10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I've got a feeling that tower bridge will retire towards the end of this year. It recently sold out with SOH & ghost buster hq. I think tower bridge is the 4th largest set lego have released has been out for 5 years and still is and looks like a great set very nice display piece

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malachi1984 said:

I've got a feeling that tower bridge will retire towards the end of this year. 

I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside

Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's right

I've got a feeling, TB will never die

Oh no, no, oh no, oh no

But yeah it looks great.  New York gets all the small Architecture Sets, London gets all the multithousand piece creator sets.  where's the fairness.  what i wouldn't give for a 4000 piece Empire State  Chrysler Building, George Washington, Verranzo Narrows, or Brooklyn Bridge.  Cmon LEGO - giddyup.

• Like 3

I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside

Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's right

I've got a feeling, TB will never die

Oh no, no, oh no, oh no

But yeah it looks great.  New York gets all the small Architecture Sets, London gets all the multithousand piece creator sets.  where's the fairness.  what i wouldn't give for a 4000 piece Empire State  Chrysler Building, George Washington, Verranzo Narrows, or Brooklyn Bridge.  Cmon LEGO - giddyup.

Would be nice if they released the golden gate Bridge

• Like 1

Lasr night I decided to crack one of these open and build it given the length of time this thing will be available still.

My table isn't big enough for building it and placing enough containers to sort pieces into.  

Thank God newer sets come with numbered bags. 

2 hours ago, Yinchuan said:

Numbered bags have nothing to do with newer sets. This is an expert set and part of the challenge is the sorting.

Actually they do.  Every big set in the last couple of years have all had numbered bags.  I've built pretty much every single big set for the last 3 years and with the exception of a couple older sets that were still in production, everything has had a numbered bag.

a522973f812150bda03dd7bb6fe79350.jpg Finished building one of mine earlier really enjoyed the build Before anyone says anything it wasn't easy building this bad boy upside down lol

Imagine how many you could buy if you sold your anti-gravity technology whose effect is displayed in the picture!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Lasr night I decided to crack one of these open and build it given the length of time this thing will be available still.

My table isn't big enough for building it and placing enough containers to sort pieces into.  

Thank God newer sets come with numbered bags. 

I actually got my TB used.... so I had to build it with all 4k+ pieces. It was fun! :D

First set I've built with no numbered bags it was fun tried sorting the pieces out but gave up biggest and best set I've built so far 2nd being the sandcrawler if this has been out for a few years it looks really nice & will still look nice in the future probably going to get ewok village or slave 1 & ghost buster hq this month

• Like 1

I was a bit nervous too about not having the numbered bags but used my old advent calendar boxes to sort the main bricks etc and then the rest on my desk.... Fun build and accomplishment once built for sure.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I built one tower to a certain point then started the other but that's what I liked about building it you can build one full tower or both at the same time you can even build the bridges before the towers so that's why the bags might not be numbered it's all symmetrical. Would of liked it if they added little info in the manual about the team that designed the model I would say to anyone thinking of building it is to make sure you have somewhere to display it. After the towers are built that's when you start to realise just how big it really is

• Like 2

Is it just me, or am I the odd one who never sorts my pieces???  My wife always sorts her pieces out, even with the numbered bags, and for some reason it drives me nuts.  I don't know why, but I open a bag and keep the contents together of the bag, and then just get right to town.

Oh yeah and on that note, when my TB fell down from it's display a while back, I just took most of it apart and just threw it all on the table and rebuilt that bad boy.  Granted there were a handful of tiny sections that were still in tact and didn't need to be taken apart, but I would say that I had to rebuild a good 95%-97% of the set from scratch.

Anyone else around that doesn't sort their pieces out?

• Like 3

I guess having spent a childhood building LEGO contraptions from a large tote full of random bricks has set me up for enjoying the non-sorted LEGO building experience just like you. I just get started with the build, the search is part of the fun. Though nowadays I do like having the already built and then broken down set pieces sorted at least somehow, but maintaining a sorted collection is just not in a child's nature - my kids do not respect the sorted boxes :)

5 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

Is it just me, or am I the odd one who never sorts my pieces???  My wife always sorts her pieces out, even with the numbered bags, and for some reason it drives me nuts.  I don't know why, but I open a bag and keep the contents together of the bag, and then just get right to town.

Oh yeah and on that note, when my TB fell down from it's display a while back, I just took most of it apart and just threw it all on the table and rebuilt that bad boy.  Granted there were a handful of tiny sections that were still in tact and didn't need to be taken apart, but I would say that I had to rebuild a good 95%-97% of the set from scratch.

I just dump the bags out and go. Finding the piece is part of it for me. I grew up on expert and technic so I'm used to it.

My wife also sorts them out. She keeps the house in order too so it makes sense. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

I don't know why, but I open a bag and keep the contents together of the bag, and then just get right to town.

95% of the time I do the exact same thing - Lego basically sorts the bags for you and I pour each bag onto a separate plate and go from there.  Tower Bridge has been one of the few exceptions where I did sort them out.

I just normally leave everything in the bags instead of sorting the pieces out

Just now, Malachi1984 said:

I just normally leave everything in the bags instead of sorting the pieces out

I've tried this and it can be a real pain for sets that don't have numbers.  It's easier for me to sort and generally know where the pieces are on the table.

• Like 2