40109 - MINI Cooper Mini Model

TheOrcKing

So basically it's a mini of a mini. ....Did I just blow your mind?! :blink:

You just blew my mind! The mini version of the mini would be great to sell with the mini.

It looks like this will be a promo of some sort. Maybe it will be the promo when the 10242 comes out.

You just blew my mind! The mini version of the mini would be great to sell with the mini.

It looks like this will be a promo of some sort. Maybe it will be the promo when the 10242 comes out.

Agreed, the large model plus the polybag version should make a perfect duo selling together as a bundle and chances are the polybag will be a Shop-at-Home promo same way the Camper one was.

If this one blows up the same way that the mini of the T1 one did then we should try to get as many of these as we can. It's ridiculous how well that mini T1 does.

Exactly what I am thinking. I still have a couple of mini T1s and wish we had better access here to all the cheap sets in the Lego stores overseas. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

No doubt eBay buyers will be paying silly money for this promo like they did with the small VW Camper.  This is why I'm going to place muitiple orders! ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

I just can't see it, this doesn't resemble a mini. Maybe the name on the packet alone is enough to sell it, but for me it looks poor

I'm the same but, there will be people who want it because it's limited.  The small VW Camper didn't float my boat either but, I did very well out of them.

My first impression is meh on this one.  After TheOrcKing posted the 3d render from different angles, it looks better, but I think you'd be hard pressed to have people say that it's a classic mini without telling them first.  This just looks like a generic green Lego car, albeit a pretty good one.

One of the things that made the mini VW camper great is the fact that it looks unmistakenly like a VW camper.  It also had the VW logo sticker for the front.  I'm usually not one to advocate for stickers, but I think the mini mini cooper would be improved by having a sticker for the white hood stripes.

• 3 weeks later...