10223 - Kingdoms Joust

Ed Mack

Having lost 100k in the property bubble, a few euros on LEGO is not gonna change much!

This set is not available in any toy shop I have seen i my country and there are very few on EBay and similar. This means it has either been a total bomb or that it has gone under the investor radar.

Either way, there will be less potential buyers than a Star Wars set but as mentioned above the rarity value to the right person will make it do OK if you are patient enough. Luckily I am not tempted to open this one for myself - yet!

Having lost 100k in the property bubble, a few euros on LEGO is not gonna change much!

This set is not available in any toy shop I have seen i my country and there are very few on EBay and similar. This means it has either been a total bomb or that it has gone under the investor radar.

Either way, there will be less potential buyers than a Star Wars set but as mentioned above the rarity value to the right person will make it do OK if you are patient enough. Luckily I am not tempted to open this one for myself - yet!

I know what you're saying and I did have high hopes for this set myself, but seeing the overall performance of the other sets of this line (and there have been other really nice and unique ones) I kind of gave up on this set as a good investment.

Not only will it probably not go as high as other sets for the same price but also you'll need to sell it.

To me SW and modulars are a safer bet, just saying.

If I'm wrong I can make good money out of the sets that I own ^.^ (And I will probably be a little bit sad that I didn't buy more ;-) )

Sopwith and VW are not selling well here either - you can get them below MSRP on EBAY and people are taking a long time to bite. They are also widely available in department stores so there is a lot of stock to get through before they will turn  a profit.

What happens after EOL may be different but I don

I liked this when it came out end of 2011, was sure I'd pick a couple up, then fell off the map for three years. Surprised it was still around. Seems a casualty both of the lack of Kingdoms mojo and overpricing. The only things attractive to me really are the falcon stuff, which now I'd just pick off BL. Probably will have its moment discounted on LEGO Shop at Home on its last legs. Maybe after BM.

Edited by ediebrickette

• 3 weeks later...

Castle sets never appreciate like Batman sets.  Kingdoms Joust is a quality set for $95, but you get what you pay for as they say.  You won't see LEGO discount AA.  

Slow and steady is possible. As long as expectations are reasonable, I see no reason why this won't follow the MMV trajectory...not great, and longer hold time. There is money to be made here, but for small and mid-sized investors might be hard to park your cash here. 

Slow and steady is possible. As long as expectations are reasonable, I see no reason why this won't follow the MMV trajectory...not great, and longer hold time. There is money to be made here, but for small and mid-sized investors might be hard to park your cash here. 

Agree with what you've said though I would argue that MMV is a higher quality set than KJ.

• Like 1