Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Petr said:

Hello, I want to ask if anyone knows when the price guide will be updated. It is more then four months since the last time.... Thank you!

Jeff is working on a major update for the entire site.  He will be sending out more information about the improvements shortly.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, Belac said:

Also 10265 mustang

21316 flintstones

41635 lucy

41634 emmet 

I do see that disappearing sets in Brickfolio has been an ongoing issue. the Brickfolio is a way nice feature of this site and trust one day will get dialed in perfect:)

Sadly Battle of Hoth 40333 also has this issue now.  I now have over 20 different sets in my Brickfolio that do not show up due to this glitch.  Really hope we can get these fixed someday. 

FYI still haven't heard back on the last set I identified with this issue months ago.  

On 2/1/2019 at 10:24 AM, CyberLogic said:

Hi Jeff.  I've Identified another set that even though you can add it to your brickfolio it won't actually show up in it, wondering if you can fix it as well.  The set number is 5004195-1.  You can add it to your brickfolio and it makes the total set count go up but then is does not ever shown in your brickfolio.  Due to this my set count is way off as I've added this set a few times now and have no way to edit/remove it since it's not visible in the folio.  Please fix if you can.  Thanks!  

My brickfolio value graph has December 2018 as the last month available... Total is correct and everything it just has no 2019 months. Has anybody else had this problem? Apologies if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, t_mafia said:

My brickfolio value graph has December 2018 as the last month available... Total is correct and everything it just has no 2019 months. Has anybody else had this problem? Apologies if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance!

Yes, I was working on a bunch of updates this weekend, all of the 2019 will be updated very soon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Styopful said:

Little confused here, why isn't your database setup to update itself every so often?

Because the data we get from ebay is not clean, and if you ever take a look at ebay listings, they really aren't the best.  People have no idea how to post stuff, so yes, I have a bunch of scripts and filters, etc, etc , etc.  But then even after I do that, I still don't find everything.  Its not like its a perfect 1 to 1 exact match of set to value.   Do you have any idea how many people put New sets listed as used and vice versa?  I would say that 50% of the listings need to be reviewed. Do you want data or do you want good data?

• Like 5

I would say that 50% of the listings need to be reviewed. Do you want data or do you want good data?

As someone who partners with my company’s Business Intelligence department frequently, I understand the true challenges faced when collecting & analyzing data for storytelling.

That, coupled with the fact that we pay no premium/due for BrickPicker benefits, it seems to me that we get a tremendous benefit for patience.

Thanks Jeff & Ed!!!

Now about my request to be able to download ‘Packing Code’ data... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

13 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Because the data we get from ebay is not clean, and if you ever take a look at ebay listings, they really aren't the best.  People have no idea how to post stuff, so yes, I have a bunch of scripts and filters, etc, etc , etc.  But then even after I do that, I still don't find everything.  Its not like its a perfect 1 to 1 exact match of set to value.   Do you have any idea how many people put New sets listed as used and vice versa?  I would say that 50% of the listings need to be reviewed. Do you want data or do you want good data?

And if I help you guys sort out this problem, are you guys interested?

There is definitely a solution to this.

How does brickset do it?

22 minutes ago, Styopful said:

And if I help you guys sort out this problem, are you guys interested?

There is definitely a solution to this.

How does brickset do it?

Brickset doesn't do it, two totally different websites. Not sure you are looking at the right information.

10 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Brickset doesn't do it, two totally different websites. Not sure you are looking at the right information.

Ok what I am talking about is capturing current value for sets being sold and avg them out etc. etc. In addition to displaying the actual ebay listings. See pic attached. Not sure what your talking about, what else other then that needs to be captured? everything else you need to sort and visualize. 

Brickset.JPG

Well everything about your statement is wrong honestly.  I am about to go into a meeting at work, but later I will explain how this works.   But tell me this, from your screenshot, how would any of those listings tell you what the current value of a sold LEGO #75158 is?

1 hour ago, Styopful said:

Ok what I am talking about is capturing current value for sets being sold and avg them out etc. etc. In addition to displaying the actual ebay listings. See pic attached. Not sure what your talking about, what else other then that needs to be captured? everything else you need to sort and visualize. 

Brickset.JPG

We get SOLD data.  The data you are referencing is what people are asking for.  If some whacko asks $10,000.00 for a $30 set, is that an accurate estimated value for the set?  What you ask for is worthless information.  The important information is what the auction sold for.