Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Gonkalin said:

Jeff/Ed. Not sure why paying the for service ship has sailed. I have multiple friends that have podcasts that use Patreon  So people can donate. I’d gladly donate on a monthly basis for the service you provide.

Along the same vein as Patreon, there is another venue with Ko-fi. Motto being fans help give support at about the price of a cup of coffee.

5 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Just ignore a bitter old fart like me. My filter is working less and less as the years go by. I never thought I would be a crotchety old geezer, but it happens. My apologies.

Jeff answered you correctly so don’t take it out on him. He said he had a meeting and would answer you later. He also responded nicely to you afterwards. Getting the correct data is time consuming, expensive and difficult. I wish it was as easy as flipping a switch.

Not sure who Jeff is but I was talking to brickvoyer or whatever his name is. 

7 minutes ago, Styopful said:

Not sure who Jeff is but I was talking to brickvoyer or whatever his name is. 

There is Jeff Mack and Ed Mack.  They are two different people.   

I'm getting old too, and I reflect what Ed said about having a shorter fuse, and I work with too many people on a daily basis whom fail to read what is in front of them.  A person whom has 6 posts total, is this Tabby having some fun with a new account?  That is about the level of how much I care to read your posts at the moment.... low.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

There is Jeff Mack and Ed Mack.  They are two different people.   

I'm getting old too, and I reflect what Ed said about having a shorter fuse, and I work with too many people on a daily basis whom fail to read what is in front of them.  A person whom has 6 posts total, is this Tabby having some fun with a new account?  That is about the level of how much I care to read your posts at the moment.... low.

As you get older, you go one of two ways.  Either you get more passive and easy going or the filter shuts off and crap just blurts out.  I am definitely not more passive, even though I try.  

14 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Jeff/Ed. Not sure why paying the for service ship has sailed. I have multiple friends that have podcasts that use Patreon  So people can donate. I’d gladly donate on a monthly basis for the service you provide. @Ed Mack

There is something we are entertaining, but more will be discussed at a later time.  

4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

As you get older, you go one of two ways.  Either you get more passive and easy going or the filter shuts off and crap just blurts out.  I am definitely not more passive, even though I try.  

Yes, I've always heard the mouth and bladder loosen with the same ferocity over time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, Styopful said:

Ok what I am talking about is capturing current value for sets being sold and avg them out etc. etc. In addition to displaying the actual ebay listings. See pic attached. Not sure what your talking about, what else other then that needs to be captured? everything else you need to sort and visualize. 

Brickset.JPG

Do you not see the current value on the top right?

4 hours ago, outatime said:

Hi Guys, My Brickfollio just went up $1500 in Dec 2018 but the months have still not updated?

It's a process.  It takes time to go through each section of the site.  Sometimes, Jeff has to manually correct issues.  I wish it could be easier.

5 hours ago, Styopful said:

Ok and why are you not using bricklinks api? why do you have to use ebay?

As stated above...More sales...Prices are closer to what true value is.

The calculator is pretty dead on every time I use it.  One of the better tools out there for a quick running value to go off of.

Priced 3 or 4 collections the last year alone and all were within a few hundred of the numbers I run when valuing so to save a lot of time can just use the calculator.

So I would say their values are pretty spot on and the process does work as it is.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

The calculator is pretty dead on every time I use it.  One of the better tools out there for a quick running value to go off of.

Priced 3 or 4 collections the last year alone and all were within a few hundred of the numbers I run when valuing so to save a lot of time can just use the calculator.

So I would say their values are pretty spot on and the process does work as it is.

If raven says so, it must be true.  

10 minutes ago, steveviscious89 said:

Oophh...somebody sunk my Queen Anne's Revenge...lol.

Looking into it. As a perfect example to some of the comments I made earlier to the other poster.  This is what throws it off.  Will check why it wasn't caught and omitted in my numbers.

I don't think this is a New set.  There are a few I found in the data

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Annes-Revenge-Set-legoings-4195-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Building-Blocks-/163608320534?oid=293020881589

4 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Looking into it. As a perfect example to some of the comments I made earlier to the other poster.  This is what throws it off.  Will check why it wasn't caught and omitted in my numbers.

I don't think this is a New set.  There are a few I found in the data

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Annes-Revenge-Set-legoings-4195-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Building-Blocks-/163608320534?oid=293020881589

It isn't a new set for sure, but I wasn't really questioning the numbers. Looked to me like it just went for less. 

Edit: Ohhh yeah...that's a knock off there

Edited by steveviscious89

It isn't a new set for sure, but I wasn't really questioning the numbers. Looked to me like it just went for less. 
Edit: Ohhh yeah...that's a knock off there
Legoings.... The new name for Le**n.

Took them a whole week to get back into production after being raided, closed down and the owners arrested...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Legoings.... The new name for Le**n.

Took them a whole week to get back into production after being raided, closed down and the owners arrested...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Damn, there goes all my investments.  I thought Lepin was gone for good and the old sets would appreciate.

On a serious note...I guess there is too much money to be made and it's a large "gang" making them with multiple fronts and members.