LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 years later...

Im not in US. Can i use my credit card (not US address) to buy lego from Shop@Home, ship to my friend's address in US, and then ask them to send to me?

Will this method work? 

I agree with what Greg says. Also if your friend buys lego from LEGO Shop at Home then there is a chance he will get banned. 

Banning is stupid but they do it. Seeing what people are getting banned for now is crazy. I probably spent 60k, tons of freebies, maxed all the points before I was banned. Any serious builders cannot buy quantity from Lego and that is stupid. But, that is how it is. I have a few proxy buyers now, but I don't use them much, so they won't get banned as well. I do miss the freebies and minifigs.

• 4 weeks later...

thought I would add my .02 cents here: as some may already know I am not a reseller, just a collector, and recently had my LEGO Shop at Home orders being cancelled automatically.  For reference I had been placing average 2-4 orders from LEGO Shop at Home per month usually single items or if it was a seasonal promo like Painting Easter Eggs or Valentines Day i would order 2 of those sets, and never more than 1 of any exclusive set and I never had any issues.  Right before my problems started I placed an order for a DO and about 2 weeks later ordered another so I could make a MOC and expand it (and this was the first time I ordered more than 1 exclusive).  In between I also ordered some small pieces from the pick a brick website.  For the large orders I had them sent to my work so I could sign for the packages and for the pick a brick orders I had sent to my home since I knew they would fit into my mailbox.  My guess is that as a result of the orders with different shipping address - although I have used those 2 addresses for the past several years - my account was flagged and all orders I tried to place after the 2nd DO are cancelled automatically.

Now each time I place an order I phone as soon as I see it is cancelled and they push my order thru to "review" and then 2 days later or so it goes thru.   My guess is they check my purchase history each time?  The customer service people have been very helpful and friendly through the process but did alert me that my orders would likely be cancelled automatically over the next couple of months and I should keep close watch on my orders and phone in each time I see cancelled.

Not sure if this info helps anyone but I guess it is worth a phone call if you could be in a similar situation as I am...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody else get the below email? Does this mean I'm banned? I did make a bunch of orders (around 25) on October 13th recently to get lots of holiday trains and 2X VIP but I always stayed within their limits with a few exceptions (ordered 2 Pet shops and 2 Red Fives even though I've ordered 2 of each 6+ months earlier). Other than that though I've mostly stayed under the limits treating them as lifetime limits. For what it's worth, I did receive most all my recent orders though. 

Thanks for your interest in LEGO® toys.

LEGO.com/service, LEGO.com/shop and the LEGO Stores are dedicated direct-to-consumer sales channels. In order to provide the highest possible level of service to our consumers, we have instituted a policy of not selling or shipping products or individual bricks and pieces to retailers or business owners/companies via these channels.

Due to our policies, your recent order couldn’t be processed and has been cancelled. Any future orders will also be cancelled.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.

Did anybody else get the below email? Does this mean I'm banned? I did make a bunch of orders (around 25) on October 13th recently to get lots of holiday trains and 2X VIP but I always stayed within their limits with a few exceptions (ordered 2 Pet shops and 2 Red Fives even though I've ordered 2 of each 6+ months earlier). Other than that though I've mostly stayed under the limits treating them as lifetime limits. For what it's worth, I did receive most all my recent orders though. 

LEGO.com/service, LEGO.com/shop and the LEGO Stores are dedicated direct-to-consumer sales channels. In order to provide the highest possible level of service to our consumers, we have instituted a policy of not selling or shipping products or individual bricks and pieces to retailers or business owners/companies via these channels.

Due to our policies, your recent order couldn’t be processed and has been cancelled. Any future orders will also be cancelled.

Hammer time, unfortunately.

You are banned.  Sorry.

Are you sure? I would call them and ask for a confirmation.

I'm too scared to call. It looks like my "in warehouse" and "back-ordered" items haven't been cancelled yet though on the bright side. The only items that have been cancelled were the Birthday Table Decoration (40153) which is dumb because I only ordered 5 and there is supposedly no limit for those.

Sorry to hear this.  But thanks for being honest about your purchase history.  So many people get banned and they swear they only placed one order in the last six months or whatever.  "Officer I swear I only had two beers.  Just two..."

• Like 2