40109 - MINI Cooper Mini Model

TheOrcKing

Any idea what price polybags usually end up at after promos?

They are usually anywhere between $7 -$12 for a polybag. When the polybag was just released as a promo, it could sell for $20+. Of course there are some polybags that aren't very valuable to begin with, such as the TMNT Flashback Shredder.

I am holding on to any I get (3 so far) until the Mini retires.  They don't take up much space, and mini Camper Van (40079) sells for $25-$40 US on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+40079&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Granted, the mini Camper Van is a much nicer model, but I think this could hit that range when the big one retires.  If you don't want to wait that long, then the sooner you sell the better.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 8 of these. Should I just put these up now in my Bricklink store for $20 or wait? Or put 4 up now and 4 up later? Not sure which way this one is gonna go.

I sold one in my BrickLink store about a month ago for $18 but have had two more hanging there since then.  I think that many of the people who buy on BrickLink are the same ones who would be aware enough of promos to get a copy directly if they were really interested.  I'm sure that they will sell eventually, but everything on that site is about patience.

sold most as I was getting last month 25-30 of them at $18-20, $20 at the beginning and 17.99 towards the end.  Sold about 6 combos with the cooper and those did very well and I agree keeping them together makes a great combo / selling feature.  Only have about 5 left and just keeping them for combos.  If they hit $30 like T1 6 months to year out then so be it but close to $20 average was to good of a discount to pass up.  Bought a lot of $100 sets so it worked out well.  Almost 30% off with the points and the overlap polybag periods of Shredder and Fire Bike.

I sold all but the one I kept for $20 each and I don't feel bad about it at all.

Nor should you! It might be a good selling feature, but the Cooper might have a run like the T1, which means you'd be holding for years.  I'd take the cash now or in the next little bit, but that's just me.

Nor should you! It might be a good selling feature, but the Cooper might have a run like the T1, which means you'd be holding for years.  I'd take the cash now or in the next little bit, but that's just me.

Yeah, I mean, I don't know why anyone would be holding Minis a month after release...but if you're insane enough to do that, then I'd hypothetically hold the polybag with it too :P

• 1 month later...

I have one mini polybag and don't know if I should sell it now.  My plan for most of my stuff is hold and wait but sometimes that can work against you once the hype has died down.  They are fetching close to $20 and I think that's pretty good for being a freebie.  Is it unrealistic to think that this would hit any higher down the road?  It is a polybag after all......

I have one mini polybag and don't know if I should sell it now.  My plan for most of my stuff is hold and wait but sometimes that can work against you once the hype has died down.  They are fetching close to $20 and I think that's pretty good for being a freebie.  Is it unrealistic to think that this would hit any higher down the road?  It is a polybag after all......

The VW was only a poly...(granted, it was cooler and had the VW marking) - I think if you are going to hold it, do so and sell it with the full size Mini in the distant future.