***Introducing Private Groups***

Yes I fully understand all the various things it can be used for, but the point is, what is there so different that cannot be achieved via multi participant private messaging?

Well the main thing is that you can have more than 6 people in the Private group.  The groups can have as many people as you want.  PMs have 6

Next thing you know you'll need to get a license to dispense Lego investing advice. Glen Beck will stop pushing gold and switch to Lego, there will be hour long infomercials at 3am showing happy people at some water front house talking about how they made their fortune in Lego and you can too if you buy this system for 5 easy payments of $199.99.

Hey! Want to start a private forum to start working that idea?  JK

• 5 months later...

Who disappeared? I don't get the YouTube clip?

Commercial from local Phila 17 when we were kids he opens with "Hey where did everybody go"

Probably just seasonal as I joined last Xmas season can't recall if I lurked and if so for how long but noticed some members with high posts counts that used to post in DD thread stopped. So in my mind I thought they were using the private group function.

• 6 months later...

I don't think they are doing private groups anymore. But you can have an Irish thread if you want. I know there's an Australian one and a German one as well.

​This pretty much sums it up.   The groups feature is long gone, but you can create an Irish thread.  nothing wrong with that.