Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

See if you can find the error.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R8Y8HB0

I opened a case. Seller Support's response was basically that they can't or won't fix it. Okay?

Been like that forever.  It was fixed for a few days in November but somebody changed it back.  I got a couple of returns because of that

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Been like that forever.  It was fixed for a few days in November but somebody changed it back.  I got a couple of returns because of that

Could it be some sort of automated "correction"? I don't understand who would benefit from selling Temple of Airjitzu for such a low price, so I don't know why someone would purposely change the image to show the Temple of Airjitzu set.

I think part of the problem is that under "Product information", the "Item model number" is listed as 70751.

Judging by the "questions & answers" section, the image has been switching back and forth since 2015.

Answer:
At the time you posted the question, Yes, the picture was wrong. Guess Amazon had messed up.But right now, it's the correct picture! :)
By Attidude on September 25, 2015"

4 hours ago, president89 said:

I have been selling lego sets on amazon.com for a few years with no issue. I started looking at the minifigures and I noticed that I can't create a listing for one. Anyone else have this issue? 

What is the error message you get? For alot of the major brands you can no longer create a listing at all unless you are on a white list authorized by the brand. The other possibility is the UPC you are using is not legit according to the Amazon bot. If it is the first reason then you won't be able to make a listing. For the second reason request a GTIN exemption or purchase/generate a UPC that will fool the Amazon bot. That error message will let you know what the hold up is.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Received my FBA removal order today. Someone took out the original lego set from my sealed box and threw in different mixed loose pieces of lego back into the box and taped it back. They claimed "defective" with comments "missing pieces" on their return description. Amazon already refunded them back the full amount. This set was shipped to me from target.com so there's no way someone compromised it. What should I do now? Google say to file a SAFE-T claim but I can't find it anywhere on my Manage Orders page.

Received my FBA removal order today. Someone took out the original lego set from my sealed box and threw in different mixed loose pieces of lego back into the box and taped it back. They claimed "defective" with comments "missing pieces" on their return description. Amazon already refunded them back the full amount. This set was shipped to me from target.com so there's no way someone compromised it. What should I do now? Google say to file a SAFE-T claim but I can't find it anywhere on my Manage Orders page.

Target.com sometimes ships out as new past returns with boxes that were resealed with fake or missing bricks, figs, or bags. I've had this occur on one big set received from target.com. Seals looked solid. Only I found out was when I compared it to another same set. Weight was off. Opened and sure enough stuffed with a few sealed bags, and notebook paper. Not saying that's what happened to you, but it is possible.

Yay got my money back.

"We are writing to follow up with you regarding the reimbursement request submitted for your FBA inventory.

We have submitted a credit to your account in the amount of 100.22 USD. This credit will be posted, and will appear as "Other" in your Payments Account in 2 to 3 days. You can see this by clicking the "Transactions" link on the Payments page."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marcandre said:

On my manage inventory screen the 40433 batmobile status is suppressed. I have only seen active and inactive. What the heck is suppressed? 

The listing is suppressed.  If you search for 40433, it doesn't show up.  Not sure why this is.

• Thanks 1

Do any of you use a salex tax exemption form so that you don't pay sales tax as a buyer? Or  does that make things complicated when you sell the stuff on amazon because then you have to collect sales tax?
I've used one for years without any problems. Unlike other stores, Amazon let's you pick and choose which items to apply the exemption to
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Jackson said:

Has anyone had success in getting a "buy cheaper at X" review removed from an Amazon product page? If so, how?

Yeah, you have to file a product review removal request. I often state the specific Amazon Review Guidelines the review is breaking. You have to be very specific and concise. The people who read these requests 1. Don't care about your product 2. Don't care about their job 3. Are slightly enjoying watching people fail. 4. Read the contents of the request 50% of the time.

Good luck...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1