Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

anyone else having issue with shipping via usps on amazon today?

Not on Amazon, but I did have several error codes shipping via USPS on PayPal for one eBay order and one BrickLink order. Two separate codes I looked up that made no sense (one was related to Canada post, I only ship domestic) the other was related to expired CC cards, which also made no sense because I was using my PayPal balance. I ended up waiting 20 minutes and was able to buy shipping.
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Apparently, the U-PIC box has to be ticked now before purchasing the label, if that's what you are referring to.

argh.. yeah.  I did not see that.  Looks like that is only for USPS right now.  I wonder if there's an increase in lost packages via usps with Amazon.  I have 2 being investigated.

I’m strictly FBM and it’s been 10 days since I’ve sold anything after 3 months of gangbuster sales. I had my first negative feedback in a year 3 weeks ago (which was a false complaint about delivery) and one return without incident and I have to wonder if the sales collapse is related somehow, even though all my metrics show as completely normal and acceptable. Every once in a while I have a sales slump of about a week or so but not once since March until now. 

11 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I’m strictly FBM and it’s been 10 days since I’ve sold anything after 3 months of gangbuster sales. I had my first negative feedback in a year 3 weeks ago (which was a false complaint about delivery) and one return without incident and I have to wonder if the sales collapse is related somehow, even though all my metrics show as completely normal and acceptable. Every once in a while I have a sales slump of about a week or so but not once since March until now. 

Summer is here.  Most people can finally do outdoor activities / go to vacation after months of lockup.  After weeks of non-stop orders, I appreciate small breaks.  

Also, FBA is back to fully operational

51 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Summer is here.  Most people can finally do outdoor activities / go to vacation after months of lockup.  After weeks of non-stop orders, I appreciate small breaks.  

Also, FBA is back to fully operational

Sure enough 15 minutes after posting I got a sale, and for a recent purchase on my part at that. Praise Bezos. 

• Like 1

... and to add insult to injury: I am trying to send in 41309 Andrea's Musical Duet, but when I create my SKU name it says it cannot be created because I already have an SKU with that name. Going to my full inventory, I see no SKU with that name, or for 41309 at all ("Manage my Inventory" screen, all options set to "Include All") ....

Also, there are a ton of LEGO items that do not show up in the "Add a Product" screen when searching for "LEGO <set number>" (or they show all sorts of alternate listings, but not the main product listing). I have to go by ASIN to add. Even had one where the ASIN works in regular Amazon, but Add a Product does not show results for the same ASIN. Luckily I could use the "Sell on Amazon" button on the regular Amazon product page to add it to my Shipping Plan, but wow, what a crappy system.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

I just got another one of thiese Late Delivery return that wasn't reimbursed, this is getting shitty. One thing i noticed is that they dont show under the FBA returns tab. Time to escalate this BS. 

Let us know what they say.  I am waiting to see if this gets auto-resolved at the end of the month before contacting them

On 6/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

I just got another one of thiese Late Delivery return that wasn't reimbursed, this is getting shitty. One thing i noticed is that they dont show under the FBA returns tab. Time to escalate this BS. 

Had a couple of those this past holiday.  Was too busy to follow up, but yeah . . .

14 hours ago, Phil B said:

When did SellerCentral stop showing you that you already have a listing for an item? Getting really annoying - I have to remember to go to my Inventory to replenish there instead of just starting to create a listing and get prompted.

Seems like its been a few years.  I started winding up with double listings some time ago.

I have a set that is sealed, but the seals are not tight, it is like this on both sides, it was like this when arriving from the store.  When I send it in to Amazon, should I list it as new or like new/collectible with photos of the seals and a written description. I only do the like new/collectible when there are creases or cosmetic box damage.

3 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:

I have a set that is sealed, but the seals are not tight, it is like this on both sides, it was like this when arriving from the store.  When I send it in to Amazon, should I list it as new or like new/collectible with photos of the seals and a written description. I only do the like new/collectible when there are creases or cosmetic box damage.

- might not be a very popular choice.. but you should get a hairdryer, blow a stream of hot air at these seals for like 5 mins, then carefully with '-  preferably a tweezer) - unpeel one end. Take some transparent glue, glue the unpeeled seal, stick  to the box and put some slight weight on it to attach. Nobody would see a difference

AS FOR THE GLUE - TEST IT FIRST!! - on some ordinary stuff... whether it leaves some marks or not at the tested box. Usually the haiirdryer at full speed for 5 mins does the trick (esp. at the thumbs-press seals at low-cost LEGO sets)...the buyer will never tell that it was actualy opened before.

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AWES1234 said:

What is up with amazon and their new "high price error" even when you are the lowest price?

Is it a set that you've sold cheaper before?  I've found that part of the price algorithm is specific to the past price history of your SKU and not the ASIN.  If I last sold something for $50 six months ago and try to list another one at $100, it might get delisted even if there are 10 other sellers at $100.  If I delete the old SKU and use a new one, it doesn't happen as much.

4 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Is it a set that you've sold cheaper before?  I've found that part of the price algorithm is specific to the past price history of your SKU and not the ASIN.  If I last sold something for $50 six months ago and try to list another one at $100, it might get delisted even if there are 10 other sellers at $100.  If I delete the old SKU and use a new one, it doesn't happen as much.

So if i sold it before I essentially have to sell it at the same price again?

Even if I sold it before and go to a lower price now, it still sells price too high

2 minutes ago, AWES1234 said:

So if i sold it before I essentially have to sell it at the same price again?

Even if I sold it before and go to a lower price now, it still sells price too high

It was just one possible glitch i've noticed.  The algorithm is definitely not "This ASIN must be priced below $_____ price or it will cause a price error for all sellers not below that price."  It is way more complicated and not enforced equally among all sellers.  Once it is triggered, I sometimes have to drop the price much, much lower before it will reactivate again.  In my situation, 100% of these errors where i'm at or below other sellers are items i've previously sold that have gone up in value since I last sold.  Any new SKUs I sell don't cause price errors when my price is matching competition.  Sometimes deleting the SKU and waiting 24 hours can fix it.