5002123 - Darth Revan

Mos_Eisley

Place your bets!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars key chain will be the first to disappear on September 30, 2016?

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Vader
    • Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    • Boba Fett
    • Yoda
    • Chewbacca
    • Wicket
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    • Finn
    • Rey
    • BB-8
    • Poe Dameron

CONS:

2) You have to buy 75.00 worth of Star Wars. With the current LEGO offerings.. IMO, 75.00 is a hard price point to nail on the head.  You're either going to go R2D2/Sandcrawler/Village/Barge/Palace and overpay....or you're going to have to stock up on a bunch of ticky-tack sets that IMO, aren't very desirable right now.  Even most of the sets that are in the 45.00/75.00 range that are on the verge of retiring/sold out aren't very good.  Y-Wing?, Vizla's Fighter?,Gungan Sub?.....even Rancor Pit (with all the discounts we've seen)....I'd feel dirty if I bought that at full price and had it sit there for a couple of years.  There is a tough "Path to Revan" for those of us who just want to get the figure and not spend a lot of money. 

This is my thought too, if the next wave was out this would be killer, but there are just too many sets that I'm not interested in.

If they could get a Sail Barge down to where we've seen other deals, I would finally bite on one of those.

This is my thought too, if the next wave was out this would be killer, but there are just too many sets that I'm not interested in.

If they could get a Sail Barge down to where we've seen other deals, I would finally bite on one of those.

Yeah...if they give a decent sale...that would be great.

There are those that know more than me on the success of the set....but if I had to bet on a particular set that they would 30-50% off for May 4th....I'd go with the Red 5 UCS.  Death Star and SSD are too expensive.  Sand Crawler and Ewok Village are too new.  If the sales of 10240 have been down over the past year.....I imagine they want to clear that one out. 

• Like 1

Now would be a great time to re-read the thread from last may the fourth and laugh at all the naysayers on the B-wing.

Its not even on retail yet... and its been 1 year lol....

hardly anything to be happy about... If it would be 300$ today Id say I was wrong ;) 

So anyone who follows LEGO on the internet (which is everyone and their dog) knows about this promotion by now. I have some points and suggestions/comments to make on this interesting promotion.

post-33703-0-47536000-1396129956.jpg

1. "Always two there are, an opened, and an investment. No more. No less."

"But which one was purchased? The opened, or the invested?" *
I personally will be getting two either way I think, one for my own collection and one to invest in. After all, if I buy stuff I would anyways, I didn't really lose anything. I just made less money than I thought. And he IS a cool looking figure. Well designed, and goes great with the other EU sets.

2. Speaking of EU, this is something that will affect the value of the figure. He's not necessarily a mainstream character...just like Martian Manhunter though, he's a POPULAR non-mainstream character. This could go either way for investors, though. I think Super Heroes is generally a safer bet than Star Wars though. It's hard to say how much this could go for, but if point number 3 is any indication, he could go for a nice $25.

3. TC-14. That droid that was seen for 10 seconds in Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace. He was a May the 4th figure, maybe the first, but I can't remember for sure though. But he is selling for about $15-25 on eBay and the secondary market. My only question is, why? Other than rarity, there's not too much more to the figure. He's a silver C-3PO, and that's it. To me, Gold holds more value than Silver, if you catch my meanin'. Darth Revan is different, he's a very cool looking figure to me. I don't see why he couldn't go for $25+ within a year or so.

4. Rarity plays a fairly large part of the value, I understand that. And if it's a promotion open for 3 days, it's going to be pretty rare, is how I see it. You can only get this figure from May 3rd-5th, probably meaning a lot less will be produced. However, that's not to say you won't see him again at other Star Wars/LEGO SW events. After all, I got my own TC-14 at the LEGO Kidsfest in Portland last year. They were handing them out to anyone wearing a Star Wars or LEGO SW shirt. I didn't even know about that, so lucky me! Anyways, he probably won't be EXCLUSIVELY exclusive forever. However, he may be exclusive enough to get some good money out of him.

