Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

On 11/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

As of today I am gated from selling LEGO Frozen sets, old or new, with FBA or FBM. 

Looks like the whole Frozen brand is gated as it did not let me list Elsa singing doll either.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I had created listings back in September and sent in inventory last week, but now my Frozen LEGO sets are all listed as "inactive" after not having been gated before.  I've been selling LEGO FBA for years and even qualified for selling FBM in toys and games for the holiday season.

Edited by zskid00

12 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Is anyone else seeing this?  I had created listings back in September and sent in inventory last week, but now my Frozen LEGO sets are all listed as "inactive" after not having been gated before.  I've been selling LEGO FBA for years and even qualified for selling FBM in toys and games for the holiday season.

Happened to me too. I noticed my sales in general had slowed and when I checked my inventory saw that all my frozen sets now needed approval. I just deleted the listings and like magic my general sales picked up again that day. 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

As of today I am gated from selling LEGO Frozen sets, old or new, with FBA or FBM. 

Looks like the whole Frozen brand is gated as it did not let me list Elsa singing doll either. 

Yes folks, those singing dolls are baaaacckk!!!!

you aren't alone. I've stranded inventory which is affecting my IPI. Hopefully it will go away after the holiday season is over.

34 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Have you tried to apply for approval? I got auto approved for my frozen sets.

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

Have you tried to apply for approval? I got auto approved for my frozen sets.

I did try that and have to include receipts and pictures of the product.  Not going to happen for me.  I only have 30 units total across multiple listings, but I created all of the listings before the gate came down.  Now they're all going to be stranded.

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I tried and it asked for 2019 invoice + pictures, which did not exist since my set was from 2017.  How did you get around those?

I got automatically approved based on seller statistics. I sell a lot of generic items throughout the year, maybe that helped? Not sure, I feel like Amazon's auto approval process is a random lottery at times.

• Like 1

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

I tried and it asked for 2019 invoice + pictures, which did not exist since my set was from 2017.  How did you get around those?

They sent out emails about frozen restrictions in early October.  I bought 12 units of something frozen 2 from EE distribution. I waited until the order processed, then sent in a pdf copy of the invoice.  I was approved in a few hours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

They sent out emails about frozen restrictions in early October.  I bought 12 units of something frozen 2 from EE distribution. I waited until the order processed, then sent in a pdf copy of the invoice.  I was approved in a few hours. 

Ah I missed that email.  I did not plan to sell Frozen stuffs this year other than a few I bought in 2017

6 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I went back through my e-mail and didn't see anything from Amazon about this brand being restricted for me.  Also, I created these listings in September and they weren't inactivated then.  Wouldn't that have qualified me to list under the brand?

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Ah I missed that email.  I did not plan to sell Frozen stuffs this year other than a few I bought in 2017

You probably didn't get the e-mail.  I think e-mails went out for other brands that I didn't get the e-mail (even though I had sold the brands in the past.)  

3 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I went back through my e-mail and didn't see anything from Amazon about this brand being restricted for me.  Also, I created these listings in September and they weren't inactivated then.  Wouldn't that have qualified me to list under the brand?

The e-mails seemed to be targeted to anyone who had sold Disney Frozen products in the past and anything that had "Frozen 2" in the listing title seemed to be hard gated for almost everyone back in October.  They were not doing auto approvals on Frozen when the e-mail went out in October because I also get auto-approved for other toy brands like everyone else and it didn't work back then.

Changing gears a bit... When you're sending in sets that are in their original cases from LEGO, do you need to take the outside label off the case (or cover it) for Amazon to process correctly? I label everything myself. So, for example: I have a case of 4 in the original LEGO case. I open the case, label each of the 4 individual sets with my label and then seal the sets back up. Do I need to be concerned with the barcodes on the outside of the case?

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Changing gears a bit... When you're sending in sets that are in their original cases from LEGO, do you need to take the outside label off the case (or cover it) for Amazon to process correctly? I label everything myself. So, for example: I have a case of 4 in the original LEGO case. I open the case, label each of the 4 individual sets with my label and then seal the sets back up. Do I need to be concerned with the barcodes on the outside of the case?

Thanks!

Yes. I believe so, but one of the veterans can confirm. I use a heat gun to easily remove the labels, but you can also take a sharpie and blur out the barcodes. This is so it doesn’t cause any confusion when the bots are checking in your inventory. 

8 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks!

I cover/remove all barcodes that I don’t want to be scanned and if I’m sending multiple sets, I make sure the master case remains unsealed .