Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:
ASIN: B01KILRLS4, SKU: R2-4EEC-GG27, Title: "LEGO Friends Heartlake Gift Delivery 41310 Toy for 5- to 12-Year-Olds"
This item has been identified as one that is prohibited for sale or listing on Amazon. Amazon does not allow the sale
of products that promote child exploitation or depict children or characters resembling children in a sexually
suggestive manner. For more information, please refer to the follow seller help page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201174220&qid=1479496841&sr=1-1

ASIN: B01KILRLS4, SKU: R2-4EEC-GG27, Title: "LEGO Friends Heartlake Gift Delivery 41310 Toy for 5- to 12-Year-Olds"

This item has been identified as one that is prohibited for sale or listing on Amazon. Amazon does not allow the sale
of products that promote child exploitation or depict children or characters resembling children in a sexually suggestive
manner. For more information, please refer to the follow seller help page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201174220&qid=1479496841&sr=1-1

you should really appeal this you don't want this on your account. This is probably the bots at work and something about the set set them off. If you appeal hopefully you should be able to correct this as it clearly is not in violation

13 minutes ago, river41 said:

you should really appeal this you don't want this on your account. This is probably the bots at work and something about the set set them off. If you appeal hopefully you should be able to correct this as it clearly is not in violation

There shouldn't be nothing to appeal. I think they were just notifying me that they pulled the listing.

9 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:
of products that promote child exploitation or depict children or characters resembling children in a sexually
suggestive manner. For more information, please refer to the follow seller help page:

of products that promote child exploitation or depict children or characters resembling children in a sexually suggestive

I think this one has to do with child exploitation. She is carrying crates and stuff...as a kid character.

• Like 1

Just a heads up if you also sell internationally on the Mexico amazon platform. Starting a few weeks ago you can go to a seller's storefront on that platform and the website displays the store owners USA name (or LLC name), address, and phone numbers. Brands and companies hired by brands have been using this info to send cease and desist letters, serve lawsuits etc as alot of US sellers also sell globally on Mexico. I don't see a way around this so we pulled all of our Mexico listings and are sticking to the USA and Canada for now.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2019 at 3:02 PM, exciter1 said:

Hello from Amazon,

I contacted Seller support to fix this ridiculousness. Hopefully someone else takes one for the team and does the same for the next listing that gets mis-categorized. 

Edited by cmartin33
  • Like 1

Just now, cmartin33 said:

I contacted Seller support to fix this ridiculousness. Hopefully someone else takes one for the team and does the same for the next listing that gets mis-categorized. 

Thanks, I just had the listing still on my account. I didn't have any product remaining at this time.

54 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

It appears that I'm not going to be able to fix this listing. I got the reply below from Amazon seller support.

I understand your concern is regarding ASIN: B01KILRLS4 being restricted.

I have contacted our catalog team and they have request you to provide the following documents:

The letter is printed on the manufacturer’s letterhead
The letter is signed
ASIN(s)
UPC/EAN(s)
Name of the product
A statement of how the product is not subject to the recall. For example, the seller should describe how the corrected product can be differentiated from the recalled version e.g. new serial numbers, manufactured after X day, etc. Unaffected batch codes and lot numbers will not be reinstated until the Amazon recalls team is satisfied that all inventory on the ASIN, regardless of seller, has been removed.

Obvisouly, I can't provide their requested info. :(

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, redcell said:

Just wait it out. The listings that get tagged by bots for stuff like this generally get sorted out after a while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yeah you would think one of the other major sellers in the listing has more control. I am just frustrated cause I just sent 2 of this product to Amazon to sell.

I emailed Jeff Bezos directly so we'll see if his team can provide any recourse.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, donbee said:

I’ve noticed that newer sets that Amazon have sold now have an alt listing that is Restricted, and has (Renewed) in its title.
Is this new? I’ve never noticed. Check it out.
Search “lego 76101” in the seller app.
DB is also... not right.

I’ve seen a few of the newer sets being restricted as well like 76125 or 41168. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:04 AM, redcell said:

Just wait it out. The listings that get tagged by bots for stuff like this generally get sorted out after a while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

i believe that it does not really get sorted out without someone getting it done

the difference between a flag by a bot as opposed to a complaint is that for a manual complaint every seller that had a complaint needs to individually get it removed

for a complaint by a bot once one seller can show it is incorrect they will reopen the listing and automatically remove the complainant from everyone so it may get sorted out by someone else doing the legwork but if no one does it the listing stays down and the violation remains on your account.

4 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I’ve seen a few of the newer sets being restricted as well like 76125 or 41168. 

This may be a holiday restriction.  Last year, they put a hard gate in on a bunch of listings that had the same message as these (i.e., You must be approved and we aren't accepting applications).  Those were all lifted after Christmas.

2 hours ago, river41 said:

i believe that it does not really get sorted out without someone getting it done

the difference between a flag by a bot as opposed to a complaint is that for a manual complaint every seller that had a complaint needs to individually get it removed

for a complaint by a bot once one seller can show it is incorrect they will reopen the listing and automatically remove the complainant from everyone so it may get sorted out by someone else doing the legwork but if no one does it the listing stays down and the violation remains on your account.

I have no reason to disagree with you on that...I just always figure that if it's a problem for me, then it's a problem for someone else who will take the time to get it sorted out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redcell said:

This may be a holiday restriction.  Last year, they put a hard gate in on a bunch of listings that had the same message as these (i.e., You must be approved and we aren't accepting applications).  Those were all lifted after Christmas.

I have no reason to disagree with you on that...I just always figure that if it's a problem for me, then it's a problem for someone else who will take the time to get it sorted out.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what is going on, but that makes the most sense. I recently had to get ungated for a Star Wars Lego listing, but I received a different message. Took care of that one though.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Simulation-Electronic-Collectible/dp/B07QP49SR5/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Luke+Skywalker+Battle+Simulation+Helmet&qid=1570426793&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1

More fun typos.

"Inspired by the Star Wars saga: whether Piloting an X-Wing or a snowboarder, Luke Skywalker wore his iconic helmet into battle against the empire"

"Battle of Yavin or Battle of hot?: flip the switch inside the helmet to choose between a simulation of Piloting an X-Wing at the Battle of Yavin or a snowboarder at the Battle of hot"

Should be "snowspeeder" and "Battle of Hoth". Good job, Amazon. Professional as always.

Advice needed: I want to upgrading from an individual to professional seller plan on amazon. Will they still let me sell Lego even though I have no official documentation that allows me to sell Lego? I am worried about the documentation that they want when I switch to a professional account. Anyone go through this? Thanks for the help.

Advice needed: I want to upgrading from an individual to professional seller plan on amazon. Will they still let me sell Lego even though I have no official documentation that allows me to sell Lego? I am worried about the documentation that they want when I switch to a professional account. Anyone go through this? Thanks for the help.
Check a few pages back. I switched a few weeks ago - no questions asked.
  • Like 2