving you "recommendations".

But what are they recommending? What are these target ranges they have reviewed? I have all my inventory with me ready to go the instant it’s purchased. How can I be below anything? 

2 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

But what are they recommending? What are these target ranges they have reviewed? I have all my inventory with me ready to go the instant it’s purchased. How can I be below anything? 

they just want your money. I delete those and move on 

Help please!

I have sold a lot of LEGO on Amazon over the years, however I took a break when we moved in late 2015 and that lasted until recently, I have ended up with way to many retired sets in storage  and plan(ed) on selling on Amazon.

First my seller account was “deactivated” which I have dealt with, and was able to list a set for sale. Now I went in to add my inventory and the very next item I tried to list requires “approval”

Searching forums, the answer seems to be they are blocking resellers, unless authorized by LEGO 

How are y’all able to sell LEGO on Amazon?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

Help please!

I have sold a lot of LEGO on Amazon over the years, however I took a break when we moved in late 2015 and that lasted until recently, I have ended up with way to many retired sets in storage  and plan(ed) on selling on Amazon.

First my seller account was “deactivated” which I have dealt with, and was able to list a set for sale. Now I went in to add my inventory and the very next item I tried to list requires “approval”

Searching forums, the answer seems to be they are blocking resellers, unless authorized by LEGO 

Thanks!

You either have to be part of the lucky few who got grandfathered in prior to the lock out or be a distributor. 

7 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

Help please!

Thanks!

If you managed to list a set for sale on Amazon, you are grandfathered in. Did you perhaps try to list a Frozen set? Those are still gated due to the Frozen 2 movie - not sure how long that will last but it has been this way since fall 2019.

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

If you managed to list a set for sale on Amazon, you are grandfathered in. Did you perhaps try to list a Frozen set? Those are still gated due to the Frozen 2 movie - not sure how long that will last but it has been this way since fall 2019.

Was able to list VW T1.  Then I tried listing Big Bang and got approval required

7 hours ago, Al Legorical said:

Help please!

Thanks!

You may have just been unlucky in what you tried to sell.  Like Phil said, Frozen is gated for the movies.  And for some reason I randomly get the "needs approval" too.  One time I contacted Amazon and they fixed the item for me.  They first just repeated that I needed to get approval, but then I pointed out that I was already selling Lego.  I tried it one other time and the rep didn't know what to do and I just dropped it.  Figured its not worth making waves.

48 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

You may have just been unlucky in what you tried to sell.  Like Phil said, Frozen is gated for the movies.  And for some reason I randomly get the "needs approval" too.  One time I contacted Amazon and they fixed the item for me.  They first just repeated that I needed to get approval, but then I pointed out that I was already selling Lego.  I tried it one other time and the rep didn't know what to do and I just dropped it.  Figured its not worth making waves.

Ballsy. I would be to scared to call because the rep could be like. Let me fix that mistake and gate you on everything till you send an invoice. 

Just updated my formulas to calculate the net fees I paid over the last 4 years on various platforms and am a bit shocked to see the numbers:

image.thumb.png.22a9368d09afcb35b483f3a71e00a132.png

This is including Shipping Fees and Platform Fees. My Ebay listings are mostly free shipping, there are a few FBM listings at AMZ but most of it is FBA. All fees include PayPal where applicable (EBay, BL & BO).

That's quite a large percentage of my gross revenue (selling price + difference between shipping charged and actual shipping costs) taken by uncle Jeff.

Can someone corroborate my findings?