Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

On 5/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, steveviscious89 said:

Yep ebay listings are super sketchy. I've been under the assumption that he was doing it manually this whole time.

There are thousands of different LEGO sets sold every month on eBay with multiple (dozens, if not hundreds for some) auctions from each.  There is no way to manually do this unless you had nothing better to do or a team of people helping you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

We get SOLD data.  The data you are referencing is what people are asking for.  If some whacko asks $10,000.00 for a $30 set, is that an accurate estimated value for the set?  What you ask for is worthless information.  The important information is what the auction sold for.  

No need to get angry, all I was trying to do is help you guys, you don’t want my help that fine I’ll take my portfolio and go else where or better yet create a new website and compete with you guys. 

Its as simple looking at the sold and completed fields when pulling data from eBay. I’m sorry for trying to help.

1 minute ago, Styopful said:

No need to get angry, all I was trying to do is help you guys, you don’t want my help that fine I’ll take my portfolio and go else where or better yet create a new website and compete with you guys. 

Its as simple looking at the sold and completed fields when pulling data from eBay. I’m sorry for trying to help.

Sounds like a plan and very easy to implement.  Good luck...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Styopful said:

Just a side note, the tone @Ed Mack used in the response to you was pretty neutral.  If you surmised anger from that post, most likely you are not going to have a very good experience when the time comes to sell your LEGO.

• Like 1

Technically he is right, you can create a site where you just average out all the new and used eBay sold listings for a set number. The problem is that people who would use that data would not know how "unclean" that data is, with the fakes, the misclassifieds, the part-outs, the no-box listings etc. , which renders the data useless....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If the management were to decide to bring in a small subscription charge to cover the cost of ensuring up to date information, especially from the UK :-) then I for one would be happy to pay.....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just a side note, the tone @Ed Mack used in the response to you was pretty neutral.  If you surmised anger from that post, most likely you are not going to have a very good experience when the time comes to sell your LEGO.

I thought it was neutral...For me anyway.   I guess the capital letters (SOLD) offended some people. I did wish them well.  

28 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If the management were to decide to bring in a small subscription charge to cover the cost of ensuring up to date information, especially from the UK ? then I for one would be happy to pay.....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think that opportunity has passed.  Sorry.

Its all good. I had no ill will, I appreciated that were willing to help.  It's just not as easy as everyone thinks when you are dealing with ALL sets from ALL time.  eBay and the parter-outers kill me and the morons that don't know the difference between used and new is the largest part of the issue.  I was just trying to get the point across in that screenshot that 98% of would need to be scratched, so no that isn't a good way to do it and eBay would shut you down anyhow.

I have been having a lot of fun reworking the site.  Getting rid of tons of useless crap and bringing in information that is useful to todays LEGO investor.   The updated site will have a home page that you will actually give a crap about and be there to help you.  Updated price guide with new information and trying my best to rework the brickfolio to something that is more usable.  The rest will disappear and I will bring certain current reports back or new reports in over time.  Its an all new Bootstrap 4 template that will work nice on mobile and hopefully it can help convert into an app later.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Honestly all downhill when you create an acronym like ***  unknowingly.

Hit a plateau pretty early on.    Not like you can outdo that.  

Hmm didn't know T I T was not allowed

I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

When Jeff unveiled the target inventory tracker I said you do know what acronym it gives it...

He goes oops didn't think about that. 

Can't find the original thread.  

Gotcha...I can't remember my name some days.  I'm done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Sounds like a plan and very easy to implement.  Good luck...

No one ever said it was easy? That’s why I was willing to help you guys build on something already working. But ya people here are easy to jump the gun and make fun of others as if they know it all.

4 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fb64cac4623bf519082e0075b4b1ff7c.jpeg

No one was talking to you. But ya I will take my ball and go home. I don’t see you trying, helping, or commenting, so Shut d F Up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

Just a quick question went this the minifigures price guide going to be update with new prices.

And let me guess - You would like to offer to help out with the updates (because it really shouldn't be so hard).

• Like 1

No one was talking to you. But ya I will take my ball and go home. I don’t see you trying, helping, or commenting, so Shut d F Up

Just ignore a bitter old fart like me. My filter is working less and less as the years go by. I never thought I would be a crotchety old geezer, but it happens. My apologies.

Jeff answered you correctly so don’t take it out on him. He said he had a meeting and would answer you later. He also responded nicely to you afterwards. Getting the correct data is time consuming, expensive and difficult. I wish it was as easy as flipping a switch.