Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Check a few pages back. I switched a few weeks ago - no questions asked.

How much storage did they upgrade you to? I’ve been reading the forums and some people saying their storage space did not increase and it’s too late now for Q4 and even Q1 for 2020. I’ve been considering as well but without the storage space doesn’t make sense right now.

18 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

How much storage did they upgrade you to? I’ve been reading the forums and some people saying their storage space did not increase and it’s too late now for Q4 and even Q1 for 2020. I’ve been considering as well but without the storage space doesn’t make sense right now.

I think once you upgrade to a professional seller account you get unlimited storage space. You have to make sure you keep your IPI above 350 though, or your storage space gets cut. Someone with more experience can verify if this is correct or not. 

I got unlimited. IPI is interesting though - I have parked some Christmas inventory early this year ... Hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the behind...

3 hours ago, redcell said:

What are the highlights?

Customer melted product/ thus violating the warranty, sends it back, files A-Z claim and wins

I'm being bullied by my Competitor who is Constantly Buying my products and then leaving negative review the next day that she never received the package

Edited by cladner

Customer melted product/ thus violating the warranty, sends it back, files A-Z claim and wins
I'm being bullied by my Competitor who is Constantly Buying my products and then leaving negative review the next day that she never received the package

Hmmm...is there something wrong with returning a product after you've melted it? Next, you're going to tell me that there's something wrong with filing an A to Z on used toilet papet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Haha 1

"Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: B00KWFCSB2, SKU: 1010057315, Title: "Super Mario Maker - Nintendo Wii U"

This item has been identified as an explosive firearm target. Per Amazon policy, the listing and sale of explosive firearm targets is prohibited.
"

Good job, Amazon.

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

"Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

This item has been identified as an explosive firearm target. Per Amazon policy, the listing and sale of explosive firearm targets is prohibited.
"

Good job, Amazon.

Why can't these automated bots find POSSIBLE problem listings and send to an actual human to verify before taking them down?  Seems like the Amazon marketplace mission statement on everything is "Shoot first, ask questions later."

19 minutes ago, Jackson said:

"Hello from Amazon,

"

Good job, Amazon.

Mario Maker 2 for Switch is so good, some fans use the original for target practice :drag:

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Foreman Porgy said:

I think once you upgrade to a professional seller account you get unlimited storage space. You have to make sure you keep your IPI above 350 though, or your storage space gets cut. Someone with more experience can verify if this is correct or not. 

Going up to 400 in 2020

29 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Do you think the bots will listen? 

9B8B7F97-7C36-4125-AB88-AD25C8477378.jpeg

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8CZICADJ1emHsc8kxosWc7BNHzz2buhPuxDGxGsQqZYS8QgEOc6wm7OSAwTbtCbfSw9pdxJVeoq22qcWia_Lij5HbNbs_M6fgepQZL85HTTkEq4fJJU3Iuw&usqp=CAE

many thousands of these stickers have been peeled by my fat stubby paws and no returned opened boxes.  i plaster the larger boxes.  smaller boxes/cartons get 1 next to the fba sticker.

i don't think bots understand the "please" part.  so polite though .  sometimes i wake up muttering "this is a set do not separate" in a dalek voice. f'ing weird

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, cladner said:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8CZICADJ1emHsc8kxosWc7BNHzz2buhPuxDGxGsQqZYS8QgEOc6wm7OSAwTbtCbfSw9pdxJVeoq22qcWia_Lij5HbNbs_M6fgepQZL85HTTkEq4fJJU3Iuw&usqp=CAE

many thousands of these stickers have been peeled by my fat stubby paws and no returned opened boxes.  i plaster the larger boxes.  smaller boxes/cartons get 1 next to the fba sticker.

i don't think bots understand the "please" part.  so polite though .  sometimes i wake up muttering "this is a set do not separate" in a dalek voice. f'ing weird

I work for an AMZ reseller and I LITERALLY sent him an email about 2 hours ago saying I need more of these, oh I just can't get enough. Sold these 2 LEGO 40346(LEGOLAND park set) to him so you should see those up on AMZ soon for $300

• Like 1

PSA. If Browser Games is on this forum please change your automatic pricing algorithm. As long as you keep undercutting me by one penny, I will keep dropping the price by $2-3 resulting in lost money for everyone. Just match my price and we can both be happy.

Alternatively, if anyone has a good automatic pricing algorithm for Amazon let me know. I haven't tried their built in one yet, but I might have to.

Good luck, there's about a dozen lego resellers who will penny cut you to death. When they go to war on a listing the price drops fast. 

I use Amazon's repricer and it's not bad. You can set it to match the buy box/lowest fba which I use most of the time. You can also have it price your product a certain amount above the buy box which I'll do often against the known penny cutters. They usually dont have much for stock so you just wait them out.

8 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

PSA. If Browser Games is on this forum please change your automatic pricing algorithm. As long as you keep undercutting me by one penny, I will keep dropping the price by $2-3 resulting in lost money for everyone. Just match my price and we can both be happy.

Alternatively, if anyone has a good automatic pricing algorithm for Amazon let me know. I haven't tried their built in one yet, but I might have to.

Perhaps you might also reconsider your pricing strategy.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Most 3rd party repricing software has an option to block certain sellers when it reprices.  This can help when there are some sellers who don't follow logical market pricing strategies.

16 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

This.

Why would you counter a person dropping by $.01 with dropping $2? That doesn't seem like good business logic at all...

Because if I match his pricing, he drops it my $.01 again soon after which means I never sell any LEGO sets.

My strategy is definitely a terrible business strategy but it inflicts as much pain on him as it does me and its the only way I know how to counter it other than maybe finding software to do the same just on items he's selling too.

I'm hoping he'll eventually see that all his listings keep lowering in price and eventually he'll stop doing it. It's the I "play nice" with others mentality until someone decides not to play nice. Then I "play really mean".

• Haha 1