5. $75 of Star Wars LEGOs. I don't know about you, but it is pretty easy to rack up $75 worth of sets with only 2-3 small items in your cart. LEGO is expensive. I don't know how thrilled parents would be about trying to spend $75 on LEGOs unless a birthday was coming up. How many would that be? I know parents would be hitting their heads if they just bought cool Star Wars, and then a couple months later, their kids are begging for new summer release sets. They would rather spend "less" money on eBay. I say less because we investors wouldn't really see that the same way. :)

So that's most of my thoughts on this promotion. Can you let me know what you think, and confirm or deny my own suspicions and comments?

*Yes, I know that it was Darth Bane who established the "Rule of Two," for any SW fanboys who might get on my back or something. :P

• Like 1

*Yes, I know that it was Darth Bane who established the "Rule of Two," for any SW fanboys who might get on my back or something. :P

I thinking about that when I was reading that. My only comment is that the minifigure will be rare for only a while. Eventually people will be getting them from different places like you mentioned. That being said, if I get more than one of these minifigures, I will sell one of them immediately so I can get the most money out of it.

Its not even on retail yet... and its been 1 year lol....

hardly anything to be happy about... If it would be 300$ today Id say I was wrong ;)

While off-topic, many sold for $99 and then around $160 at online retail stores. The set was available at a major discount for about 1/2 of it's 14 month run. Actually, I think 10127 is in good shape for only being retired last Dec. We should revisit this in Dec when it's been retired for a full year.

Guest betsy805

While off-topic, many sold for $99 and then around $160 at online retail stores. The set was available at a major discount for about 1/2 of it's 14 month run. Actually, I think 10127 is in good shape for only being retired last Dec. We should revisit this in Dec when it's been retired for a full year.

I only care for sets growth vs its retail price.... and currently its negative and thats even before we charge fees.....

Some(or even alot of us) outside EU do not have such discounts available so I use common ground to consider sets success....

for you individually or for anyone buying for 99$ can be a success I admit.... but for me a success of a set starts when its growth is 100% above retail price :)

How is the Darth Revan figure already being sold on ebay?!  NOT as a presale?!

Considering one of those two sellers had more than 30, sounds like they may have gotten a case of them.  

My guesses in no particular order are:

1. Slipped out the back of a LEGO store, theme park, discovery center, warehouse or factory in China

2. Damaged delivery that was refused at LEGO store or warehouse and then liquidated (see http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9292-a-very-interesting-way-to-buy-lego/ )

3. Left overs that were traded or taken home by employees of LEGO after being given away at some industry convention, trade-show, employee event, etc.  I've known other toy companies that will attend a trade show or conference and have some new exclusive or promo item shipped to the hotel the representatives were staying at.  After the event, if there's any left, they've already been written off and the company doesn't want to pay to ship them back -- so the employees themselves, or volunteers (if they had any) will get them.  Many moons ago I volunteered for a company that had a booth at Comic Con SD, during break down I was able to trade some of our promo items for LEGO that was on display in the LEGO booth.

3. TC-14. That droid that was seen for 10 seconds in Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace. He was a May the 4th figure, maybe the first, but I can't remember for sure though. But he is selling for about $15-25 on eBay and the secondary market. My only question is, why? Other than rarity, there's not too much more to the figure. He's a silver C-3PO, and that's it. To me, Gold holds more value than Silver, if you catch my meanin'. Darth Revan is different, he's a very cool looking figure to me. I don't see why he couldn't go for $25+ within a year or so.

The TC-14 is a beautiful Silver Chrome minifig - I would buy as many as I could at $15.

By the way, It really goes for $25 now, and will very likely be a $45-$50 fig.

I only care for sets growth vs its retail price.... and currently its negative and thats even before we charge fees.....

Some(or even alot of us) outside EU do not have such discounts available so I use common ground to consider sets success....

for you individually or for anyone buying for 99$ can be a success I admit.... but for me a success of a set starts when its growth is 100% above retail price :)

The set will be fine even for those who paid retail. We have an original trilogy nice sized UCS set that was only available for 12-14 months depending on location.

Brick envy must know someone on the inside. He is the master AFA Lego seller. Also had tons of Iron Patriots before anyone else.