LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 years later...

How could a low-cost item like a card holder be the trigger for a ban? I can think of a dozen legit reasons why you would want 20 of those things as a non-reseller.

Doesn't matter if you have legit reasons or not, exceeding the specified limit stated by Lego could now be a no-no. Unless you have any other theories?

edit: Looks like dcdfan may have another theory.

Edited by jkaesler

CSI: Lego Ban Team: Europe

-Looks like we've cracked the case chief. We've cross referenced this user name in a highly complicated online algorithm called "Google". This Low Life Quick Flipper has been buying from us and getting end-user discounts and freebies then sells them at a markup to lazy consumers with more money then sense. Makes me sick.

-I guess you've BUILT a great case. [crickets]

------YYYYYYYYEOOOWWWWWW

ustv_csi_miami_horatio.jpg

• Like 8

CSI: Lego Ban Team: Europe

-Looks like we've cracked the case chief. We've cross referenced this user name in a highly complicated online algorithm called "Google". This Low Life Quick Flipper has been buying from us and getting end-user discounts and freebies then sells them at a markup to lazy consumers with more money then sense. Makes me sick.

-I guess you've BUILT a great case. [crickets]

------YYYYYYYYEOOOWWWWWW

ustv_csi_miami_horatio.jpg

The Horatio Caine sunglass stare!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznsEcZlM2I

I expected this to happen. All the signs were there that Europe and maybe Asia would be next. I fear many bans here in Europe cause many thought this would not happen here and maybe pushed their luck.

Good to see they were happy to fulfill the orders of their dud products that were going rotten in storage......

Edited by valenciaeric

The "Lego Ban" people are well versed in Bricklink, et all. Is your BL username the same as here, but with one more letter? If so, I found your Bricklink store already...

No, my BL name is different. Different and longer name ;)

I haven't received one, but reading this thread, the email says something about 'contact our wholesalers for future bulk purchases'.

Have any banned folks pursued this avenue? I wonder if they offer some sort of bulk reseller deal for businesses. I've never seen any links to business/corporate sales on shop at home though... I know at my work (also retail) if people ask/think/know to order through wholesale they get 10% off or something. 

Edit: Of course, there's always some fine print, I think in our case for people to get the discount X dollars need to be spent at once. 

Edited by Zelgazra

I haven't received one, but reading this thread, the email says something about 'contact our wholesalers for future bulk purchases'.

Have any banned folks pursued this avenue? I wonder if they offer some sort of bulk reseller deal for businesses. I've never seen any links to business/corporate sales on shop at home though... I know at my work (also retail) if people ask/think/know to order through wholesale they get 10% off or something. 

Edit: Of course, there's always some fine print, I think in our case for people to get the discount X dollars need to be spent at once. 

You have to have a brick and mortar toy store to be eligible. You cannot choose which sets you get either.

I can't remember where but there's a thread about buying qty from Lego & basically IIRC you need to buy every line...& I believe the discount was 30%...?

I can't remember where but there's a thread about buying qty from Lego & basically IIRC you need to buy every line...& I believe the discount was 30%...?

based on what i read requirement were (if my memory serves me right. this was about 2 years ago. now must be even tighter):

1. have to have a b&m store

2. lego should not be more than 30% of what you carry.

3. one has to carry at least 8 product lines ( you can choose but at least 8. product line means, creator, friends, chima, starwar etc... meaning one is going to get stuck with duds )

4. one won't get exclusives (hard to find, or Target or TRU or Walmart or anything else that's branded exclusive no exception .. someone wanted to get kingdom joust at the time and didn't get it ;) )

5. discount is 20%  but one won't get free shipping rather discounted shipping.

6. there is 12 months wait period.

i believe this has been discussed in detail in brickset. 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

based on what i read requirement were (if my memory serves me right. this was about 2 years ago. now must be even tighter):

1. have to have a b&m store

2. lego should not be more than 30% of what you carry.

3. one has to carry at least 8 product lines ( you can choose but at least 8. product line means, creator, friends, chima, starwar etc... meaning one is going to get stuck with duds )

4. one won't get exclusives (hard to find, or Target or TRU or Walmart or anything else that's branded exclusive no exception .. someone wanted to get kingdom joust at the time and didn't get it ;) )

5. discount is 20%  but one won't get free shipping rather discounted shipping.

6. there is 12 months wait period.

i believe this has been discussed in detail in brickset. 

but that's  USA policy - isn't Europe different?

No exclusives. Brick and mortar store. Two major toy brands besides LEGO in store. 20-30% discount.

Isn't there also a requirement around the % of your business that has to come from non-Lego sales?  Also, there are certainly non-B&M retailers with wholesale accounts (e.g., Entertainment Earth) and I've never been clear on how those types of accounts work, but I am assuming that you have to be doing something very different to get one.

The thing that baffles me the most about LEGO SAH bans is the fact that they offer limits of say 5 on Ewok Village. What "regular" LEGO fan/customer is buying 5 of a set like that? I mean, that has to set of a huge red flag, but if they don't want to sell to resellers, why offers limit numbers like that?

Isn't there also a requirement around the % of your business that has to come from non-Lego sales?  Also, there are certainly non-B&M retailers with wholesale accounts (e.g., Entertainment Earth) and I've never been clear on how those types of accounts work, but I am assuming that you have to be doing something very different to get one.

i believe in US they are not looking for online-only sellers. so i am guessing entertainment earth; thinkgeeks are all grandfathered-in.

but that's  USA policy - isn't Europe different?

surely. i was talking about US only though.

i believe in US they are not looking for online-only sellers. so i am guessing entertainment earth; thinkgeeks are all grandfathered-in.

surely. i was talking about US only though.

Those are definitely US requirements. Lego wouldn´t sell anything if they applied those criteria in smaller countries.

The thing that baffles me the most about LEGO SAH bans is the fact that they offer limits of say 5 on Ewok Village. What "regular" LEGO fan/customer is buying 5 of a set like that? I mean, that has to set of a huge red flag, but if they don't want to sell to resellers, why offers limit numbers like that?

sorry.. if they really didn't put the limit then likes of "raven" will gobble up everything and all you and I could do was sniff on the pictures... trust me when i say that there are very very big player in this game.

there are some heavy hitters who i believe gobble up over 500 of those sets you named just to part out at "ONE TIME". :)

so although 5 may seem ridiculously high but that's a reasonable number in a family who are LEGO enthusiast. i am not saying five each of every exclusives but 5 of a kind ;). not all SW enthusiasts will go and buy simpson house for that matter . 

Edited by newbie77