FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014

Bold-Arrow

only 8 more games left and I'm already getting depressed :(

alrighty then, lets hear your predictions for the quarter finals:

Germany > France ( I need to win that free Gunship after all)

Brazil > Columbia ( too close of a game)

Costa Rica > Netherlands ( go underdogs)

Argentina > Belgium ( Messi continues to shine)

Congrats Belgium, should have been 5-0 if not for Howard.  I think the Altidore injury killed us, he would have done well and scored in my opinion.

Until our best athletes choose soccer over football and basketball, we might never make it to the top. 

only 8 more games left and I'm already getting depressed :(

alrighty then, lets hear your predictions for the quarter finals:

Germany > France ( I need to win that free Gunship after all)

Brazil > Columbia ( too close of a game)

Costa Rica > Netherlands ( go underdogs)

Argentina > Belgium ( Messi continues to shine)

Allright, here's my eight (4x2) cents:

Germany v France:

Based on history and the fact that the German team is currently ranked 2 in the world (behind Spain) many people would call them the favorites. However, after their very good performance against Portugal, they've struggled in all their other games (draw against Ghana, narrow win against the USA and having to go to extra time v Algeria). On the other hand I've been impressed with the French. They've won 3 of their 4 games quite comfortably, of course that 0-0 against Ecuador was a little disappointing but that match didn't really matter that much as the French knew a point would be enough to win the group. Their organisation is solid and they've got a very clinical finisher in Benzema. This match could go either way but I'm going to go out on a limb and say 2-1 to France. If it goes to penalties I favor the Germans though.

Brazil v Colombia:

If I was Brazilian, I wouldn't feel comfortable about this fixture at all. Brazil was just a few inches away from elimination against Chile. The Colombians play the same fastpaced energetic game, but unlike the Chileans they have got a great goalscorer up front with James Rodriguez who has already netted five. That was enough for the golden boot four years ago, it won't be this time. Based on the teams form so far I am going to say Colombia are going to kick out the hosts: 2-0. However I hope Brazil do find some more of Neymar's magic and pull through after all because the tournament will be better for it. They are going to have to dig deep though.

Costa Rica v Netherlands:

Pretty fair to say that Costa Rica are the most surprising quarterfinalist and the Dutch are certainly the favorites in this match. They shouldn't take the game lightly as Bryan Ruiz is a great player who knows the Dutch game well by playing in our league for several years. However not the whole team can match his level. And of course the Dutch already have the experience of playing against two other Latin American countries (both of which I rank higher). 3-1 to  Louis van Gaal's boys.

Argentina v Belgium:

Another hard one to predict. Both teams won their group as expected but with disappointing play. The Belgians seem to have found their form in time against the U.S. while Argentina still struggled against Switzerland. However it has to be said that the U.S. gave away a lot more space than the better organized Swiss (that game anyway). And the Belgians need a lot of chances to score while Lionel Messi justs needs that one good chance. I am hoping for a Belgian win, but if I would have to bet my Lego collection on it, I would say Argentina 1-0.

My prediction:

Germany vs. France 3 - 2

Brazil vs. Colombia 2 - 2 (Brazil wins after penalty shootout)

Argentina vs. Belgium 1 - 1 (Belgium wins after penalty shootout)

Netherlands vs. Osta Crica 3 - 1

My french prediction lol :

Germany vs. France 1 - 3

Brazil vs. Colombia 1 - 2

Argentina vs. Belgium 2 - 0

Netherlands vs. Osta Crica 3 - 1

Than you will have a bad weekend.

They cannot really spoil my weekend its more ''rooting'' than actual rooting... just prefering these 4 teams to advance over the other 4.....

In the end I do not care who is the WC champion this year.... I just hope its not Argentina or Germany :P Never liked these 2 countries in terms of football and first one is partially due to Messi :P

They cannot really spoil my weekend its more ''rooting'' than actual rooting... just prefering these 4 teams to advance over the other 4.....

In the end I do not care who is the WC champion this year.... I just hope its not Argentina or Germany :P Never liked these 2 countries in terms of football and first one is partially due to Messi :P

I can't understand how anyone can claim to love football but not appreciate Lionel Messi. A beautiful stylist and also a true gentleman on and off the field.

The rest of the Argentina team are mediocre, and their matches have not been entertaining because of this, I'll give you that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

I can't understand how anyone can claim to love football but not appreciate Lionel Messi. A beautiful stylist and also a true gentleman on and off the field.

The rest of the Argentina team are mediocre, and their matches have not been entertaining because of this, I'll give you that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Messi is a Dachshund.

In previous world cups, European Championships, if you took the 1st letter from each country in the semi-finals you can arrange those 4 letters into a word.  Examples are figs, pigs, guns.  This year could really go out with a bang... just a theory.